Cripple Creek Colorado?

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody been there? Is there a place to play pool there? 9 footers? Barboxes? Players? Bangers?
My next job has me staying in Cripple Creek for about 3 months, and I'm wondering if it's even worth bringing a cue? The drive to the Springs is a thought, but not something I'll be able to do often just to play pool.

Thanks,
dave

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cripple Creek

Not much in the way pool action up there.I would recommend a drive to Aurora Co to Rack em Cue club if possible one of the best action rooms in CO and they are having qualifiers for major tournaments June 6-7th if you go hit me up I live here and will be there on those days.Also look up cuetimes.com which is the local pool rag here and has every bar and pool hall around the Denver and Colorado Springs area and would be very helpful in finding a place to play.Lists all local tournaments and rankings!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Anybody been there? Is there a place to play pool there? 9 footers? Barboxes? Players? Bangers?
My next job has me staying in Cripple Creek for about 3 months, and I'm wondering if it's even worth bringing a cue? The drive to the Springs is a thought, but not something I'll be able to do often just to play pool.

Thanks,
dave

Dave it looks like you live in Colorado so it would be easy to bring a cue. When I travel I go through this same problem and I have learned to bring one. Even if it just sits there and I don't use it I feel better knowing I have it. There may not be many public tables around that corner of the state but I would bet there are still private tables around and if your lucky you may stumble on someone up there that might play allot if there was someone like you around.:)

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stormshadow1...Don't you have your dates wrong? The 4th & 5th is Thursday and Friday. Seems much more likely that the qualifiers would be on the weekend.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Not much in the way pool action up there.I would recommend a drive to Aurora Co to Rack em Cue club if possible one of the best action rooms in CO and they are having qualifiers for major tournaments June 4-5 if you go hit me up I live here and will be there on those days.Also look up cuetimes.com which is the local pool rag here and has every bar and pool hall around the Denver and Colorado Springs area and would be very helpful in finding a place to play.Lists all local tournaments and rankings!:thumbup:

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for clarifying

stormshadow1...Don't you have your dates wrong? The 4th & 5th is Thursday and Friday. Seems much more likely that the qualifiers would be on the weekend.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

You are correct the dates are June 6-7th. I pulled it up on cuetimes.com and corrected my post.Cant wait to play in it.It should be a really tough field and will be a great tournament.There is some serious players in CO and this will be bring the best out of the woodwork.Good luck to everyone and thanks for clarifying the dates.:thumbup:

Last edited:

BuddyWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Tokyo-Dave ,
Woodland Park is close and there are barboxes there .
Colo Spgs is the best bet . Alot of barboxes ( every bar )
9ft. at Antique Billiards and Sticks .
Do you belong to the Elks Lodge ? There is one in Cripple Creek and I think
they have a table . There is a 9ft Brunswich in Victor.
The Elks in Colo Spgs have 6 table , 5X10 Snooker , 3 4.5X9 Brunswich
3.5X7 Valley and a 3.5X7 Diamond Smart...
If you are looking for action try Antique or Sticks...
No action at the Elks unless you play for $.25

Have a good 3 month

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I appreciate all the replies. Can't really say I'm lookin' for action, but would more than welcome friendly cheap sets. I'm just more or less lookin' for a place to either play other 'players' or in the worst case, practice by myself. I'm really not interested in being surrounded by drunk bangers on a coin-op that have never heard of the no cushion rule. I guess the company is going to put us up in a Motel for the whole 3 months, so I'm pretty sure I will make a couple of trips to the Colorado Springs area, but once again, I only want to be in a place with 9 footers and with 'players.' I'd even be happy if the place we stay in had a game room with a table in it.
The original plan was for me to be sent to the Aurora area, so I was looking forward to Rackem' and Tablesteaks, but the plans have changed, and not I find myself a little worried about where I can kill the time at nights without being tempted to play on those 'other' green felted tables!
dave

JamisonNeu

Mr. Masse
Silver Member
Ive been there, I wasnt trying to play pool though. If you are going to be there 3 months then I have to tell you about phantom canyon. This is one of the best senic drives in the country. Some day when you have an entire day to drive around drive through it to Carson City then drive to Colorado Springs, and back the quick way to Cripple Creek.

Take a small car or a scooter, there are some spots that will scare you to death driving. Places where if you screw up it's a thousand foot cliff...lol I loved it and am going to go back as soon as I can.

Cripple Creek is nice I just wasn't even looking for a pool table once I saw the veiw...Pool can't compare! Hope you don't mind my ambush. I wish I had to go live there for three months...