Cue Sealer You've Bought Which Is Safe To Ship Internationally?

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Hi all,

My sealer has finished. Currently looking for a new affordable sealer. Anyone of you here ever ship sealer internationally by air? Previously I purchased a cue sealer from Unique but it got confiscated as it has flammable content in it.

Please help. :(

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
No idea Bud as Hightower announced that he wouldn't be shipping his sealer, (my favorite), out of the USA any longer.

Zinser Bullseye perhaps.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
No idea Bud as Hightower announced that he wouldn't be shipping his sealer, (my favorite), out of the USA any longer.

Zinser Bullseye perhaps.

I checked with Joe from CC and he said his Speed Sealer II is safe to ship. I was happy for a moment until I saw he ended his sentence with, "but it might still get confiscated by customs".

Is Darcy based in US or Canada? I remember he has a Speed Sealer II too.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Darcy is in Canada but I don't know what he would have for you.

Thats why I suggested Zinser Bullseye.

Its available in North America. You should have no problem getting that shipped to you.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Darcy is in Canada but I don't know what he would have for you.

Thats why I suggested Zinser Bullseye.

Its available in North America. You should have no problem getting that shipped to you.

I'll check with Zinser Bullseye. I'll google later.

The thing is if Darcy is able to get Speed Seal II from Joe, it should be shipped by plane I guess so I should be able to get it as well. Just don't know whether my country's custom side would confiscate it or not. :(

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Sealer

I use shellac, It is biodegradable and it also can be consumed by humans.

On of the safest finishes that can be used on wooden toys for young children and infants.

And it should easy to find in any country.

50/50 mix denatured alcohol and shellac, apply 6 or 7 coats and use a gray scratch pad to buff the finish, then wax with a hard carnauba car wax and buff.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
I use shellac, It is biodegradable and it also can be consumed by humans.

On of the safest finishes that can be used on wooden toys for young children and infants.

And it should easy to find in any country.

50/50 mix denatured alcohol and shellac, apply 6 or 7 coats and use a gray scratch pad to buff the finish, then wax with a hard carnauba car wax and buff.

What you're recommending is like a own mixture of chemicals? :confused:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Shellac

What you're recommending is like a own mixture of chemicals? :confused:

Yes it is what I have been using for almost ten years on my own cues and on all of the cues I repair...........................

Shellac Is used as a wood finish............ it really is what comes out the south end of the Lac bug headed north. in layman terms its ( bug shit ). and I think the lac bug lives in India and China. And it should be available in every country

And yes I am suggesting you wipe Bug shit all over your shaft...

This is what I was taught to use on cue shafts. it is completely safe and even if you don't like it , it will not harm or damage the shaft on your cue .................................................

You need a small can of shellac and some denatured alcohol.
I will soak part of a paper towel with alcohol and then dip the corner of the paper towel in shellac then apply 6 or 7 coats.
It dries in seconds.

There is nothing wrong with making your own shaft sealer.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Yes it is what I have been using for almost ten years on my own cues and on all of the cues I repair...........................

Shellac Is used as a wood finish............ it really is what comes out the south end of the Lac bug headed north. in layman terms its ( bug shit ). and I think the lac bug lives in India and China. And it should be available in every country

And yes I am suggesting you wipe Bug shit all over your shaft...

This is what I was taught to use on cue shafts. it is completely safe and even if you don't like it , it will not harm or damage the shaft on your cue .................................................

You need a small can of shellac and some denatured alcohol.
I will soak part of a paper towel with alcohol and then dip the corner of the paper towel in shellac then apply 6 or 7 coats.
It dries in seconds.

There is nothing wrong with making your own shaft sealer.

Hmm. Let me check around more before trying your method. I've heard of this Shellac thing in those DIY shops in my country.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use shellac as a primer/sealer whenever I paint wood. Since it is a tree product, it really works well. I thin mine with alcohol. I bet you can get the flakes locally since it comes from your part of the world. Just mix with alcohol, stir and brush on. It is sand-able and tint-able.

I either use Zinser B-I-N or Sherwin Williams brand. It's all the same.

Last edited:

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
I use shellac as a primer/sealer whenever I paint wood. Since it is a tree product, it really works well. I thin mine with alcohol. I bet you can get the flakes locally since it comes from your part of the world. Just mix with alcohol, stir and brush on. It is sand-able and tint-able.

I either use Zinser B-I-N or Sherwin Williams brand. It's all the same.

Thank you. I'll check the local DIY shop and see how much it cost. If Speed Seal II from CC including shipping is cheaper and its allowed, I'll just get from Joe.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I'll check with Zinser Bullseye. I'll google later.

The thing is if Darcy is able to get Speed Seal II from Joe, it should be shipped by plane I guess so I should be able to get it as well. Just don't know whether my country's custom side would confiscate it or not. :(

I use speed seal from cc
It's always made it to me...
I really like it for sealing,
I like the sealer from unique as well, but it dries out and you have to thin it with laquer thinner... That's why I use the speed seal primarily

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
I use speed seal from cc
It's always made it to me...
I really like it for sealing,
I like the sealer from unique as well, but it dries out and you have to thin it with laquer thinner... That's why I use the speed seal primarily

Blue Hog mentioned you're based in Canada. Do you remember how CC shipped it to you? By air right? :confused:

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Blue Hog mentioned you're based in Canada. Do you remember how CC shipped it to you? By air right? :confused:

Ya they ship usps international, I think that's air, could also be ground though.
I'm pretty certain the speed seal is water based so it should be no prob to get

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Ya they ship usps international, I think that's air, could also be ground though.

Thank you so much!!! :thumbup:

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member

It is confirmed. CC's Speed Sealer II is able is safely shipped by air while Hightower's one ain't able to.

The funny thing is he is able to ship to Canada by air with no problems but there's restriction when it comes to my country. Damn. :(.

Minimum order of USD30 vs USD10. No brainer.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
It is confirmed. CC's Speed Sealer II is able is safely shipped by air while Hightower's one ain't able to.

The funny thing is he is able to ship to Canada by air with no problems but there's restriction when it comes to my country. Damn. :(.

Minimum order of USD30 vs USD10. No brainer.

Good stuff

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Accelerators from CC ain't allowed to ship by air. Tiger ones are okay. Luckily this time they confiscated an item which is cheaper.