CTE automatically corrects stroke issues

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
what...? I thought there was only two. The ones I make and the ones I miss.

Still trying to figure out all the other crap people talk about on this forum.
Drink the Flavor Aid and we can show you shots that transcend this plane of existence. Physics bow to our whims. ;)
😅 🤪

boogie < about to be labeled a hater even though I mentioned no aiming systems.

The aiming forum sure is stale lately.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Drink the Flavor Aid and we can show you shots that transcend this plane of existence. Physics bow to our whims. ;)
😅 🤪

boogie < about to be labeled a hater even though I mentioned no aiming systems.

The aiming forum sure is stale lately.
I'll take some of the blame. I made a promise not to engage anymore.

The aiming forum has taught me one thing. I can still be right in my mind and survive without having to convince someone else that they are wrong.

boogieman

The aiming forum has taught me one thing. I can still be right in my mind and survive without having to convince someone else that they are wrong.
Definitely. It's good to explore other people's thoughts and systems on aiming, but in the end we are the ones who have to apply it and parse whatever usable info we can. Aiming is almost like politics or religion, it's difficult to convince others, especially when they are having success with their method.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Aiming is almost like politics or religion, it's difficult to convince others, especially when they are having success with their method.
Even when they're not in some cases...lol.

Blind faith is most definitely a powerful thing.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't think it's possible to control the collision of two balls perfectly.
Depends on the goal. If the goal is to achieve the necessary shape in order to continue pocketing balls and one does that then the perfection is in the consistent reaching of the goal. If the goal is to get shape and land perfectly on a donut every time then I agree with you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Except in pool faith doesn't make balls. Aiming and execution does. The table is not some mythical invisible being but is instead a cold inanimate slab that tells the shooter immediately whether they have aimed and executed correctly enough to make the ball or not.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't care what you contend -- you are obviously incapable of understanding something very simple and basic.

As an added benefit: in part because of this, you will always suck : -)

Lou Figueroa
But I will always be a better person than you. I would rather not be able to even lift a pool cue than to be you. And even though I suck I have more heart than you will ever even have the joy of knowing for even a minute.

There is literally nothing about pool that you know that I don't. Not a single thing. But there is a lot that I know that you don't.

And I will never back down from you. You're the worst kind of bully, always have been.

While you spent a lifetime lying on my dime I spent mine building two solid brands and supporting this sport. While you try to tear it down I promote pool. While you try to set yourself up as some sort of hamb guru despite being just above average I embrace the innovators and inventors who give themselves to pool trying to hep others get better.

You are and always will be scared to play anyone your speed for anything significant. You're scared to play those you consider to be so far below you that you insinuate that you're stealing.

So, I am good with where I am at in life and on the table. I have no need to exaggerate and try to use lies to become someone that one person called "best pool writer on the internet".

I suck so much that after ten+ hours the score between us is 10-8. I mean honestly you're either the best hustler alive or you're not good enough to beat me as easily as you pretend. Even when I barely prepared and you practiced every day you could only win because I gave you most of the games you won. So as badly as I suck you don't seem to be much better.

That you think I care what you think is truly the hilarious part Lou. At this point nothing you say is likely to be honest or insightful or original.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

When I won $5000 was that an example of not having success? See the thing is that you all love to highlight the negative but never acknowledge the positive. Like NEVER. Always throwing the jabs and jerking with people thinking you all are being clever. It's ridiculous. You people think that you know me because of a few matches you see but you don't see me play all the time. You don't have any clue about all the times I won matches. But it's ok, I have learned from you and the other critics how important it is to make carefully edited videos with infographics and pointed captions. Thanks to you all I am motivated to actually market CTE in ways that I sincerely hope will make you want to vomit every time you see them. I tried the conversational way and you all rejected it, instead opting to ridicule. So all that's left for me is to say screw it and just smile every single time in the future I see any of you make a comment about how sick you are of seeing CTE advertised everywhere. One good thing about pool is that one can stretch $10,000 really far when one wants to market something.

See, you were one of those who started this shoot the messenger bullshit by highlighting misses and ignoring makes. But did you criticize Lou for his misses? NOPE.

None of you have. Which further proves that it's not about any sort of HONEST GOOD FAITH interest and conversation and is instead about finding ways to ridicule and make fun of.

So continue calling me delusional. Crazy people with money can do a lot.

Already got graphic artists working on posters and storyboard designers mapping out the videos. I will be sure to give credit to the motivators so that no one is left out.

Although this isn't my preferred outcome it is the one that I think is necessary to promote the learning and adoption of objective aiming systems.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You insist your way is the only way; expounding as if the great authority. What do you imagine people will do with all the directly related flaws you leave for everyone?

boogieman

Even when I barely prepared and you practiced every day you could only win because I gave you most of the games you won. So as badly as I suck you don't seem to be much better.
In fairness, 1P is often won by forcing your opponent to make more mistakes than you, not by raw aggression and ability. So... giving games to your opponent isn't any kind of indication of who the better player is, it's literally the point in most cases to force your opponent to give you games through error.

Saying you gave your opponent games in 1P is basically admitting they out moved you. No judgement here though, you'd probably wipe the table with me. 10-8 basically says you were both playing at very similar levels.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Except in pool faith doesn't make balls. Aiming and execution does. The table is not some mythical invisible being but is instead a cold inanimate slab that tells the shooter immediately whether they have aimed and executed correctly enough to make the ball or not.
yep you win, nothing else to read here...

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
When I won $5000 was that an example of not having success? See the thing is that you all love to highlight the negative but never acknowledge the positive. Like NEVER. Always throwing the jabs and jerking with people thinking you all are being clever. It's ridiculous. You people think that you know me because of a few matches you see but you don't see me play all the time. You don't have any clue about all the times I won matches. But it's ok, I have learned from you and the other critics how important it is to make carefully edited videos with infographics and pointed captions. Thanks to you all I am motivated to actually market CTE in ways that I sincerely hope will make you want to vomit every time you see them. I tried the conversational way and you all rejected it, instead opting to ridicule. So all that's left for me is to say screw it and just smile every single time in the future I see any of you make a comment about how sick you are of seeing CTE advertised everywhere. One good thing about pool is that one can stretch $10,000 really far when one wants to market something.

See, you were one of those who started this shoot the messenger bullshit by highlighting misses and ignoring makes. But did you criticize Lou for his misses? NOPE.

None of you have. Which further proves that it's not about any sort of HONEST GOOD FAITH interest and conversation and is instead about finding ways to ridicule and make fun of.

Already got graphic artists working on posters and storyboard designers mapping out the videos. I will be sure to give credit to the motivators so that no one is left out.

Although this isn't my preferred outcome it is the one that I think is necessary to promote the learning and adoption of objective aiming systems.
I stopped reading after the second sentence. For no other reason than you quoted me, and then lumped me in to the group you prefer to describe as haters. I don't care how good or bad you think you are.

Show me something that will motovate me to make a positive comment on, and I will. The opposite is also true if the mood hits me.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But I will always be a better person than you. I would rather not be able to even lift a pool cue than to be you. And even though I suck I have more heart than you will ever even have the joy of knowing for even a minute.

There is literally nothing about pool that you know that I don't. Not a single thing. But there is a lot that I know that you don't.

And I will never back down from you. You're the worst kind of bully, always have been.

While you spent a lifetime lying on my dime I spent mine building two solid brands and supporting this sport. While you try to tear it down I promote pool. While you try to set yourself up as some sort of hamb guru despite being just above average I embrace the innovators and inventors who give themselves to pool trying to hep others get better.

You are and always will be scared to play anyone your speed for anything significant. You're scared to play those you consider to be so far below you that you insinuate that you're stealing.

So, I am good with where I am at in life and on the table. I have no need to exaggerate and try to use lies to become someone that one person called "best pool writer on the internet".

I suck so much that after ten+ hours the score between us is 10-8. I mean honestly you're either the best hustler alive or you're not good enough to beat me as easily as you pretend. Even when I barely prepared and you practiced every day you could only win because I gave you most of the games you won. So as badly as I suck you don't seem to be much better.

That you think I care what you think is truly the hilarious part Lou. At this point nothing you say is likely to be honest or insightful or original.

I do not make racist comments to people as you do; nor have I ever said to you, "I hate you with every fiber of my soul," as you have; nor have I ever extended a quarrel on the internet to calling up people's homes, as you have twice (that we know of); nor have I ever tried to start a fight in a pool room, as you have; nor have I ever head-butted someone, as you have -- so no, you lose the better person contest.

Simply the fact that you spend so much time responding to anything I write here, constantly claiming funsies games we played years ago that I can barely remember instead of just the cash game, tells me you care very deeply about me and what I write.

oh, and I also have never cheated at a pool game, like you have, so there's that.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In fairness, 1P is often won by forcing your opponent to make more mistakes than you, not by raw aggression and ability. So... giving games to your opponent isn't any kind of indication of who the better player is, it's literally the point in most cases to force your opponent to give you games through error.

Saying you gave your opponent games in 1P is basically admitting they out moved you. No judgement here though, you'd probably wipe the table with me. 10-8 basically says you were both playing at very similar levels.

The score that counted was 9-6 for $10k.

JB is also counting games we played for fun way back when. If that isn't laughable and pathetic, I don't know what is.

Lou Figueroa

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You have referenced this thing about us pointing out failures and ignoring successes with CTE several times. I think you are missing a key point so let me clear it up:

When you are successfully making shots you may or may not be using CTE. The observer has no way of knowing, other than recognizing that CTE CANNOT work as described. It is geometrically impossible. So when you play well "with CTE" many of us realize that you are making those shots with some kind of altered CTE method that you yourself probably do not fully understand. If you did then you would have no interest in constructing experiments in your shop to test what is really going on with CTE.

When you are failing at pocketing balls with reasonable frequency while doing CTE demonstration videos, it says that you are either not performing the CTE steps correctly, or that you are and it doesn't work. It is inconceivable after over a decade that you could still be doing it wrong, so that leads to the idea that it just doesn't work. See the difference?

I know you will reject this reasoning but I don't need to get a reply. I just wanted to explain why success does not mean CTE works while failure might mean it doesn't.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have referenced this thing about us pointing out failures and ignoring successes with CTE several times. I think you are missing a key point so let me clear it up:

When you are successfully making shots you may or may not be using CTE. The observer has no way of knowing, other than recognizing that CTE CANNOT work as described. It is geometrically impossible. So when you play well "with CTE" many of us realize that you are making those shots with some kind of altered CTE method that you yourself probably do not fully understand. If you did then you would have no interest in constructing experiments in your shop to test what is really going on with CTE.

When you are failing at pocketing balls with reasonable frequency while doing CTE demonstration videos, it says that you are either not performing the CTE steps correctly, or that you are and it doesn't work. It is inconceivable after over a decade that you could still be doing it wrong, so that leads to the idea that it just doesn't work. See the difference?

I know you will reject this reasoning but I don't need to get a reply. I just wanted to explain why success does not mean CTE works while failure might mean it doesn't.
“Success does not mean CTE works”. That’s some real good logic right there.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Depends on the goal. If the goal is to achieve the necessary shape in order to continue pocketing balls and one does that then the perfection is in the consistent reaching of the goal. If the goal is to get shape and land perfectly on a donut every time then I agree with you.
Be thankful there's a margin of error in the pocket.(we should all be thankful) you'd see the truth in everything.

Again, you can't control everything that's happening in the collision, many factors come into play. I'm alright with believing otherwise. 👍