CTE PRO ONE: Tyler is a champion using it... now what? discredit CTE more?

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Err, no.
He has no BASIC questions for himself.

haha, well that's just your opinion, i respect that..
but consider some timeline..... EFREN at a young age maybe.... does not know some certain shots....

and in terms of breaking.. Im sure efren does not know full well what can happen there are gaps on the racks some 40/30 years ago..

anyways that's for efren to answer...

anyways all is good :)

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another example of an already pro-level player prior to CTE. Not saying CTE doesn't make him feel better or play better due to a more consistent PSR. But he's a champion because he was trained well and practiced what he learned at an early age.

Tyler started playing pool when he was about 14, and he had the excellent benefit of pro lessons through the BEF (Billiards Education Foundation), which is a great organization. I'd say quite a few aspiring young players that are fortunate enough to get lessons from PBIA instructors at such an early age, and are also given the opportunity to compete in junior national competitions, are likely to become pro-level players, provided they stick with the game and work/practice at what they are taught. Most kids, unfortunately (like where I grew up), have zero access to such learning opportunities. Lessons from Jerry Briesath when you're 16 or 17 would be an amazing advantage for any young player learning the game.

Like I said, this is nothing negative about CTE. It's just the reality of Tyler's road to championship pool. I'm sure there are other upcoming BEF students, or some who have already been through the BEF program, that have or will become champion-caliber players, but without CTE. Nevertheless, if one or more believes learning CTE will give them an edge over another player, then I'm sure they'll give it a try. It's tough competition at the highest level, so if you think something out there might give you an edge, go for it.

Meanwhile, countless average (non-pro) pool players are still trying to figure out why they continue to miss shots, regardless of 2 CTE dvds, endless YouTube clips on various pivot methods, ghostball lessons, traditional fractional aiming (the old "quarters system"), or whatever aiming method their inconsistent stroke or lack of table time just can't straighten out.....they remain stagnant in skill level.

Your exaggerations are so so funny. What's the old line from the movie " You can't handle the truth"

PS No pro's or top amateurs are using your system are they. Jealous much

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
anyways, all is good..

I just disagree on the "discrediting" part of any aiming system.
I get were they were coming from, i have the same mindset 8 years ago...
I don't get the jockeying of Efren's name by this aiming guru's dudes.
Wait, I do.
It's actually laughable .

JC

Coos Cues
For every pro using CTE there are how many who are not?

What about the amateurs here who bicker endlessly?

I would love to see some video evidence from both sides as to how sporty they actually play.

Show film of you guys running racks. Either side of the argument. Let's see what it really looks like on the pool table, all bullshit aside. All you keyboard warriors pick up your cues and cameras and get busy. Show the world. We already saw how feckless Barton was. How about the rest of you?

I guess that's not going to happen is it? Would sort of settle the issue though wouldn't it?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member

Watch the pro who claims he uses CTE.
Sometimes you'll catch him bend over and line up the contact point to the pocket.
Seen them often do that with the money ball .
And when they shoot combos.

Saw one pro do that open at the Hard Times. That after this one ardent supporter claimed he beat the 13-ball ghost using CTE.
A few months later, he was teaching the ghost ball to his students ( on video ). And never heard if he was using cte at all after that.
Then they talked down about him using cte before. They said he just had an interest.
This pro was already a former US Open winner .
Obviously, he did not need aiming lessons anymore .

Let's not discuss Darren Appleton endorsing one aiming system.
Then the checks stopped coming in, I guess.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What about the amateurs here who bicker endlessly?

I would love to see some video evidence from both sides as to how sporty they actually play.

Show film of you guys running racks. Either side of the argument. Let's see what it really looks like on the pool table, all bullshit aside. All you keyboard warriors pick up your cues and cameras and get busy. Show the world. We already saw how feckless Barton was. How about the rest of you?

I guess that's not going to happen is it? Would sort of settle the issue though wouldn't it?

https://www.facebook.com/abnbilliards/videos/2601869676558133/
Watch the stream Tyler will be playing. You won't know what CTE looks like though

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watch the pro who claims he uses CTE.
Sometimes you'll catch him bend over and line up the contact point to the pocket.
Seen them often do that with the money ball .
And when they shoot combos.

Looking at the contact point means nothing. It's certainly not evidence that one is not using CTE. In fact the contact point can be very valuable when using CTE. It would certainly help you to pick out the proper sweep.
Funny how you keep posting negative about CTE but in reality you know absolutely nothing about it.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 ranked Nesli O'Hare explains
what she was taught. "The technique I use
was taught to me by Efren Reyes.
According to Efren, there are three kinds
of hits on any object ball. First, there's
looking at the center of cue ball to the
point of aim if the shot is a full ball hit. If
not, you can divide the object ball into four
quarters, sighting your cue ball edge to the
point of aim. When using inside english
with a medium-to-hard stroke, you don't
change the point of aim. With outside english, you aim a sixteenth of an inch fuller
on the object ball than you normally
would. But, all bets are off when using a
soft stroke, because of deflection, etc."

Centers and edges from Efren himself.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Looking at the contact point means nothing. It's certainly not evidence that one is not using CTE. In fact the contact point can be very valuable when using CTE. It would certainly help you to pick out the proper sweep.
Funny how you keep posting negative about CTE but in reality you know absolutely nothing about it.
BS
They are aiming at the contact point.
And they don't need sweeps.

CTE PRO ONE

There's only 3 or 4 shots. There are defined perceptions for each shot with known CCBs.
Contact point is not needed.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your exaggerations are so so funny. What's the old line from the movie " You can't handle the truth"

PS No pro's or top amateurs are using your system are they. Jealous much

I was not exaggerating, and I am not even remotely jealous. Poolology was not designed for professional players. Pro players use experience to pocket balls, not secret aiming systems. It's no different than Tiger Woods using his years of training and practicing (from the time he was able to walk) to become a champion golfer.

In fact, ALL champions, be it chess, tennis, football, pool, etc... become champions through thousands of hours of dedicated practice. Studies have shown that about 10,000 hours of practice is needed to master most complicated skills, such as becoming a grand master chess player or a worldclass violinist or guitarist, or, believe it ir not, a champion pool player. It is not exaggerating to ssy that nearly every champion in any field (sports, music, gaming, etc...) started training when they were very young, usually around 3 or 4 years old, and reaching a master level by the time they're 13 to 15 years old. Pool may be the exception due to table height, but kids who start lessons when they are 9 or 10, and dedicate themselves to quality practice, will reach a top professional level of play by the time they're 19 or 20. (The 10,000 practice hours equates to about ten years.)

Young champions are often merely the beneficiaries of advantageous childhoods, where they were first introduced to the sport or game or instrument that they would eventually master. Nearly every worldclass sports figure or musician that you can think of started when they were very young through opportunities provided by their parents, the types of opportunities that were not presented or available to most children. But getting opportunity at a young age isn't enough, the child must want to do it, must practice and practice and practice, for thousands of hours. That takes dedication and passion.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm talking about you guys, not the pros. Time to post up your prowess after all this study.

I strongly suspect the noisier with the keyboard the less overall skill on the table available for display.

Yet you are afraid to play me lmao

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BS
They are aiming at the contact point.
And they don't need sweeps.

Contact point is not needed.

And you have zero experience with CTE so you wouldn't know. Nice guess though.
Do you know what a sweep is?

Contact point isn't needed, that has been proven, but it doesn't hurt to use every available resource when playing.

JC

Coos Cues
Apparently you won't play without a video lmao

Just curious how all you anonymous keyboard heroes play. I knew when I wrote that we were never going to match up.

Not good in general is where my money is. Which is why none of you will ever show yourself doing the one tip pivot jive. Because you suck.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious how all you anonymous keyboard heroes play. I knew when I wrote that we were never going to match up.

Not good in general is where my money is. Which is why none of you will ever show yourself doing the one tip pivot jive. Because you suck.

Well i made a blind offer to play you but you need video of how i play before you commit. That pretty much says it all. Goodbye

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

Ive been curious on how well these cte guys play to, none can produce a video but they sure can of the pros who do...lol. not sure if any of them suk but how hard is it with these smart phones to produce of video of your play.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
And you have zero experience with CTE so you wouldn't know. Nice guess though.
Do you know what a sweep is?

Contact point isn't needed, that has been proven, but it doesn't hurt to use every available resource when playing.
Tell us where in these two dvd's the contact point is used for aiming and sweep.

Attachments

• DSC01444.JPG
    DSC01444.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 133