CTE at long distances

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And you can?

Did you even watch the clip?

His head clearly drops straight down onto the line of the shot.

Nope, I have been watching SHane and many others for the past ten years. Most of them SWEEP most of the time and that's my point.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A pro player friend of Shane's just responded to me about Shane's movement to the cue ball. Shane Sweeps....ABSOLUTLEY, EVERy TIME.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A pro player friend of Shane's just responded to me about Shane's movement to the cue ball. Shane Sweeps....ABSOLUTLEY, EVERy TIME.

Stan Shuffett

doesnt almost every banger/amateur/pro do that ??
how many players hold the cue straight up and come stright down ?
i do to see the shot line between the "2 " cues i see when the cue is right in front of my face
it helps me keep my head on the shot line
stan your comments on my approach would be appreciated
i will pm you my cell # if we could talk about it

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
doesnt almost every banger/amateur/pro do that ??

Yes, It's very natural to sweep in until a teacher gets a hold of them...lol.---But the question is- SWEEP from where to where with an objective explanation. THE tell-tale sign of a player that is visually coming in from an OFFSET is that their cue comes in from the side.

Stan Shuffett

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, It's very natural to sweep in until a teacher gets a hold of them...lol.---But the question is- SWEEP from where to where with an objective explanation. THE tell-tale sign of a player that is visually coming in from an OFFSET is that their cue comes in from the side.

Stan Shuffett

You can have your cue come in from the side, and still drop your head straight down to the shotline.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can have your cue come in from the side, and still drop your head straight down to the shotline.

Yes, There are 3 approaches for the same CTE . In 2 of them you can do just that and in the other one, nope. It all boils down to knowing how to use eyes and please know that my vision knowledge goes way deeper than DVD2.

Stan Shuffett

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
The pro1 sweep is to create the shot line. Every one else normally see's the shot line from above an fall.. turn what ever when coming down on that same line from above. Nothing abnormal and nothing to do with cte.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pro1 sweep is to create the shot line. Every one else normally see's the shot line from above an fall.. turn what ever when coming down on that same line from above. Nothing abnormal and nothing to do with cte.

Sweeps are not for creating shotlines. Knowing how to REALLY use one's vision is how shotlines are located. I will be showing exactly how shot lines for CTE can be seen while standing or in full stance or both.....

Stan Shuffett

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

He claims he aims with different parts of the shafts.
Since the cue always comes from the side of your body to your vision center, sweeping can be claimed.
Unless players start standing the cue on the shot line and go down from there.
Next claim would be Mosconi waa a sweeper.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He claims he aims with different parts of the shafts.
Since the cue always comes from the side of your body to your vision center, sweeping can be claimed.
Unless players start standing the cue on the shot line and go down from there.
Next claim would be Mosconi waa a sweeper.

Yes sir, Do a search for the Mosconi/Caras match. Watch Caras's first 28 ball run. Sweeping been going on a long time. I am just the first one to call attention to it.

Stan Shuffett

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Sweeps are not for creating shotlines. Knowing how to REALLY use one's vision is how shotlines are located. I will be showing exactly how shot lines for CTE can be seen while standing or in full stance or both.....

Stan Shuffett

I would venture to say if the balls going in consistently your vision is good.
What ever method of pocketing balls you use, ones vision needs to be taught to see the correct shot line...cte included. Practice makes perfect.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would venture to say if the balls going in consistently your vision is good.
What ever method of pocketing balls you use, ones vision needs to be taught to see the correct shot line...cte included. Practice makes perfect.

CTE is a completely different deal. WHY? Because the CCB that makes the shot can be described and aligned to. Of course, it's take work. It is professional in every way. It is odd at first because alignments occur from an OFFSET while standing or while in full stance. Most pros naturally aim from an OFFSET while standing but they lose it in full stance because it's not natural and they resort to comfort.....A little discomfort is well worth the reward.

Stan Shuffett

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Yes sir, Do a search for the Mosconi/Caras match. Watch Caras's first 28 ball run. Sweeping been going on a long time. I am just the first one to call attention to it.

Stan Shuffett

You're not.
Someone claimed just about everyone was a sweeper.
One claimed Parica and Efren went to him for aiming lessons.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're not.
Someone claimed just about everyone was a sweeper.
One claimed Parica and Efren went to him for aiming lessons.

I was the first class one to ever formally introduce sweeping into the shots from visual OFFSETs back in about 2008. According to Houle, 4 Filipinos did get lessons from him back in the 80s. I knew Hal well enough to know that he wasn't a liar but rather a man of strong character.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
I was the very one to ever formally introduce sweeping into the shots from visual OFFSETs back in about 2008. According to Houle, 4 Filipinos did get lessons from him back in the 80s. I knew Hal well enough to know that he wasn't a liar but rather a man of strong character.

Stan Shuffett

None of them were Parica and Efren.
Parica and Efren were nailing spot shots on the Big Bertha table at Hard Times the first time they played on it.
Neither one needed aiming lessons.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
None of them were Parica and Efren.
Parica and Efren were nailing spot shots on the Big Bertha table at Hard Times the first time they played on it.
Neither one needed aiming lessons.

You gotta be kidding! Your insinuation is that they would have no need for new knowledge or perspectives because they already played so well. The reason they visited Hal was for new prerspective that might expand their games to even greater levels.
Houle taught CB Edge Aiming and dividing the OB into quarters....Efren did too in the 90s. Wonder where Efren got that from. There is more to it as that is only the surface.

Stan Shuffett