cue maker question

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
agreed to have a cue made, they told me a couple of weeks ( simple sneaky style) been two months, whats the deal? what do I do. at this point I don't want the cue any more

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
agreed to have a cue made, they told me a couple of weeks ( simple sneaky style) been two months, whats the deal? what do I do. at this point I don't want the cue any more

Who is "they"?

A company or an individual cue maker?

Are they unable to make it because of the virus situation?

Why don't you want the cue any more?

Did you pay money up front already?

If so, what percentage?

You ask a question but give no details.

How can anyone answer?

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 months for a custom cue? Good grief, how can you stand the wait?!

:grin:

Yep,
I handed a cue builder a semi finished butt and 3 shaft blanks about 2 years ago.

Scheduled to be finished between July & Sept.

Knew this going in.
Patience

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Two weeks sound unrealistic. JMHO

Unless they had some to be sold & shipped.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’re getting quoted for 2 months?

I was quoted 8-12 months for mine of course different builder. Is that long?

I may just buy used.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
You’re getting quoted for 2 months?

I was quoted 8-12 months for mine. Is that long?

Southwest is like 13 - 15 years behind, free to get on their list, could get called in 13 - 15 years.

I went on list in 20005, should get call in 2022. Long wait for Merry Widow.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call the maker and tell them that you want your money back.

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
BBB is paid by business owners to defend them from consumer complaints. Don’t waste your time reporting anything. I know it’s easy to post reviews when you are unhappy, but it’s much more important to post about positive experiences. There are a lot of people on this site that I have dealt with or would be glad to deal with, the bad ones seem to get exposed unless people are trying to protect their investment.

JC

Coos Cues
BBB is paid by business owners to defend them from consumer complaints. Don’t waste your time reporting anything. I know it’s easy to post reviews when you are unhappy, but it’s much more important to post about positive experiences. There are a lot of people on this site that I have dealt with or would be glad to deal with, the bad ones seem to get exposed unless people are trying to protect their investment.

Sorry if you didn't catch my sarcasm.

Only a hall monitor type would say something like that seriously.

The BBB is a joke I thought everyone knew.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if they cant perform to the timetable you both agreed upon you have the right to cancel the order for a full refund.

however many cue makers work out of their house and are totally unreliable, and dont do refunds as they have already spent the money. then you are basically out of luck on the refund and can only wait and hope you get anything back.
call once and ask whats up and leave it at that. if he doesnt perform then get on here and out him so others dont get taken.

and if you put more than a small deposit then you may get to learn a lesson on who to deal with.

Last edited: