CTE at long distances

sacman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the dimensions of the tv table?

Thanks for the question. It doesn't matter what the dimensions are for practicing visuals (Stan used a kitchen island on his DVD). Just call out "straight, left or right cut shot, 15/30/45 degree perception" and practice getting the visual. Then transfer that to the pool table. The actual pocketing (directly or via banking) only works on a table with 2:1. Watch his DVD (#2). It will explain (chapter 12: A Workbench Study).

I also practice his excellent sweeping exercise (yes on the same TV table):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwI_62Npos

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
If you think Efren is not doing LEFT and right sweeps then you are blind.

Why would Filipinos be interesed in Hal's info? Very simply, they understand how visual the game of pool really is. Many Filipinos, especially those over 40, have a played board game on smaller tables where CTE is a.common alignment. Efrens management was likely all to eager to get a perspective of CTE for 2x1 pool tables. Word of Hal's CTE made its way to Puyat. They liked to learn and still do!! They took Hal seriously unlike some of the home folks. He emptied out with Efren and his crew because got respect from them.
It is the visual that separates the men from the boys not the stroke. Efren is a visual giant.......

Stan Shuffett
What Efren is doing is what most do and it ain't cte.
If they use cte its nothing like yours.
Anyone ever ask Efren if he uses cte?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What Efren is doing is what most do and it ain't cte.
If they use cte its nothing like yours.
Anyone ever ask Efren if he uses cte?

It is on record that Efren taught another pro how to aim: USING CB EDGES- That is the foundational cornerstone of CTE! He also taught this pro the OB aimpoints that are located at the quarters. Plenty of pros will admit that they aim with CB edges and that alone automatically offsets one's vision away from CCB.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
It is on record that Efren taught another pro how to aim: USING CB EDGES- That is the foundational cornerstone of CTE! He also taught this pro the OB aimpoints that are located at the quarters. Plenty of pros will admit that they aim with CB edges and that alone automatically offsets one's vision away from CCB.

Stan Shuffett
So Efren uses the fractional system. Is pro1 a fractional system?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So Efren uses the fractional system. Is pro1 a fractional system?

Hal Houle said, " I never shot a fraction shot in my life!" I can see where those that do not understand CTE might think that. Hal laughed at the fraction system.

Stan Shuffett

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

This is where things get ridiculous in regards to CTE. Every little movement here or there is turned into a CTE movement. Many players use the edges of the balls as aiming aids but that doesn't mean they are using CTE and certainly not the Pro-One version.

How many times does a professional player have to say something along the lines of "I just see the shot" until people begin to believe them?

Here's what ultimately separates the aiming gurus from the rest of us:

It is the visual that separates the men from the boys not the stroke. Efren is a visual giant.......

Most of us believe the exact opposite.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

This is where things get ridiculous in regards to CTE. Every little movement here or there is turned into a CTE movement. Many players use the edges of the balls as aiming aids but that doesn't mean they are using CTE and certainly not the Pro-One version.

How many times does a professional player have to say something along the lines of "I just see the shot" until people begin to believe them?

Here's what ultimately separates the aiming gurus from the rest of us:

Most of us believe the exact opposite.

Here is what you and most of the world don't know that Hal did.

Typical aiming results in something very very close to CTE as in the CB EDGES are extremely close to being in the correct place. Typical aiming works but the fact remains, it's still guess-work.

Hal showed Efren how to do a little tweak with the CB edges so that alignments could be perfect without guess-work. It's a whole new visual world when a player can align shot after shot based on perfect CCB knowledge. Efren did not turn up his nose to that info.

The Filipinos have not been world beaters for the past few decades based on stroke but rather a superior visual education. It goes without saying that they have good strokes but that is not where the separation happens.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And that's your opinion. My opinion is that their strokes are better. Much better. Ocullo delivers his cue about as straight as any living human. As far as Efren is concerned, they say he played his best pool long before he ever came to the states. So unless Hal visited him in the Phillipines -- he didn't help his game much.

You really should just let your work speak for itself without trying to claim all these great players are unknowingly using some version of your system.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And that's your opinion. My opinion is that their strokes are better. Much better. Ocullo delivers his cue about as straight as any living human. As far as Efren is concerned, they say he played his best pool long before he ever came to the states. So unless Hal visited him in the Phillipines -- he didn't help his game much.

You really should just let your work speak for itself without trying to claim all these great players are unknowingly using some version of your system.

I am not making claims as you suggest. What I am saying is that CTE is inherently a part of natural aiming. A player can easily be engaged in a loose framework of CTE and not know it. Hal once said, " The top 200 players are using my system". What he meant was-is that they were doing things that he had come to understand that the players themselves were unaware of.

Let me please clear something up.....CTE has always been around. I don't have a version of CTE.....What I have is CTE. Hal peeled back the layers and I have done same thing myself based on the clues he chose to leave behind. CTE is what it is and the whole world will know exactly what it is in the not so distant future.
My work has been primarily to expose Hals knowledge. Hal had important info and it would be a shame to lose it. I have IMPORTANT info myself to share, that perhaps Hal even looked over, as result of my ten year intensive study with what he left behind. I have certainly advanced, refined, structured and explained the entire phenomena for the very first time. People can like it or not....It will be free......not my book, of course.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the question. It doesn't matter what the dimensions are for practicing visuals (Stan used a kitchen island on his DVD). Just call out "straight, left or right cut shot, 15/30/45 degree perception" and practice getting the visual. Then transfer that to the pool table. The actual pocketing (directly or via banking) only works on a table with 2:1. Watch his DVD (#2). It will explain (chapter 12: A Workbench Study).

I also practice his excellent sweeping exercise (yes on the same TV table):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwI_62Npos

I was just engaging with Dan. I am very aware of just about all of Stan's info and very much approve of everything he says about CTE.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Hal Houle said, " I never shot a fraction shot in my life!" I can see where those that do not understand CTE might think that. Hal laughed at the fraction system.

Stan Shuffett

For someone who knew so much about aiming he should've realized it does have some merit to it.

You say your system is a professional aiming system. What qaulfies a system to be a professional system?

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
For someone who knew so much about aiming he should've realized it does have some merit to it.

You say your system is a professional aiming system. What qaulfies a system to be a professional system?

Next step is the door for a minimum 3 year ban.

Please don't test that.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The quarters in contrast to CTE is about like a sapling and a redwood. Hal knew that the quarters was guess-work and had zero connection to the geometry of any regulation table. He knew it had some merit at the amateur level but like I said he never wasted any energy with it so much as a single shot.

CTE as a pro system.

Objective
Prescription for how to really use ones vision
Prescription for how to align
Does not limit proficiency in any way
Spin adjustments are very simple with CTE
Practice is simplified because shots fall into 4 repeatable catagories
CTE reduces the target to the CB and nothing on the OB
Playoff/shootouts result in defined shots out of the kitchen
Commentary lends itself to naming shots and what a player can see or should see
CTE can be objectively communicated to students in EXACT terms
Pool is visual.....CTE stops the search for what to see so that stroke, speed, spin and strategy can be dealt with with vision out of the way
Pros use it and have won plenty with it

There's more but that's enough for now.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
The quarters in contrast to CTE is about like a sapling and a redwood. Hal knew that the quarters was guess-work and had zero connection to the geometry of any regulation table. He knew it had some merit at the amateur level but like I said he never wasted any energy with it so much as a single shot.

CTE as a pro system.

Objective
Prescription for how to really use ones vision
Prescription for how to align
Does not limit proficiency in any way
Spin adjustments are very simple with CTE
Practice is simplified because shots fall into 4 repeatable catagories
CTE reduces the target to the CB and nothing on the OB
Playoff/shootouts result in defined shots out of the kitchen
Commentary lends itself to naming shots and what a player can see or should see
CTE can be objectively communicated to students in EXACT terms
Pool is visual.....CTE stops the search for what to see so that stroke, speed, spin and strategy can be dealt with with vision out of the way
Pros use it and have won plenty with it

There's more but that's enough for now.

Stan Shuffett

So would it be fair to say other systems could be the same?