Cornelius Dryfhout -- aka "Neil" here on AzB

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Folks:

It is with a sad and heavy heart that I share this news that our long-time friend "Neil" here on AzB has passed on:

http://stegengafuneralchapel.com/obituaries/Cornelius-Dryfhout/#!/Obituary

Many folks here know Neil, have probably had lots of in-depth discussions (or arguments) with him, but irrespective of which side of the aisle you were on with respect to Neil, you have to acknowledge that he was a man of conviction. He stuck to his guns, and was always willing to explain why.

We will miss Neil, and this place has lost an avid contributor.

RIP, my friend.
-Sean

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
One of the good guys!

Kinda checking who we have lost while I have been away. Surprised to find Neil on the list. Neil contributed a lot with his what would you do threads and in discussions. Neil was a fairly rare fellow, you could discuss something with him. If you disagreed you would be met with logical support for his position and a willingness to discuss things until we either agreed or agreed to disagree. Sometimes we discussed things for days with never a harsh word. I don't need to tell anyone how rare that is.

I am left feeling blindsided and genuinely saddened. Rest in peace.

Hu

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Neil definitely was a force here. As Hu is doing, I am checking in occasionally and sad to hear this.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
still catch myself going to message him or call....and then i remember.....but for a milisecond hes still alive and i cherish those infinitesimal moments