CTE aiming.

Geometry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have searched and looked through the previous threads on this forum. 1000s of posts read, one big headache later and still can't find any definitive answers.

Is this basically having a singular constant sighting line (centre to edge) while the cue line is different from the sight line in order to bring a consistent shot making picture for the brain to memorise more easily (along with other benefits)?

Geometry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No!!!!!!!! It is a aiming system to make all shots including banks!

Its the best theory I could come up after reading all the posts!

Consistent sight line, variable cueing line?

Obviously you could theoretically make any shot this way and could be considered an aiming system.

Could you confirm for me - that if your doing CTE properly, the cueing line and the sight line are not the same after the pivot?

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Breakin8

Could you tell me how you make banks with CTE? I'd love to know.

Pete

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watch Gerda Hofsteader on tv sat. If you like what you see go take a lesson from Stan Shuffet.

Geometry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watch Gerda Hofsteader on tv sat. If you like what you see go take a lesson from Stan Shuffet.

I'm not flying to the US, especially when I would have to do a B2/3 visa application again just in order to enter due to the free visa waver right being revoked on my UK passport after failing to establish evidential ties on a previous flight over to the USA, so that's an just a complete impossibility. Personally after all the crap, I never want to set foot on US again my lifetime.

However, I really would like to learn, if someone was willing to engage in conversation about this.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have searched and looked through the previous threads on this forum. 1000s of posts read, one big headache later and still can't find any definitive answers.

Is this basically having a singular constant sighting line (centre to edge) while the cue line is different from the sight line in order to bring a consistent shot making picture for the brain to memorise more easily (along with other benefits)?

I think this is a pretty fair assessment

just kick'n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck on your quest. You can stick your B2/3 visa application where the sun dont shine. Have a nice day.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
dr_dave said:
http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/aiming.html#CTE
Info on here is incomplete and not real good. Go see STAN, results speak for themselves. Landon-champion, Gerda- champion, Stevie-champion,Matt-SBE pro-am winner. This is a solid aiming method, the best around. Long live PRO-ONE.
I have done my best to summarize and quote all of the best information available on this topic over the years. When I see, hear, or read something more complete that makes sense, I will be more than happy to add it to the resource page. After the countless hours of phone calls with various "proponents" and "experts," and after reading multitudes of forum posts over many years, I think the information I have posted is still the best that is available. I know some people claim there is "secret" information that ties everything together and corrects all of the previous "versions" of CTE, but until I see something clearly published, clearly demonstrated, or clearly described that makes sense and is reproducible by following a clear procedure (without countless hours of "working with the system"), I will remain a skeptic.

Respectfully,
Dave

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done my best to summarize and quote all of the best information available on this topic over the years. When I see, hear, or read something more complete that makes sense, I will be more than happy to add it to the resource page. After the countless hours of phone calls with various "proponents" and "experts," and after reading multitudes of forum posts over many years, I think the information I have posted is still the best that is available. I know some people claim there is "secret" information that ties everything together and corrects all of the previous "versions" of CTE, but until I see something clearly published, clearly demonstrated, or clearly described that makes sense and is reproducible by following a clear procedure (without countless hours of "working with the system"), I will remain a skeptic.

Respectfully,
Dave
Gerda learned in 2 days, won a tournament within 2 months, how strong is that.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gerda learned in 2 days, won a tournament within 2 months, how strong is that.
That sounds very strong. :eek:

Are you claiming Gerda won the tournament because she was using CTE?

Would she agree with you concerning this statement?

I thought she was using DAM. :grin-square: :confused:

Regards,
Dave

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Respectfully,
Dave

The only excellent CTE info in your CTE section is my shot circle diagram, I must say :)

Edges shift the moment your eyes move a hair. There's an "outermost edge" for any one shot. That's your reference for where you set off the CTEL (only comes into play with shots thinner than 1/2 ball cuts). That, paired with arcing your pivot to the shot distance makes about every single shot in pool.

The above paragraph is a roadmap and an indian guide for whoever cares enough to experiment. I suspect a few people don't WANT cte to be real - they'd lose too much face. I wonder if someone would ask Landon if he felt CTE/Pro1 helped him crush in Kentucky's finest at age 15. Let's ask Landon if he's a skeptic too.

Don't take Landon or Stan's word for it, or mine, or Cookies.... go ask your MASTER BCA INSTRUCTOR Tom Simpson if he's a skeptic. He thinks Hal should be in the hall of fame because of CTE.

Dr. Spiderwebcomm

p.s. i can describe the system in 5 mins while at a table in a systematic fashion where anyone can get it without "working" on the system.

p.p.s. SWEET another aiming thread.

Last edited: