Counterfeit Kamui Tips- Learn the difference.

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Kamui fans. The time has come for all of us to recognize what is a fake Kamui and what is an Authentic Kamui.

We are changing our "look" NOT formula to make sure that YOU, the player and installer is getting a GENUINE Kamui tip.

Please watch our counterfeit video: http://youtu.be/OgFOtXGK1mE

Please study the image below and share with all of your friends. The fake Kamui tips will noticeably not perform like a Kamui tip. But before you get yours installed be sure it is the real thing!
fake_kamui.jpg

For further education on the evolution of the Kamui tips
1. At a brief time we did have black Kamui tips without the foil stamp. 2008-2009 But all Blacks had a unique serial number.
2. In August of 2009 we had a threat of counterfeit so we created the current "foil stamped" look.
With ALL of my authorized Kamui installers I RECALLED all the old look tips(non-foil stamped) and replaced with foil stamped. (I have a lot of the old ones)(NO MS)

RULE OF THUMB: Buy the Original or Black with a foil stamp, THEN look for the serial number pushed into the face.
The counterfeiters can not keep up with us as we can change the look of the Kamui tip at any moments notice. If it does not have a foil stamp you run a high risk that it could have been sourced out of a counterfeiter.

We do this to ensure that you get the real thing.

This chart below was made to show in 2009 what the new look is, what we know now. The HOLOGRAM will come out end of August.
new_kamui_comparrison.jpg

Last edited:

Itsnotme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like moori for 9ball, 3 cushion billiards and 8 ball. And lepros for straight pool and one pocket :D

Thanks for the clarification!

12ozCurl

Banned
Thanks for the clarification!

He didnt ask what you like...he was letting people know there are counterfeiters out there.

Thanks Kamui! I'll stay on the lookout!

By the way is that a Hologram on the new tips? If so thats way cool!

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just had one installed last weekend. Is there a way to identify them after the fact?

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Thanks for the info.

Just a thought, you seem to be putting a lot of money into preventing people from counterfeiting your products but not much thought into the reasons behind it.

While I use your product, I do think it is at least %20 overpriced.

There's a reason people counterfeit big name products. They have a huge markup so there's a lot of money to be made.

If your product was more reasonably priced, it would be less attractive to counterfeiters and therefore you wouldn't have to spend so much money protecting your brand name.

I don't see anybody knocking off Triangle tips.

Just my .002

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your comment. How do you know triangles are not counterfeited?

;-)

And as for the price... well if our gov't fixes our economic problem....
http://www.google.com/finance?q=USDJPY&hl=en
In 2008-2009 1USD=1YEN.
NOW - Aug 2011
1USD=.77YEN (this does not mean the dollar is stronger.. it means it is weaker.)
If our economy does not turn around, expect the price of Kamui tips to go up.

Thanks for the info.

Just a thought, you seem to be putting a lot of money into preventing people from counterfeiting your products but not much thought into the reasons behind it.

While I use your product, I do think it is at least %20 overpriced.

There's a reason people counterfeit big name products. They have a huge markup so there's a lot of money to be made.

If your product was more reasonably priced, it would be less attractive to counterfeiters and therefore you wouldn't have to spend so much money protecting your brand name.

I don't see anybody knocking off Triangle tips.

Just my .002

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How soon before counterfeit kamui chalk starts showing up? sorry couldn't pass that up. I do like Kamui and play with them on all my sticks.

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How soon before counterfeit kamui chalk starts showing up? sorry couldn't pass that up. I do like Kamui and play with them on all my sticks.

Thank you for asking... Not any time soon. We made sure that you know your chalk is authentic because when you apply it to the tip of the cue it turns to a darker blue. ;-)

12ozCurl

Banned
Thank you for asking... Not any time soon. We made sure that you know your chalk is authentic because when you apply it to the tip of the cue it turns to a darker blue. ;-)

Thats cause smurfblood dries light blue! Its darker when you smear it on :p

I feel sorry for the person that manages to sell me fake Kamui chalk. Goodnews arsehole...Its a suppository!

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dang it!! I just bought 4 Kamui Black Super Soft tips from a dealer on eBay for $59. I jumped on the deal because it sounded so good. Now I think they may be the counterfeit ones. I've sent the online store an e-mail and tried to call them twice just to make sure everything is good, but have not heard back. Of course, I already paid for them too.

If they are counterfeit, I will send them to you along with the name of the online store that I bought them from and let everyone here know as well, so that nobody else gets ripped off!

This is horrible news!!

nympfisher

SEMI AMATURE
Silver Member
Was there a early version without the ring? I will have to look when I get home. I traded 2 soft for 2 super soft and they didn't look like the ring softs I had

Kamuitipsdotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was there a early version without the ring? I will have to look when I get home. I traded 2 soft for 2 super soft and they didn't look like the ring softs I had

Please see the chart above for the evolution of the old design to the foil design. The old design was pre Aug2009, The foil design is post Aug2009.
The Hologram will be out the end of Aug 2011.

Last edited: