CTE and Throw, Further Thoughts

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Speaking of that...we need to talk about what you're doing. I spent about 15 hours one week trying to get it based on your thread here and I just couldn't quite see what you are talking about. I could see the little notch in the shadows you're talking about but I didn't know what to do with it. I did learn some cool aim reference points using shadows to make shots that I really used to struggle with though. :)

If you have access to a table and a cell phone.....I can walk you through it pretty easy. I did that with onepocket John and a handful of others past few years. Shoot me a pm or hit me up on Fakebook messenger bro.

-greyghost

(Keebie fleniken)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah now you should get back to work and tell us why what I’ve done for a decade doesn’t work either lol.

I don't know what you have been doing for a decade so I can't comment. I can tell you that you don't have an aiming system that requires no subjective adjustments from the player. It isn't the system I have a problem with. It is the outrageous claims made to sell and promote the system that many of us do have a problem with.

I'll just bet you and Neil are related.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I don't know what you have been doing for a decade so I can't comment. I can tell you that you don't have an aiming system that requires no subjective adjustments from the player. It isn't the system I have a problem with. It is the outrageous claims made to sell and promote the system that many of us do have a problem with.

I'll just bet you and Neil are related.

You almost made a sensible post then poo pooed your drawers just like ENGLISH.....with the same exact comment.

I much appreciate the your try hard at being crass but you failed at a berating and gave a grey a fine compliment indeed.

I’ll gladly give you the link to review the method. I don’t sell it and never will, I give it away for free so that is one less thing for you to try and chew on for attention.

What I do believe is that the method is the grandfather of CTE without all the mess. Tho it actually supports Stans cte pro one, to which poses him off when I mentioned said it just like I’m currently stating.

It is objective as ghost ball as I and others have tried to adjust once upon the shot and it will not work if that occurs.

As the point of aim moves with the player as they move about the table. Even shows the alphabet

Stan questioned that I was questioning his ability to see along with the professors who assisted his “proof”....to which I did not as the original point plays all quantum mechanicy.

It never moves yet it follows you upon observation.

Batter up player,
-greyghost

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

I like this. I often use my shaft like that. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the sphere comment. I know, when following those lines on the cloth, they meet under the equator of the ball, and the sphere is why you have the shadows you're looking at. But those contact points are located on a circle. It just happens to be 1.125 inches above the cloth. We can aim with hockey pucks (cylinders) just as successfully as we can with spheres. But of course the shadows would be meaningless.

Anyhow, excellent video!

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I like this. I often use my shaft like that. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the sphere comment. I know, when following those lines on the cloth, they meet under the equator of the ball, and the sphere is why you have the shadows you're looking at. But those contact points are located on a circle. It just happens to be 1.125 inches above the cloth. We can aim with hockey pucks (cylinders) just as successfully as we can with spheres. But of course the shadows would be meaningless.

Anyhow, excellent video!

Your half way there.

This method is back of ball so even tho they do not bisect at the equator like they do ah the base....of you chip down vertically from the back side to that og pocketing contact point.....because of that planar view they are the same if you get my drift

As you rotate it rotates with you even tho that pocketing contact spot never moves.....the back side moves and hence the comments about quantum mechanics how upon observation things change

-greyghost

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a little record keeping for the discussion.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6668689&postcount=490

Throw Video Reply.png

Stan finally answered a question about his throw video (three years later) and his reply is that the balls did not all hit center pocket because his aim was off. Let's think about that.

1. The soft shot went center pocket and the hard shot grazed the edge of the pocket (about a 1" difference). This happened twice in a row the exact same way in Stan's video. To me, this illustrates what we all know, that soft shots throw more (generally speaking).

2. It is absolutely amazing that Stan was "untidy" and missed his aim the exact same way both times. If Stan spends that much time aiming a shot and misses by a half a pocket then he needs a new hobby. In other words, it is absurd that the difference in ball location for soft vs hard was caused by Stan simply being sloppy. Stan holds to the idea that because he uses CTE the ob should go center pocket whether it is hit soft or hard.

3. We all know (or should) that the central theme to Stan's video is that the ball does not throw any differently because he uses CTE. To say that I am obsessing over "a little" error and it is no big deal is a complete dodge. A couple of people here, including Stan, have said "So what?" the ball went in more or less the same. These people are hoping that most people are reading casually and don't think about what is being claimed.

4. Stan's final reply also suggested that I should be reported for harassment. I guess if you can't argue the merits then you can try to shut down the discussion.

Stan's CTE Pro1 cannot work as described based on the evidence in the video. For example, rail shots will be impossible unless adjustments are made to account for varying amounts of throw.

Instead of simply acknowledging that CTE requires input from the player and that the system does not connect with the table automatically, Stan continues to plow forward, damn the evidence to the contrary.

Personally, if Stan dropped the obsession with "objectivity" I think he would attract a lot more people to his system, at least for a good look.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

BC21