Cue deal problem.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, advice needed. I sold a cue last week to a guy on here. He asks a bunch of questions about it, specs and stuff I answer them the best i know how. I drop the price a 100 and he PP's the money. No problems, right?
He gets the cue today and texts me a few hours later saying "got the cue, everything looks fine, however its so much different than i am used to. I don't think i'll like it. Do you accept returns? I will cover shipping both ways."
So i text him back and say Glad everything is fine, But i don't feel right about offering a return. I appreciate you offering shipping both ways. You should have asked if that was ok before we completed the transaction. Sorry.
Probably not the best reaction on my part but i was at the dentist and not right.

Well he texts me back and says "I thought i was being fair, but. Well no biggie. Thanks for the deal anyway."

I get home a hour later and he has disputed the PP transaction. Says in the dispute, Wasn't as described, wasn't weight forward and deflection isn't what was said.
The cue is a Meucci with the new pro low deflection shafts and ferrules. It is weight forward.

So, You buy a cue, there is nothing wrong with it. You decide you don't think you will like it. Should you get your money back? Is this normal selling cues on here? Any advice?

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have him ship it back and return his money. An unhappy customer is a unhappy customer. Better to save your rep and treat the guy fairly then to argue over something like this. He's covering shipping both ways so your out nothing other than some time. Let him return it and move on.

Have him ship it back and return his money. An unhappy customer is a unhappy customer. Better to save your rep and treat the guy fairly then to argue over something like this. He's covering shipping both ways so your out nothing other than some time. Let him return it and move on.

I agree with the above. Best to put it behind you. Of course now that he's opened a paypal case, you cannot accept return til they resolve it.

It's a pretty shady move by the buyer. You didn't promise him a cue he'd love shooting with, just one as described. Guy should just take it upon himself to resell it.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with the above. Best to put it behind you. Of course now that he's opened a paypal case, you cannot accept return til they resolve it.

It's a pretty shady move by the buyer. You didn't promise him a cue he'd love shooting with, just one as described. Guy should just take it upon himself to resell it.
Yeah, that was my problem.

I just sent him the PP dispute offer to return it. I didn't know what was right in this case as there was nothing wrong with the cue and he just didn't like it. Good luck to future sellers and there goes my 25.00 profit...lol. Just hope I get it back the same way i sent it.
I ship 400-500 dollar orders all the time from my website and have only had 1 return in 14 years. The lady didn't quite understand what she was buying.. I refunded immediately, no questions asked and I even covered shipping. I've never had a PP dispute filed.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Name start with a J?

And I wouldn't of taken a return if you described the cue correctly unless I was a cue dealer. Believe you are a dealer, which means making customers happy is important. I'll happily take a cue back if it wasn't as described.

Last edited:

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
I personally would be fighting this until it gets crazy. I can't stand people without personal responsibility, it's like the person who takes up a full driving lane while waiting to sneak into a turning lane. Go drive to the next light and turn around, you're not that important.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope the cue is in the same condition as when you shipped it should you decide to allow its return & refund

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stuff happens. Take the cue back.. You can resell it . Just part of doing biz online. Happens to Amazon all day long.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already told him i would give him a full refund if he ships it back insured in the same condition as he got it. He's supposed to send it tomorrow. I'm eating my shipping that he said he would pay for but if he wants to crawfish on that too i'd rather get the cue back quickly instead of challenging his dispute. But i won't bend further or tolerate any funny business no matter what.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
So, advice needed. I sold a cue last week to a guy on here. He asks a bunch of questions about it, specs and stuff I answer them the best i know how. I drop the price a 100 and he PP's the money. No problems, right?
He gets the cue today and texts me a few hours later saying "got the cue, everything looks fine, however its so much different than i am used to. I don't think i'll like it. Do you accept returns? I will cover shipping both ways."
So i text him back and say Glad everything is fine, But i don't feel right about offering a return. I appreciate you offering shipping both ways. You should have asked if that was ok before we completed the transaction. Sorry.
Probably not the best reaction on my part but i was at the dentist and not right.

Well he texts me back and says "I thought i was being fair, but. Well no biggie. Thanks for the deal anyway."

I get home a hour later and he has disputed the PP transaction. Says in the dispute, Wasn't as described, wasn't weight forward and deflection isn't what was said.
The cue is a Meucci with the new pro low deflection shafts and ferrules. It is weight forward.

So, You buy a cue, there is nothing wrong with it. You decide you don't think you will like it. Should you get your money back? Is this normal selling cues on here? Any advice?

You just found out why it's better to have a reasonable return policy. It saves this sort of conflict. People buy cues sight unseen and they sometimes just don't like them or they find defects you didn't notice or think important.

My policy is, after a reasonable inspection period like 3 days, return for any reason at buyers expense for a refund. You might get one or two cues back out of 20 but people are grateful not to be stuck with a cue they don't like. I've had maybe 4 or 5 returned out of several hundred sold over the years.

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Returning a cue you bought online because you don't like it? Especially a Meucci...? Of course you're not gonna like it, but you bought it so you're stuck with it. (The buyer not the OP) idk I think that's ridiculous, as long as you get what you pay for then fair is fair. Super shady of him to open an PP dispute.

HaroldWilson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Would do the same.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
So, You buy a cue, there is nothing wrong with it. You decide you don't think you will like it. Should you get your money back?

When you buy a cue from a private party, unless the seller states that they accept returns for any reason or in the event that you just don't like it, then there are no returns unless the the item was not as described. And if it is not as described, not only must the seller accept the return the seller needs to pay the shipping both ways as well.

Everybody knows this. You already knew it, the buyer knows it, and so does everybody else. Sure you can go ahead and accept a return anyway out of the goodness of your heart if you decided to for some reason (and the buyer should pay shipping both ways if you do) but you certainly don't have any obligation whatsoever to do so.

We only have one side of the story but if things happened the way you say they did the buyer is way past being out of line by disputing with paypal. It is just plain fraudulent on their part and they are scamming. They should be outed and named because a large portion of the rest of us wouldn't want to deal with them and risk going through this type of nightmare with them either.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Set a policy before any sale. Use this as a learning experience. Selling a cue is a hassle.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Set a policy before any sale. Use this as a learning experience. Selling a cue is a hassle.

There already is a policy. The policy with private sellers selling anything anywhere is that unless otherwise stated the sale is final unless the item was misrepresented.