Could Shane White Wash the USBTC?????

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it possible that Shane could white wash the USBTC????

He's already won the tenball undefeated...

He's in the hot seat of the nineball undefeated...

He's in the finals of the one pocket, with one loss...

And barbox eightball is Shane's strongest game...

So the question is, will Shane whitewash the bar table championships or rather the Reno event, since the one hole isn't on bar boxes????

Jaden

he had a chance but Dennis got in the way.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Not only is it possible it would be historic. Although I don't really root for any player I hope that Shane sweeps the event. I think he has worked so hard and this would further cement his place in the Hall of Fame.

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even though he only got 2nd in the us open one hole...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He could still white wash the USBTC....

Jaden

true... since you included the 1 hole in your list I thought the white was for all events... but yes he has a great chance of winning all the little table events held this week... :thumbup:

and he has a chance of duplicating something Dennis has done before .... holding the 10-ball title on a 10 ft, 9 ft and 7 ft// in the same 12 month period... Dennis did it as the US open 10 ball champ two years ago (I think) ... this year Shane would need to win the CSI Invite thing....

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Yeah...

true... since you included the 1 hole in your list I thought the white was for all events... but yes he has a great chance of winning all the little table events held this week... :thumbup:

and he has a chance of duplicating something Dennis has done before .... holding the 10-ball title on a 10 ft, 9 ft and 7 ft// in the same 12 month period... Dennis did it as the US open 10 ball champ two years ago (I think) ... this year Shane would need to win the CSI Invite thing....

Originally I was considering that he could white wash all of Reno, but even just white washing the USBTC in all events would be something special.

Jaden

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
Not sure if you know or not but Shane doesnt hear very well. The first hundred or so times I said something to him and he just looked at me funny and turned around I was pissed. Then I realized he just didnt hear what the hell I was saying.

Or maybe he just didnt like your face.

In nine months when we are talking about post of the year, let's remember this one

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
Quite frankly

I'm surprised that non of the cry baby pros haven't accused him of doping or making a deal with the devil. Lol

Rodney got banned from CSI for not paying a late fee, but Shane might get banned for winning every tournament available.

Somebody get Shane some Skittles bc he's in beast mode right now.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis and Shane are clearly the two best players here, among a couple of dozen champions. Even their peers consider them the two best. That said, it doesn't mean they will win everything (although Shane believes he should win every tournament he plays in). Dennis had lukewarm performances in the Ten Ball and 9-Ball before claiming the One Pocket title, thanks to TWO wins over Shane.

Shane's performance here this week is nothing short of amazing, 21 wins in a row before his first loss to Dennis. He could qiite possibly win all three USBT events and get a second in the One Pocket. Either Skyler or Thorsten must beat him twice to win the 9-Ball title and Shane feels that bar table Eight Ball is his best game. The only problem I see is that the Eight Ball is short races to five. Even with alternate breaks, there are many players here who can have a perfect match. In this field one mistake can easily cost you a match.

If Shane does somehow manage to win the 9-Ball and Eight Ball titles, that would mean over 20K in winnings this week! $4,250 for the Ten Ball and $3,800 for the One Pocket already. The 9-Ball is worth $5,000 and the Eight Ball $6,000 more. Add to that the $2,000 for best all around player and you have 21K. Not a bad week for our young American hero. He needs the money since he is soon closing on another four-plex in Sioux Falls. Shane is a pretty smart young man, planning well for his future away from the game.

P.S. One Caveat. Shane is NOT the best pool player in the world, sorry to inform you. He is definitely one of the best, but no less than Dennis Orcollo tells me (again) that there are several Chinese players who are equally as good as either he or Shane.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis and Shane are clearly the two best players here, among a couple of dozen champions. Even their peers consider them the two best. That said, it doesn't mean they will win everything (although Shane believes he should win every tournament he plays in).

That 8-ball tournament is going to be super tough to win, even for Shane. Races to 5 with alternate break gives plenty of people a chance. Although I wouldn't bet against him.

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So how did svb finish in all the csi events? Cant track it at work right now...

Btw, anyone notice his tempo on the bb or anywhere else that he catches that gear??? Closest thing to earl in his prime that I've seen. Just two stroking his way through the racks, no chalk... fn beautiful to watch

I try to mimic that same fluidity when I get loose... I believe rotation games would be a much better watch if this tempo became the norm for our top level players. I've also heard earl say the same thing several times...

Rodney is my fav to watch in gear. Might be partial because I'm also a lefty...

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Dennis and Shane are clearly the two best players here, among a couple of dozen champions. Even their peers consider them the two best. That said, it doesn't mean they will win everything (although Shane believes he should win every tournament he plays in). Dennis had lukewarm performances in the Ten Ball and 9-Ball before claiming the One Pocket title, thanks to TWO wins over Shane.

Shane's performance here this week is nothing short of amazing, 21 wins in a row before his first loss to Dennis. He could qiite possibly win all three USBT events and get a second in the One Pocket. Either Skyler or Thorsten must beat him twice to win the 9-Ball title and Shane feels that bar table Eight Ball is his best game. The only problem I see is that the Eight Ball is short races to five. Even with alternate breaks, there are many players here who can have a perfect match. In this field one mistake can easily cost you a match.

If Shane does somehow manage to win the 9-Ball and Eight Ball titles, that would mean over 20K in winnings this week! $4,250 for the Ten Ball and $3,800 for the One Pocket already. The 9-Ball is worth $5,000 and the Eight Ball $6,000 more. Add to that the $2,000 for best all around player and you have 21K. Not a bad week for our young American hero. He needs the money since he is soon closing on another four-plex in Sioux Falls. Shane is a pretty smart young man, planning well for his future away from the game.

P.S. One Caveat. Shane is NOT the best pool player in the world, sorry to inform you. He is definitely one of the best, but no less than Dennis Orcollo tells me (again) that there are several Chinese players who are equally as good as either he or Shane.

Jay,
Do any of these Chinese players want to match up with Shane? Race to 100, 9 or 10 ball nobody on the planet can get there, IMO
And I wonder if people on a Chinese pool forum somewhere are saying to their players "until you travel to America and beat that guy that roasts everyone he gambles with including Orcullo, you can't be the best"

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Jay,
Do any of these Chinese players want to match up with Shane? Race to 100, 9 or 10 ball nobody on the planet can get there, IMO
And I wonder if people on a Chinese pool forum somewhere are saying to their players "until you travel to America and beat that guy that roasts everyone he gambles with including Orcullo, you can't be the best"

I have informed a few people with lots of money who back players in China and Taiwan that they can play Shane anytime in the USA in the TAR format and so far to my knowledge NONE of them have made any move to make that happen. One of my friends indicated he was willing to back his player but then nothing came of it.

Ko Pin Yi was challenged and he was in the states last year and nothing came of it.

But don't think that this means they are scared. Like any players they will get up and play if the game is backed. And they will probably play very hard. Shane would have his hands full in 10 ball, 9 ball and 8 ball. One pocket would be a blowout because they simply don't play it ever.

But I agree that Shane is TOUGH in the TAR format and in any format really. The South Dakota Kid is the real deal and among the very elite on planet earth at what he does. Regardless of who actually holds the "title" of best player on earth at any given time Shane is in the top five all the time in my opinion.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
JB,
I certainly wasn't saying that the Asian or Pinoy contingent weren't some of the elite players on the planet. Some of the Europeans as well. A lot of them are capable of playing damn near perfect pool. The only thing I'm saying is that, in my opinion, Shane is THE favorite in a race to 100, 9 or 10 ball, on any table, anywhere in the world. That is just my humble opinion.

Of course I'd love it if some of the best players in the world that the US has really not been able to see that often would respond to a challenge and prove me wrong or right. Either way, it would be fun to watch.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
That's exactly how it works. If you can beat everyone in an all around, you're the best. What does a tournament have anything to do with it?

An all around playing what games? There are a handful of Taiwanese players who would give Shane plenty of competition if it was 9/10 ball, 8 ball, and 14.1.

You might argue to include games that are only played in the US, like banks or one pocket, but then the Taiwanese would have a case for adding in kairun which is a popular game in Taiwan that Shane is very unlikely to have a chance at winning without serious practice on his part.