Cue possibly lost in (or before) transit?

15cherries

15cherries
Silver Member
All Red???

Can someone please explain how a seller can have 6 itrader's and 100% positive and be all red reps? He has a schon and some shafts for sale and someone else is surely going to get screwed.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone please explain how a seller can have 6 itrader's and 100% positive and be all red reps? He has a schon and some shafts for sale and someone else is surely going to get screwed.

Rep and a members iTrader rating are separate and distinct, unrelated. Rep is given for almost any reason, good and bad. iTrader is a rating system used to report on the experience of a buy/sale/trade.

Jay

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made a deal with him, we agreed on price, but he backed out in last minute. He wanted me to paypal as gift, but I said I would rather cover the fees. In his last mail he said he had to think about it again because he had not done overseas shipping before. I offered to explain in detail how to progress. I don't think it is right to back out of a deal after there is an agreement on price, but I somehow accepted he was not comfortable with the shipping. Maybe I should have left an I-trader, but I decided not to do so.

-Jon Birger

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
each person sending a package is responsible for his package to get there.
The shipping agency whether it be USPS, UPS, FedEx...etc is where the responsibility lies, once the package is handed over to them. The only credit the sender can take is getting it to them, and packaging. If the responsibility fell on the senders shoulders even after package was sent there would be a lot more people hand delivering everything. Thats what insurance is for and I have found that 99% of the time when I send a cue overseas the buyer specifically requests a minimal declared value. Heres a good example, I sent two cues back to a cuemaker for a refinish a few years ago and insured them for between $8K and $10K. Now if the post office told me "hey this is still on you if we lose them" I would have said thanks anyway ill drive them myself.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Haha, Xander the Salmander tried to Red me. It came up as a whimpy Blue.

Hey, even tho he was a tad more nasty in his last PM to me, I tried to reason with him and told him what he should do to make it proper.

I take it that the Mezz cue that he is selling is the OPs cue that he received in trade?

He told me that I was just an Internet tough guy and that I should come over to his house. I never said anything to him that could be misconstrued as a threat. If I were closer I might take him up on it but it would cut into my fishing time and I can't allow that.

Like I said, I just asked him nicely to do the right thing. I said that if he was broke and needed groceries, just say so and I would send him a 50 if he made it right and quit trying to rip members off.

For the Ops sake, I hope he sees the light.

Last edited:

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
He won't. He's a loser. Tells everyone the same thing. It'll catch up with him soon.

This was my last shot at him. Lol.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403957590.595751.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403957652.051816.jpg

mark187

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another victim in another thread- sound familiar?

[quote name="Trade?WYG?" post=4752093]All of those great deals come from a purchase. Put one up for sale and see if you are offered that same great deal.[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
<br />
Trade?wyg? Aka Daniel McMillan, Cel Sandoval aka ElTejano Outlaw on Facebook is looking for you he made a Post on Open Billboards Market about you and Shane Noel Azb name Xander2882 both. He said you shafted him on a trade you both did for a jump break cue. He sent you his item and got none in return then you told him the package got lost but you never provide any tracking information and all after a sudden you went MIA. <br />
Disappearing here and claim to be under the radar not gonna disguise you. Before you jump into people's fight you need to give the guy what is promised to him or at the least his cue back!! <br />
How you like that now? If you had just kept yourself to yourself I wouldn't have spilled the beans.<br />
<br />
You should mention how you tried to low ball me on Facebook. And just because I did not entertained it you got mad. <br />
I have proof if needed..<br/>

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Caveat Emptor

To paraphrase a recommendation from our late friend Kevin Brewer, always use PayPal for these online transactions and always use a credit card as the method of funding so that your credit card company will reverse the charges when there is a problem.

If the other party insists on transferring money as a "Gift" offer to pay the PayPal fee. If this is unacceptable to the other party, I would be hesitant to proceed.

In addition, it is always a good idea to use an escrow service. Ones are listed as part of the sticky notes on the top of the Wanted/For Sale Forum and I know that Scot at Proficient Billiards also offers an escrow service. It is inexpensive and also acts as a test of the other party to the transaction. If the other party is not willing use an escrow service, walk away. When it is a trade, always use an escrow service. When it is a trade, always use an escrow service. When it is a trade, always use an escrow service.

iTrader is a measure of the veracity, honesty, etc. of the other party, but sometimes otherwise good people go bad for various reasons.

It is also a good idea to create some sort of dialog with the other party to get a feel for the personality of the person in whom you want to place your trust. Are they forthcoming with information? Do they offer to send pictures? Do they offer to ship immediately? Are they familiar to others you may know or are acquainted? Or do they offer vague information, are short in their responses, avoid questions, or are rude? Those are all warning signs.

Bottom line, 90% of what is being traded and sold here is a duplication of something else; these are manufactured products. Yes some are customs, one-offs, or low production and/or a bit rare, but regardless, in time something identical or comparable will become available. There is no reason to be in a rush.

I feel bad for iksnorm. This shouldn't have happened and unfortunately is a reflection on this forum and his perception of the pool playing community here in the U.S.

Jay

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
General advice for no one specific

Im not a cue guy but imho stop the nonsense and get yourself to the BCA shindig if you are on the W coast or the SBE if you are on the East Coast. I cant imagine 90% of people cant find something they are very happy with there.

If you are stuck in Kansas and want a good production cue, see a dealer. I told one. If you can get me this here cue and it comes in straight and perfect, I will buy it from you for X. If not sell it to someone else or return it because i dont want it. He told his supplier you better double check this cue or it's coming back as my customer wont take less than perfect. It came in perfect and i still have it.

If you are in any other category, i cant help you.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you deal with reputable sellers, you don't need to go to a cue show, especially if you want to get a custom cue from the secondary market instead of just some new production cue out of a catalog.

There are great sellers on Az and these dealers are all stand up people and doing business with them is risk-free in my opinion. The secondary resale market exists because there's a need for it and you just have to have your wits about you.

iffysam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys! Just wanting to see if anyone else has had the same experience? Comments and suggestions are welcome too.

Ok Ive just recently completed a trade with a seemingly nice and honest guy from the US ( Im from New Zealand). This is my first very trade - overseas or otherwise. Short version is my cue turned up at his door on the time frame expected, but his cue hasn't arrived yet. In fact, the USPS tracking has no information for it yet. I got sent a photo of the USPS label/form with the tracking number and thats all Ive got. The date on it is 06/10/2014.

My first question is it normal for USPS tracked items to not have any tracking info for 13 days now? Thought an item is scanned when its dropped off at the post office?

Moving on, I tried to track the parcel on the first week by contacting the local post here but no luck. I was told that the parcel is either not in the country yet or possibly not sent yet based on the tracking info, how convenient I can do that myself cant it? Anyway, I then went to the other guy/sender to ask for help. He said he had contacted the local post office and that the lady was sure it went out however unsure why the tracking wasnt working. He then also contacted USPS who advised they will try to call back in 2 days, who then called back to say they are not sure what to do. Right!

Question no 2: Would you expect and answer like that from USPS support???

At this point no one knows where my parcel is and theres little to no evidence that its moving (if indeed sent). Not sure what to do.

Thanks.

hey mate, are you in AKL?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you deal with reputable sellers, you don't need to go to a cue show, especially if you want to get a custom cue from the secondary market instead of just some new production cue out of a catalog.

There are great sellers on Az and these dealers are all stand up people and doing business with them is risk-free in my opinion. The secondary resale market exists because there's a need for it and you just have to have your wits about you.

Only thing is you are reputable right up to the millisecond you are not. Who was that azb design cue guy? Bill something. Also the shows have plenty of secondary market custom cues. Plenty. Tracy Joe Salazar, Cornerstone etc

But it's not just the trust factor, it's the lost factor, the warped factor, the damaged factor, the Customs seizure factor.

Just gave my advice on as sure a thing as possible, Y'all can roll the dice all you want.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Just wanted to bump this topic. This guy should be BANNED, NOT JUST RED REP'D!!!!!

Complete thief.

Shane Noel

Xander2822

Have a SAFE and happy 4th of july!

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the person shipping the package is responsible for it getting to you. if it doesnt he needs to give money back or find where it went and get it to you. it may be the p.o. fault or u.p.s. or whatever but the shipper of the package is responsible if it is lost to the seller. the buyer has no liability for a lost package or damaged item. or a shaft warped in transit.

if you dont know the seller never pay in advance without having called him personally on his phone. and have a valid address where he lives that you can check out. and a reference from someone you know is valid and reliable unless he is a person who has a business with a good reputation.. or just dont do the deal.
or dont complain when you get ripped off,expect it.