Correct Way To Buy A LD Shaft?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
What is the correct way to buy a LD-shaft for your cue? Should the cue be sent out to have it fitted correctly or buying the correct one and it screws right on and ready to play? I have a Viking G-27 with a quick release 5/16-18 pin that I'm thinking about putting one on. Thank you. Johnnyt
 
Just order the shaft from a reputable dealer and tell them it's for a Viking with QR joint. It's basically a std. 5/16x18 thrd shaft with the insert modified.
If you want matching ring-work, that's a different story.
I build LD shafts for customs & production cues all day every day, except Sundays.
That's when I play. Turn-around on a custom mated & matched is usually 3-4 days.
BTW, I do all the custom work for Seybert's.
 
Just order the shaft from a reputable dealer and tell them it's for a Viking with QR joint. It's basically a std. 5/16x18 thrd shaft with the insert modified.
If you want matching ring-work, that's a different story.
I build LD shafts for customs & production cues all day every day, except Sundays.
That's when I play. Turn-around on a custom mated & matched is usually 3-4 days.
BTW, I do all the custom work for Seybert's.

Thank you KJ Cues. Johnnyt
 
If it's a production cue, I'd assume it would be as easy as ordering the right pin. That's just an assumption though.
 
Johnnyt

I know that The Billiards Warehouse has had us send partials to Viking for them to match custom ring work on. Call them and see what they can do for you.

If you want to buy a stock shaft, make sure the joint diameter is .840". Some just use a shaft made for a normal 5/16x18 cue and many of them are .830" at the joint. The regular shafts will fit your screw with a very easy small modification.

Feel free to call me at the shop tomorrow and I can fill you in on the differences and what options you have.


Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com
 
Johnnyt

I know that The Billiards Warehouse has had us send partials to Viking for them to match custom ring work on. Call them and see what they can do for you.

If you want to buy a stock shaft, make sure the joint diameter is .840". Some just use a shaft made for a normal 5/16x18 cue and many of them are .830" at the joint. The regular shafts will fit your screw with a very easy small modification.

Feel free to call me at the shop tomorrow and I can fill you in on the differences and what options you have.


Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

Thank you Royce. I will give you a call mid morning Monday. John
 
Back
Top