CTE aiming.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Been outa touch for a while, moving and such. Did the CTE Video ever get produced? CTE is definitely my main aiming technique now and was just wondering what ever happened with everything and all...

Yes, the CTE/Pro One Video by Stan Shuffett, Landon Shuffett and Stevie Moore is in the can. Now they are doing some editing but I don't know how long that is going to take.

Landon just ran 140 the other night.....I wonder if the CTE/Pro One is helping his game or if he was just born that talented?

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anybody tried to use the 90/90 aiming method? I find it a little less work to begin with to get to your pre-pivot point. After a week or two it's not a bad extra tool in my box. I'm at the point where I might be doing it well enough to trust it and turn off the feel on some of the tougher shots.:eek: :confused:

When I am goofing off, I try 90/90 and it consistenly gets close without the parallel shift of CTE. Like you said, it's another tool, and more parsimonious than CTE.

I am getting better at getting down on the shot with the cue tip at the obverse contact/impact spot on the OB and pointing it there on the CB while aiming at the said contact point on the OB...and then pivoting to the center of the CB which 'doubles the distance' from the center of the OB to the contact point.

Thanks
:)

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure wish that my math skills as well as visualiztion abilities were more advanced.

Come on Stan!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the CTE/Pro One Video by Stan Shuffett, Landon Shuffett and Stevie Moore is in the can. Now they are doing some editing but I don't know how long that is going to take.

Landon just ran 140 the other night.....I wonder if the CTE/Pro One is helping his game or if he was just born that talented?

Back when I was in my master's program I wrote a long paper on the issue of credibility. One of the things I mentioned is that when you're looking at endorsements and asking yourself how believable the endorsement is, you look at who is putting out the endorsement and whether they are free of emotional and financial ties to who/what they are endorsing. Preferably, the person endorsing someone/something would be unbiased and have nothing to gain from their endorsement. IOW: normally, the more objective the source is, the more credible the endorsement.

I'm not saying a son's endorsement of his father's work and product (which he sells) isn't believable, just sayin' it might be a less than an ideal endorsement as far as being unbiased :)

Lou Figueroa

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
LAMas:
...getting down on the shot with the cue tip at the obverse contact/impact spot on the OB and pointing it there on the CB while aiming at the said contact point on the OB...and then pivoting to the center of the CB which 'doubles the distance' from the center of the OB to the contact point.

??

I can't follow this. Can you restate it a little differently?

pj
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back when I was in my master's program I wrote a long paper on the issue of credibility. One of the things I mentioned is that when you're looking at endorsements and asking yourself how believable the endorsement is, you look at who is putting out the endorsement and whether they are free of emotional and financial ties to who/what they are endorsing. Preferably, the person endorsing someone/something would be unbiased and have nothing to gain from their endorsement. IOW: normally, the more objective the source is, the more credible the endorsement.

I'm not saying a son's endorsement of his father's work and product (which he sells) isn't believable, just sayin' it might be a less than an ideal endorsement as far as being unbiased :)

Lou Figueroa

If you ever spent some time with Stan and Landon the last thing you would do is question their credibility. Not saying your post doesn't have some merit, just thinking it shouldn't be in a thread that mentions Stan and Landon.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Post #666 in the world's longest aiming system thread... You little devil.

pj
chgo

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
??

I can't follow this. Can you restate it a little differently?

pj
chgo

I can but I won't for it is only good for a certain distance between the CB and OB at a given bridge distance between the bridge hand and the CB.

I don't know if you noticed my post on Aparallel CTCP?

While trying out CTE and the vague descriptions of how it works here on AZ, I noticed that the shift before the pivot required on CTE must be less when the separation between the CB and OB increases or the bridge distance from the CB must be increased.

I don't use what I proffered, for even this, is too arduous than double the distance.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=188643&highlight=aparallel

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you ever spent some time with Stan and Landon the last thing you would do is question their credibility. Not saying your post doesn't have some merit, just thinking it shouldn't be in a thread that mentions Stan and Landon.

I think it should :)

Lou Figueroa
go figure