CTE Testimonials

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
A majority of these testimonials are from this Facebook Group for CTE Aiming. It is private so you might need to join to comment or view.

From a Facebook thread, instructor Bob Nunley.

This was just posted by one of my students. This gentleman came to me about 11 days ago and was pretty much a beginner pool player. Feedback like this makes it worth 20 years of teaching pool. With this much progress in 11 days, I can’t wait to see how he’s doing in 1 month, 2 months, 6 months!!!

“Wanted to share some good news.

When I first started practicing on July 10 (the day after I got my table), I started testing myself every week.

The benchmark test was just tossing 15 balls randomly on the table with ball in hand on the first shot only and seeing how many I could run before I missed.

I do this 10 times and then take my average over the 10 tables.

Here were my results from the past few weeks:
July 10 - 1.2 balls average, high run 3 balls
July 17 - 1.5 balls average, high run 3 balls
July 24 - 1.1 balls average, high run 3 balls

I skipped July 31st. I had just got back the day before from spending the day with Bob.

Well, today I ran the test again.

And the results speak for themselves...

August 8 - 2.8 balls average, high runs 7 balls, 5 balls, 4 balls

Pretty dramatic difference so far.

And I've just made it through both 15*s and both 30*s with both Basic CTE and Pro One.

I can hit most 45*s, so I think I can get that down pretty quick.

Bob didn't go deep into anything about English, but he did help me hone in my speed control.

I think that's helping me move the cue ball around the table much more efficiently.

And when I practice just playing by feel, I've noticed more of my shots are going in.

Now that I'm getting better at seeing the perspectives, my brain is getting better at dialing them in subconsciously.

It's pretty cool to get into full stance and know that something doesn't look right, so you reset and make the shot.

The training with Bob was worth the two and a half hour drive and every penny.

Thanks for all your help, Bob.

I feel like you taught me the real secrets of playing pool at a high level with CTE Pro One.

I can't wait to see where it will take me.

Pool is really starting to get fun now.”

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
From Facebook.

Played a small local 10 player tournament using exclusive CTE only aiming Sunday , even the straight in’s 15O. Felt the money on the way home . I’m back to same or better level in 2-3 months using a crazy different offset position in Px full stance . Only upside from here .

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
CTE is a tool for Aiming, like any tool you do not become expert first time your try it.

Unlike be a doctor. First time you watch, second time you do on own, third time your teach another want to be doctor.🐂💩

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE is a tool for Aiming, like any tool you do not become expert first time your try it.

Unlike be a doctor. First time you watch, second time you do on own, third time your teach another want to be doctor.🐂💩
And when a teacher teaches good information to a student and the student puts that knowledge to work, he does things better

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bob Nunley

I'm going to tell you something I told Stan not long ago. For those that don't know me, I started Pivot Aiming in the late 90's under the long distance guidance of Hal Houle, and progressed to learning the greatest aiming system in the history of this game from Stan. I owned a pool room for many years and that took me away from playing as much pool as I would have liked, so my game suffered, even though I continued to help others with their games.
A few weeks ago, I started a hard core daily workout, both pool and physical, to work on getting my game and my CTE Pro One proficiency back to where it should be... or beyond where it was. A couple of weeks into this, I found myself HEAVILY favoring Basic CTE. By "Heavily", I mean I was using it on most of my shots outside of practice. Stan assured me this was normal, but honestly, it concerned me, since I considered myself VERY proficient with DP. I trusted Stan and put my worries aside and continued with my cycled training on known shots. Well, today, I played the ghost and even though I tried to remain focused, I noticed that I was cycling in play... but not so heavily relying on Basic CTE. Without videoing and counting, I'm just guessing, but I'd say well over 80% (maybe 90%) of my shots were DP. I still like Basic CTE on very long Straight shots (table length on a 9' table) and extremely thin cuts and if I get on a rail or have a "mid length" straight shot, I'm Pro One, all the way... I can just see those better... Banks, I'm mostly Pro One, but occasionally shoot one with DP and rarely use Basic CTE on banks... there are rare exceptions. I never use Half Ball Pivot outside of practice. Just not for me!!!
I have 2 points here:
  1. No matter how long you've been using CTE, or what level of learning or proficiency you are at, if something happens that concerns you and Stan says "Don't worry, it's a natural progression", TRUST HIM!!! After 10 years of knowing him, I'm beginning to think he might know a thing or two!
    🙂
  2. Cycled training is important!!! VERY IMPORTANT! It teaches you to naturally use ALL the tools that CTE Pro One makes available to you. Once you learn to do that, this game just gets easier and easier!
Once again, even though I've been doing this and teaching this for quite some time, I can't thank Stan Shuffett enough for what he's done, not just for pool in general, but for me personally.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bob Nunley

Well, I'm halfway through my Morning Workout, which, today, is the Quarter Around from Page 404 of the book... Just finished from the right side of the table, now going to start the left side of the table after a cup of coffee.
So, me taking a break means you have to read my rambling!!! So, I was thinking this morning while shooting these shots about something that Stevie "The Blade" Moore told me about Pro One when I was fairly new to it in 2012. We were at the Southern Classic in Tunica, MS and hitting a few balls to warm up. He said, "Bob, Pro One is like CHEATING..." and ya know, he's right. Pro One won a lot of tournaments and matchups for me over the years, but today, I had to take it little farther.
Yes, Pro One is like Cheating... it's like making the pockets huge for yourself but tightening them up when your opponent walks to the table.
Basic CTE is like Cheating... man, this stuff is DEADLY. It's like playing poker with a marked deck that only you know how to read!!!
Disguised Pivoting??? Yep, it's like cheating too... On a WHOLE new level. Disguised pivoting is like taking a handgun to a wrestling match. There is just no way to describe it until you experience it, but you must master Basic CTE and Pro One first!!! (My opinion, Senor Stan may tell you otherwise, so listen to him if he does)
I use ALL THREE methods during a game and I think it's VERY important to learn all three... to master all three!!! To do that, you MUST have a GOOD understanding of Gearing and Stepping. Once you really understand the importance of those processes, this becomes easy. Drills are no longer boring, they're FUN!
One final note... if you don't have Stans Book, GET IT! I've been using CTE in one form or another since 1998 when I first talked to Hal, and this book, in my humble opinion, is an absolute necessity if you want to master CTE Pro One. My book sits on a pub table along with my "workout notebook" just 8 feet away from my table. I read it constantly, I reference it constantly... It contains EVERYTHING you need to take your game to a SCARY level! Well, everything but the blood, sweat and tears... you have to provide those!
Well, I've about finished that cup of coffee, so back to the Quarter Around.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From a top professional player who acknowledges his use of CTE PRO ONE (Center-to-Edge Aiming):

Hi Mr. Shuffett, I’m Stephan Cohen from France, Former World Straight Pool Champion in 2009 against Mika Immonen. My high run is 431 balls and I’m using now for five years your CTE system. It is just to say to people it (CTE) works near to perfection. I changed all my game for it and I have no regrets!!! Also I wanted to say thanks to my mentor Danny DiLiberto. He is the same way as you as he loves to share knowledge. I do as well now. I’m one of your ambassadors from all around the world.”

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
  • “Truth of the matter is Stan Shuffett is the one and only guy who has Center-to-Edge Aiming right. It’s a great system and I’ve been using Center-to-Edge Aiming since I was 18 and I’d never aim any other way.”—Pro Player Tyler Styer

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
From Facebook:

Said to Stan.
"I appreciate you and your hard work in what you have created over the years. I have benefited a lot from CTE Pro One in my journey to become a solid high level player. Thank you!!" - Jamie Carnell

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Pat, no one NEEDS to tell you HOW cte works just like you don't need to know HOW a real estate app works. You just need to know that it does work and gets you the information you need.

The testimonials I am posting are from people who are USING the CTE objective aiming tool to enjoy their pool playing experience.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pat, no one NEEDS to tell you HOW cte works just like you don't need to know HOW a real estate app works. You just need to know that it does work and gets you the information you need.

The testimonials I am posting are from people who are USING the CTE objective aiming tool to enjoy their pool playing experience.
John, I definitely don't want to get into a debate about CTE, and I am perfectly fine with the aiming method that I use. But wouldn't even an amateur player want to know how a system worked, before they devoted time to it?

I saw JBAR make a post on Facebook a couple weeks ago that talked about the aiming method of measuring 1 1/8 inches off the contact point to determine where to hit the ball. I understood how that worked.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
So you agree it's nothing but promotions.

pj
chgo
Nope, I say that someone is teaching something that works. That simple. You demand information and nothing anyone says in service to those demands is satisfactory so all we are left with is CTE is not for you. Don't know why, maybe you have some condition where the instructions don't gel for you. Some people are too logical to let go. I mean I was like WTF Hal when he was telling me how to aim in a non-traditional and counterintuitive way. But I emptied my cup so to speak and started pocketing balls consistently and cleanly. I was pocketing shots that had always given me fits in competition despite brute force (HAMB) repetition in practice.

So honestly I didn't and don't need to know the math, or the psychology, or whether my subconscious is leaping in to take me from the conscious application of the steps to the correct shot line. I don't need to know because I can follow the directions and the results are what I want to them to be. That makes me happy when I play. That's all I need out of Center to Edge aiming or any other aiming system.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John, I definitely don't want to get into a debate about CTE, and I am perfectly fine with the aiming method that I use. But wouldn't even an amateur player want to know how a system worked, before they devoted time to it?

I saw JBAR make a post on Facebook a couple weeks ago that talked about the aiming method of measuring 1 1/8 inches off the contact point to determine where to hit the ball. I understood how that worked.
If a person has an objective way to measure 1.125" off the contact "area" that consistently puts them over the exact ghost ball center and they are happy with that then they should use it. I, for example, would use it quite a lot and still use CTE and have that much stronger of a surety that the aim was precise.

To answer your specific question my answer is no. An amateur doesn't know that any aiming works or HOW it works in real life until they use it on the table. We all know how ghostball is supposed to work based on 2d drawings. The concept is clear. However players struggle A LOT with precision when using Ghost Ball. So if someone comes along with a method and says do x,y,z and you will be on the aiming line and you find that it works better than anything else you tried why would you need to know why exactly it works better in order to get the practical benefit from it?

For some folks who want to get into the mechanics of a thing then it can matter to them. And as has been discussed in a couple other threads there are people who have gotten into the mechanics and devised variations on the various objective aiming methods that are out there.

Let's take Poolology, Brian has zero need to tell anyone about inscribed angle theorem for a person to learn the steps to using his aiming method. For some people it might even confuse them. When I buy a car I am looking for specific characteristics. If the salesman spends a lot of time telling me the esoteric inner workings of the engine I zone out. I have a practical need and I am looking for a practical solution.

Stan has been called a snake-oil salesman by Lou, by Dan, by Pat, By Joey, By Boxcar, By Straightline, and by several others. I am sorry but you don't make two DVDs, hundreds of videos, and write a 400 page book on the subject of ONE aiming method trying to get rich in the pool industry. I can help anyone get rich/richer in the pool industry for a lot less effort than that and with a far higher rate of success. At this point we should at least all be able to agree that this is a valid and practical way to aim that plenty of people are demonstrating it proficiently enough to say it works.

And with that anyone who wants to know HOW it works to a level that is satisfactory to them but has not been delivered should simply move on instead of harassing those who want to explore it. This is honestly and truly ridiculous that these people spend their days stalking this forum to knock. I created this thread to simply post testimonials from people who are using it and happy with the results. The knockers don't need to post. Yet here they are.

I feel that any amateur who wants to spend time with anything that interests them should do so and if they feel that they wasted their time they can provide a testimonial as to why if they want to. Lacking hard data all we really have is anecdotes and demonstrations to inform those who might be interested. I think all honest experiences should be welcome. For all I know there might be some amateurs who feel that it was a waste and someone might read what they wrote and and give them a piece of advice that makes it click. All of this is exploration Mike in service to helping people play better pool.

I can tell you that objective and pivot aiming methods were around in the 60s/70s/80s/90s before they exploded into the 2000s and 2010s propelled by the internet. A top player in the 70s wrote a whole manuscript on one of them that I can't share yet but it just added in another piece of the puzzle for me on this subject. If that player showed me three steps and it put me on the shot line every time then I would thank him and use what I learned. I would not feel the slightest bit of need to grill him on the geometry, calculus, or any other nuts/bolts questions in order to benefit immediately from the information.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Not around here they're not. All we get here are endless, empty "testimonials" like this one (and vitriol when called on it). Where's the discussion?

pj
chgo
A testimonial to the practicality of something is not empty. The discussion has been had and will continue to be had. You will stick to your points and those who don't share your predilections for minutiae will ignore you and learn what they want to learn.