CTE at long distances

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Explain to the sweaters what sweeping is.

Sweeping

What sweeping is not....lining up with your vision center directly behind CCB and moving straight into CCB.
There is virtually no objectivity from that approach.

What sweeping is.....lining up from an OFFSET away from CCB using specific objective aspects of the CB and OB so that a defined CCB center can be seen that conects TO RIGHT angles.

FROM The offset one's vision moves or sweeps very minutely left or right to CCB.

Stan Shuffett

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
You gotta be kidding! Your insinuation is that they would have no need for new knowledge or perspectives because they already played so well. The reason they visited Hal was for new prerspective that might expand their games to even greater levels.
Houle taught CB Edge Aiming and dividing the OB into quarters....Efren did too in the 90s. Wonder where Efren got that from. There is more to it as that is only the surface.

Stan Shuffett

I know Efren and his opinion of instructors is not very complimentary.
He saw one instructor teaching Tang Hoa at Hard Times one time.
He said I'd play that maestro.
Efren made fun of him teaching Hoa how to aim.
Efren placed the ball where the instructor was teaching Hoa where to aim
Efren laughed at it and shot it. He simply asked how you could miss this ball.

Sorry, Efren and Jose never saw Hal.
I had dinner with Parica with one of his pupils as well. Parica said he was running 15 balls by the time he was 13. He just said his brain is just like a computer when pocketing balls.
And he taught his pupil the ghost ball method .

Efren wouldn't see someone who was not a great player for lessons.
Efren uses the ghost pocket aiming method.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Efren and his opinion of instructors is not very complimentary.
He saw one instructor teaching Tang Hoa at Hard Times one time.
He said I'd play that maestro.
Efren made fun of him teaching Hoa how to aim.
Efren placed the ball where the instructor was teaching Hoa where to aim
Efren laughed at it and shot it. He simply asked how you could miss this ball.

Sorry, Efren and Jose never saw Hal.
I had dinner with Parica with one of his pupils as well. Parica said he was running 15 balls by the time he was 13. He just said his brain is just like a computer when pocketing balls.
And he taught his pupil the ghost ball method .

Efren wouldn't see someone who was not a great player for lessons.
Efren uses the ghost pocket aiming method.

Ok, It is your prerogative to call Hal Houle a liar.

Stan Shuffett

JoeyInCali

Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

You can word it any way you want it Stan.
Too bad AZB no longer has the old posts during those days when this subject came up.
Jose and Efren never saw Hal for aiming lessons.
Go ahead, call Jose and prove me wrong.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He (Parica) just said his brain is just like a computer when pocketing balls.

He also said to me that, "practice is for those that don't know what to do".

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can word it any way you want it Stan.
Too bad AZB no longer has the old posts during those days when this subject came up.
Jose and Efren never saw Hal for aiming lessons.
Go ahead, call Jose and prove me wrong.

I choose to believe Hal and the evidence. It is entirely within the realm of great probability that Hal showed a Filipino foursome CTE in a CA poolroom. Hal knew beyond any doubt that one the four was Efren. Hal got a long distance call and the meeting was arranged. They only met for 30 minutes or so according to Hal. Hal showed them some special info inside of that half hour and I guarantee you that they took notice and had no intentions of telling others what they saw. I know what they saw.......They were smart enough to shut up about it and go work with it. HAL SHOWED THEM HOW TO TURN CUTS INTO STRAIGHT INS! THEY LISTENED AND LEARNED!

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

Also strange that he states that Efren is a ghostballer, when Efren himself has stated that he uses edges to aim, and has taught that way to others. :confused:

But, in any case, what Efren does and does not use (which I am positive has changed over the years, as with any great player), it doesn't change anything about CTE.

CTE is a great tool in playing pool. It stands on it's own merit. Who uses it and who doesn't use it, who likes it and who doesn't like it, has no real bearing on just how effective a tool it really is. I only wish I had learned it decades ago.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Also strange that he states that Efren is a ghostballer, when Efren himself has stated that he uses edges to aim, and has taught that way to others. :confused:

But, in any case, what Efren does and does not use (which I am positive has changed over the years, as with any great player), it doesn't change anything about CTE.

CTE is a great tool in playing pool. It stands on it's own merit. Who uses it and who doesn't use it, who likes it and who doesn't like it, has no real bearing on just how effective a tool it really is. I only wish I had learned it decades ago.

Err, ghost pocket system.
He imagines the pockets some 6-12 inches from the ob.

You mean you read someone who claimed he taught her Efren's way of aiming?
And this was before Efren was speaking English.

CTE is great all you want.
No need to claim Efren, Busti and Parica use it.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
I choose to believe Hal and the evidence. It is entirely within the realm of great probability that Hal showed a Filipino foursome CTE in a CA poolroom. Hal knew beyond any doubt that one the four was Efren. Hal got a long distance call and the meeting was arranged. They only met for 30 minutes or so according to Hal. Hal showed them some special info inside of that half hour and I guarantee you that they took notice and had no intentions of telling others what they saw. I know what they saw.......They were smart enough to shut up about it and go work with it. HAL SHOWED THEM HOW TO TURN CUTS INTO STRAIGHT INS! THEY LISTENED AND LEARNED!

Stan Shuffett
Well, if you put it that way, there is no way to disprove it even if they denied such a meeting ever happened.
That would be the same thing as Mang Nicolas at Lucky 13 claiming he taught Efren and Jose how to aim but they wouldn't divulge it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Err, ghost pocket system.
He imagines the pockets some 6-12 inches from the ob.

You mean you read someone who claimed he taught her Efren's way of aiming?
And this was before Efren was speaking English.

CTE is great all you want.
No need to claim Efren, Busti and Parica use it.

Luat stated publicly to Duke Laha at DCC with witnesses that Efren uses CTE. Dennis O. told me at an event in Jacksonville that Efren uses CTE. He indicated that many Filipinos use CTE cause they want to be like Efren. Dennis said he used CTE at times, depending on the shot. Busti spent in access of an hour explaining to Dave Segal his use of CTE.

Stan Shuffett

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Luat stated publicly to Duke Laha at DCC with witnesses that Efren uses CTE. Dennis O. told me at an event in Jacksonville that Efren uses CTE. He indicated that many Filipinos use CTE cause they want to be like Efren. Dennis said he used CTE at times, depending on the shot. Busti spent in access of an hour explaining to Dave Segal his use of CTE.

Stan Shuffett
So, they're not secretive about it anymore?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, they're not secretive about it anymore?

I can't speak to what degree or when they choose or not choose to be secretive. What I know is this: If I came upon what I know at this moment as a player back in my 20s or 30s, I likely would not share it with anyone.
A top USA road player contacted me recently about his desire to spend time with me. He shared with me that he believed he was doing something similar to CTE. He said his number one road rule was to NEVER share anything Aiming related., This fellow played over the entire US for over 25 years with a 100 plus road trips and his losses were only to top ranked players of the Sigel-like category. He is on my waiting list!

Stan Shuffett

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unravel this word and define it within the context of aiming.
uiorpisfaionms

Stan Shuffett

I Like Mort's description:

"Sweep the cue in from the side and position the tip with exactly a half tip offset. Make a strict pivot to center cue ball."

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Like Mort's description:

"Sweep the cue in from the side and position the tip with exactly a half tip offset. Make a strict pivot to center cue ball."

That won't cut the mustard!

Unravel that word please. It is one your favs and define it in an Aiming context.

Stan Shuffett

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

You, your Son, Steve an a couple other have a PSR that is very similar. None of the Filipino players resemble anything like what your doing. The proof is all over youtube,

Why in the world would these guys need help from Hal..actually, from anyone?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You, your Son, Steve an a couple other have a PSR that is very similar. None of the Filipino players resemble anything like what your doing. The proof is all over youtube,

If you think Efren is not doing LEFT and right sweeps then you are blind.

Why would Filipinos be interesed in Hal's info? Very simply, they understand how visual the game of pool really is. Many Filipinos, especially those over 40, have a played board game on smaller tables where CTE is a.common alignment. Efrens management was likely all to eager to get a perspective of CTE for 2x1 pool tables. Word of Hal's CTE made its way to Puyat. They liked to learn and still do!! They took Hal seriously unlike some of the home folks. He emptied out with Efren and his crew because got respect from them.
It is the visual that separates the men from the boys not the stroke. Efren is a visual giant.......

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member

One instructor here used to claim they sought his help too.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member

Stan Shuffett

The list of CTE users is getting long .
When we ask Efren how to shoot a shoot he says, " Ganito ang patama nyan."

When you ask Efren for lessons he tells you to see Ramon Monching Mystica.

If they were secretive about the aiming system they learned from Hal, they sure don't act like it.