Could Shane White Wash the USBTC?????

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
On paper for sure, not sure about off there may be some ultra rich Chinese players playing for boatloads that nobody knows about:p

Another opening for a classic Newman line. Walking down the stairs to get in the car....who knows what I am talking about?

<-----has TCOM on the brain lately

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another opening for a classic Newman line. Walking down the stairs to get in the car....who knows what I am talking about?

The real money is in the practice room......

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The real money is in the practice room......

Hmmm I think it's gone over my head. I'm picturing the scene when Vince goes on tilt with the Balabushka after Eddy say's "here is you here is Atlantic City, in between there are about 27 pool rooms" etc etc..

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
What it says is that you are so blinded by your Shane hanging that you can't accept that players do exist that can beat him & are better with world titles to boot.

Of course your rallying cry is a ridiculous race to 100 in 10 ball as if that is the end all be all of games. Shane like actual world champions can enter the same events & actually win on the biggest stages internationally. Until he does, he is NOT the best player in the world as the results prove that regardless of what you think.

I'm far from being a Shane hanger. I still bet against him when I'm mad at my money. And I never said a race to 100 was the defining character of being the best. I simply said that nobody in the world could beat Shane in that format. Oh how I wish one of these foreign champions that all of you speak of would try to prove me wrong. It would be epic as I'm sure they could bet more than some of the countries' GNP that they are from.

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Grasping at straws.

I'm far from being a Shane hanger. I still bet against him when I'm mad at my money. And I never said a race to 100 was the defining character of being the best. I simply said that nobody in the world could beat Shane in that format. Oh how I wish one of these foreign champions that all of you speak of would try to prove me wrong. It would be epic as I'm sure they could bet more than some of the countries' GNP that they are from.

There are always great players who stay in the shadows and like to take the cash in the backroom games. But they are not visible to most of us.

Shane is very visible and is an easy target for the ones who just love to try and bring down the top player(S) through text.

Shane just flat out plays all his competition.

Keep wishing and someday it may just happen. Till then try to enjoy watching the best player we (US) have to offer.

Don

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
There are always great players who stay in the shadows and like to take the cash in the backroom games. But they are not visible to most of us.

Shane is very visible and is an easy target for the ones who just love to try and bring down the top player(S) through text.

Shane just flat out plays all his competition.

Keep wishing and someday it may just happen. Till then try to enjoy watching the best player we (US) have to offer.

Don

I have been in a lot of back rooms. There isnt anyone like Shane in any of them.

Until one of these magical creatures come forward I'll be content to think they do not exist. And just because someone here may not know a player it doesnt mean they are unknown.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
hmmm...

A guy can get knocked out of the tournament the first day and make more money in the green room than the guy who won the tournament????

Jaden

I have been in a lot of back rooms. There isnt anyone like Shane in any of them.

Until one of these magical creatures come forward I'll be content to think they do not exist. And just because someone here may not know a player it doesnt mean they are unknown.

To be fair, I think we both know they exist, but for whatever reason, will never have or make the opportunity to compete with Shane. The world has gotten much smaller in the last 25 years. Before that, Americans dominated pool since its inception. Not so much anymore since players in other parts of the world have taken up the games AND have gotten the opportunity to travel to test their skills. But, it remains undeniable, that for some, the world remains far too large to circumnavigate.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I dont think they do.

To be fair, I think we both know they exist, but for whatever reason, will never have or make the opportunity to compete with Shane. The world has gotten much smaller in the last 25 years. Before that, Americans dominated pool since its inception. Not so much anymore since players in other parts of the world have taken up the games AND have gotten the opportunity to travel to test their skills. But, it remains undeniable, that for some, the world remains far too large to circumnavigate.

I think they can potentially exist and I think that there are guys with the skill to get there, but I don't think that there is anyone that exists that can dominate Shane with the pressure that comes along with that kind of matchup. I think the best is someone that is close to even money...

Jaden

p.s. anyone that thinks I'm a Shane nuthugger is sorely mistaken. I just acknowledge that he's the best right now and he's proving it more and more with every tourney that he plays in.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
no whitewash for Shane...

Skylar took down Shane to stop the whitewash, oh well. That still doesn't take anything away from how awesome Shane played in this tourney.

Jaden

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

Nope. I dont think they do. Its like saying somewhere there is guy who can consistently beat Tiger Woods but he never leaves his west texas golf course cause he likes hanging out with his buddy who looks like Cheech. I'll believe in Tin Cup when I see him.

A guy who can run 10 racks in his basement has no idea what its like to have someone of equal or better skill shooting back at him. I have had a front row seat to the absolute best players in the world for a number of years now. The difference between the elite and the simply great is that some players know how to WIN. Everyone runs balls. No one misses. Some always seem to win much more than they lose though. You can't learn that playing in a two table room in east BFE.

Thats not to say a great talent cant come out and play with these guys for a couple years and be right in the mix. Shane did it and so did Appleton. Both had to have seasoning though and learn to win before they became what they are today.

Tell me there is some savant out there that does not understand what competition is and just plays the game with no mental thought at all and I may buy it. But pool at the top level is a mental game. Everyone shoots the same shots and can do the same things. It comes down to execution under pressure. The only way to practice that is to do it all the time at a high level. Not in a basement.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Skylar took down Shane to stop the whitewash, oh well. That still doesn't take anything away from how awesome Shane played in this tourney.

Jaden

I saw Shane's I'll fated last shot, but how did he get there to be force to slow kick?

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Truer words have never been spoken...

Nope. I dont think they do. Its like saying somewhere there is guy who can consistently beat Tiger Woods but he never leaves his west texas golf course cause he likes hanging out with his buddy who looks like Cheech. I'll believe in Tin Cup when I see him.

A guy who can run 10 racks in his basement has no idea what its like to have someone of equal or better skill shooting back at him. I have had a front row seat to the absolute best players in the world for a number of years now. The difference between the elite and the simply great is that some players know how to WIN. Everyone runs balls. No one misses. Some always seem to win much more than they lose though. You can't learn that playing in a two table room in east BFE.

Thats not to say a great talent cant come out and play with these guys for a couple years and be right in the mix. Shane did it and so did Appleton. Both had to have seasoning though and learn to win before they became what they are today.

Tell me there is some savant out there that does not understand what competition is and just plays the game with no mental thought at all and I may buy it. But pool at the top level is a mental game. Everyone shoots the same shots and can do the same things. It comes down to execution under pressure. The only way to practice that is to do it all the time at a high level. Not in a basement.

This is absolute truth that I know from experience. I'm trying to get the seasoning now. Hopefully I'll be right there with these other players within the next couple of years as well. I'm getting a little long in the tooth, so this is probably my last chance...lol

Jaden

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I'm far from being a Shane hanger. I still bet against him when I'm mad at my money. And I never said a race to 100 was the defining character of being the best. I simply said that nobody in the world could beat Shane in that format.

The one guy that might have done so is Busty. He is one of the few guys that SVB actually struggles to beat in 10-ball and who drilled SVB in a TAR 10-ball match. Age on Busty's side might be the only thing starting to shift this over to SVB's favor.

I am not certain SVB would beat a few of the huge breaking players from China/Taiwan like Ko, Wu, or Chang. He definitely has a good chance to win, but I don't think he has to win against those guys.

When it comes to the rest of the Filipinos I don't think anyone of them break good enough to win in a long set. Some certainly shoot as well if not better then SVB but as we saw in SVB vs Dennis or Alex the SVB break is too much for players who shoot great but cannot rely on making balls on their break consistently.

The thing about the Chinese, a lot of them have figured out just how important the break is and they have nearly perfected it in a similar fashion to what SVB did.

I think they can potentially exist and I think that there are guys with the skill to get there, but I don't think that there is anyone that exists that can dominate Shane with the pressure that comes along with that kind of matchup. I think the best is someone that is close to even money...

Jaden

p.s. anyone that thinks I'm a Shane nuthugger is sorely mistaken. I just acknowledge that he's the best right now and he's proving it more and more with every tourney that he plays in.

I'm not saying that there is anyone who can dominate Shane. That person does not exist. But, I'm sure there are a few that could beat him, maybe. What we are talking about here is are there are folks out there that can put up a competitive match? I thinks so

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Yep. Which is why a guy who plays on his own table all the time and never gambles for more that 10-25 dollars a game isn't likely to be able to suddenly be a $500-$1000 a game player.

When you get down to it that's what seasoning is. Getting in the grease and firing at the money until you realize it's not about the money, it's about your performance under pressure.

And no amount of psyching yourself out about it will relieve that pressure. The only way is to play under the pressure and get battle hardened.

That's what Alex did to Shane the first time they played the TAR match. Alex started really firing back and ended catching Shane and then winning. Shane took that loss and got stronger because of it. He needed that pressure.

Having a great player firing at you can make your arm turn to jelly. Knowing that they have a better answer to anything you do jacks with you mind.

If pool were knife fighting to the death very few people would be willing to step in with Shane no matter how good they are.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The one guy that might have done so is Busty. He is one of the few guys that SVB actually struggles to beat in 10-ball and who drilled SVB in a TAR 10-ball match. Age on Busty's side might be the only thing starting to shift this over to SVB's favor.

I am not certain SVB would beat a few of the huge breaking players from China/Taiwan like Ko, Wu, or Chang. He definitely has a good chance to win, but I don't think he has to win against those guys.

When it comes to the rest of the Filipinos I don't think anyone of them break good enough to win in a long set. Some certainly shoot as well if not better then SVB but as we saw in SVB vs Dennis or Alex the SVB break is too much for players who shoot great but cannot rely on making balls on their break consistently.

The thing about the Chinese, a lot of them have figured out just how important the break is and they have nearly perfected it in a similar fashion to what SVB did.
Are there any videos that show these Chinese players with nearly perfected breaks? Do they also showcase the non-breaking aspects that make Shane great?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not saying that there is anyone who can dominate Shane. That person does not exist. But, I'm sure there are a few that could beat him, maybe. What we are talking about here is are there are folks out there that can put up a competitive match? I thinks so

But that's not what these other posters are implying.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Cornerman said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaden

Jaden

I saw Shane's I'll fated last shot, but how did he get there to be force to slow kick?

He wanted the CB on the side rail for a corner pocket shot, with natural follow through a gap to get on that ball he kicked. ran a hair long and bounced off the side rail, ending parallel with the corner pocket shot instead. So he was forced to hit closer to center, sort of a semi-stun touch shot rather than simple follow. Misjudged something, and ran into one of the balls he needed to float between.

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android