CTE Stepping Cue Ball.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a tiny bit of the history. I also know that there's more than one way to make balls. There are different aiming systems, different perceptions and I've tried many. What is working for me now is working for me. Whatever works for the person shooting the balls, more power to them. I'm honestly not a CTE basher, hell I even bought the book and the additional cue ball. The system works, but I found one that takes way less rebuilding of my entire game. Would I be better switching to CTE? Maybe, but I can't invest the months of downtime and getting destroyed until it clicks. I play pool competitively with friends who are serious about pool for 25-35 hours or more a week. No time for losing, even temporary or I'll never hear the end of it! 😅 I'm just not in a place in my life to switch aiming systems, even if I do see potential in them. I tried some of the basic CTE stuff and it works. The point is, I'm not a CTE basher but basing your game off how well you can pocket balls with a curtain means very little. Sure, it's a neat trick, but that's what it is. Even if you're a master at shooting behind a curtain, it's surely not how you play in a tournament, league night etc.
yea the curtain video was never put out to promote Stans methods, but rather to discount a few bashers claims.

I used to just see the contact points and fire and did pretty well but with age my vision changed and so anymore seeing contact points, especially several diamonds away, got to be sketchy and less accurate. With CTE I only actually aim at the cue ball and it's always close by so in my case it helps. With covid I don't get to the pool rooms much anymore but I have a 9 ft diamond pro at home so I play daily. My brother and I used to play 1 pocket on it a lot, but cancer got him a couple months ago so here lately I am relinquished to playing alone, usually working on aiming, banks, and such and CTE plays a big part in it.

The thing that gets me is, years ago when Stan was on here promoting and teaching CTE there were the skeptics who always tried to diminish his work, for some reason. And lately coming back on here more regularly I see that even with Stan gone, actually banned from what I hear, that same handful of people are still here pounding his work, and it's amazingly apparent to me that, after all these years, they still have a very limited amount of knowledge about Stans work, making examples of this or that that Stan said in some video, usually incomplete and out of context and trying to make him and his work seem like snake oil. I just can't see what their point is.

Thresh

I
How does it define "perception"?

So you'll post a copy here for our education?

pj <- yeah, sure...
chgo
I did order the book because I had some money to burn and I was curious.

Unfortunately, the book is exactly like the videos. Nonsensical jargon gibberish. The book might as well have a pin up calendar to Hal Houle. Can't go 4 pages without an entire paraph on him.

I have no idea who Hal Houle is, I don't see any Mosconi cup teams with him on it. If you Google his name you just get the aiming section on AZB, so who the hell cares about him.

But if I had to describe the book, here it is in a summary.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I

I did order the book because I had some money to burn and I was curious.

Unfortunately, the book is exactly like the videos. Nonsensical jargon gibberish. The book might as well have a pin up calendar to Hal Houle. Can't go 4 pages without an entire paraph on him.

I have no idea who Hal Houle is, I don't see any Mosconi cup teams with him on it. If you Google his name you just get the aiming section on AZB, so who the hell cares about him.

But if I had to describe the book, here it is in a summary.

So you don’t understand it. Thousands of others aren’t having that issue

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I've seen, even those who claim to understand, can't explain it, which means they don't understand it.
I can't speak for all users but for me all I need to do is use it the way it's meant to be used and the result is it makes the ball a very high percentage of the time, easily as good or better than any other method I ever used. So, I haven't really spent a hell of a lot of time trying to figure out why it works. I also don't take my truck transmission apart to see how it works either, just drive.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

Of course that's the reason. It couldn't be you're skeered you don't really understand it after all...

pj
chgo
20plus years in and you have no understanding of CTE. So are you that dumb or do you have no real interest in learning it. The answer is obvious despite your constant one liners

Thresh

I can't speak for all users but for me all I need to do is use it the way it's meant to be used and the result is it makes the ball a very high percentage of the time, easily as good or better than any other method I ever used. So, I haven't really spent a hell of a lot of time trying to figure out why it works. I also don't take my truck transmission apart to see how it works either, just drive.
Here is how a transmission works. You can learn from a video that was made in 1936. That's an 86 year old video.

Organized and explained simply.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is how a transmission works. You can learn from a video that was made in 1936. That's an 86 year old video.

Organized and explained simply.

See you folks can't read, so it's no wonder you can't cipher CTE. I never said I didn't know how power transmission works, I said I don't take the transmission apart to use my truck. And case in point, my truck has an automatic transmission, it's a newer way of power transmission,,,,,,, somewhat like CTE is a newer way of aiming than say ghost ball, and yet, they both work.

Thresh

See you folks can't read, so it's no wonder you can't cipher CTE. I never said I didn't know how power transmission works, I said I don't take the transmission apart to use my truck. And case in point, my truck has an automatic transmission, it's a newer way of power transmission,,,,,,, somewhat like CTE is a newer way of aiming than say ghost ball, and yet, they both work.
Yes, clearly I don't have the ability to read...

I was sending you a video demonstrating how something as complex as a transmission could easily be explained almost 90 years ago. The basic principles are the same, physics hasn't changed, it's still mostly levers.

CTE on the other hand, makes wild claims, was never supposed to be, yadda yadda. I'm an electrical engineer, I don't have any issue with reading and understanding complex ideas. I even download Dr. Dave's proofs and read the data and look at the math used to reach his conclusions.

The fact that CTE cannot even be simply explained, explains it all

Dan has done video analysis of Morht's (spelling?) and very quickly pointed out that he was not actually repeating the same shit but was in fact making adjustments.

I find CTE is nothing more than a pre shot routine that gets you in the ballpark of the shot line. You need to make final adjustments based on experience to make the ball.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find CTE is nothing more than a pre shot routine that gets you in the ballpark of the shot line. You need to make final adjustments based on experience to make the ball.
No, actually you don't even have to look at the object ball, or pocket, once you approach the cue ball, so I can't imagine what you would make an adjustment to. I have learned not to take much of anything related to CTE on Dan's word.