Cuemaker wont ship my cue

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking the OP is another drama queen, or just plain gullible.

MY PHONE BROKE?

But it's really, really going out this time.

What really pisses me off is he comes on the forum for advice but will not protect the forum from this scumbag. Just does not ad up.

I kind of hope he keeps believing the load of bs.

Over Under 12 months?

When OP catches enough heat here, the cue will show up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Timothy, you could probably pay a lawyer that lives near Dennis to serve him a certified letter and retrieve the cue. Or pay a guy a a couple thousand to just "retrieve it"

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

MY PHONE BROKE?

What really pisses me off is he comes on the forum for advice but will not protect the forum from this scumbag. Just does not ad up.

Over Under 12 months?

you've only been here 2 years I've been here since 2003 and it's NOT unusual for this to happen I've seen lots of bad cue makers,cue sellers,cue repair people take advantage of people here ! So shut the F##k up

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you've only been here 2 years I've been here since 2003 and it's NOT unusual for this to happen I've seen lots of bad cue makers,cue sellers,cue repair people take advantage of people here ! So shut the F##k up
Where did I say it's not unusual to happen? That was my point idiot. You have seniority so you own the place?

Maybe you've been here so long you're too senile to grasp the meaning of a post.

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes thats the main issue, shouldnt have paid him upfront. Thats why he wont do the work since he already got the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of months ago I was emailing a cue maker as I wanted to get a cue and he is right now the most IMO sort after cue maker out their and we got to talking and he was going to make a deal with a upfront price for a cue that would take 6 months but i would have to pay all up front and right away "AS NOW" I asked him why and he said he needed a spindle for his machine and I said so why don't you just buy it you must be loaded with the prices of your cues he said he didn't want to take it out of his banking! Thats when I broke off from.

Trust nobody no matter who you think they are.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
OK, The cuemaker stated on Monday that the cue is done again. It was going out Tuesday. He asked me to text him my address because his old phone broke. I havent received a shipping number so all I can do is hope it went out. Im sure it went out this time because the other 5 times didnt seem to work very well. Either way my faith in the human race has dropped a notched. I will check this off as being my first lesson learned in dealing with the pool cue repair industry. G

I think you owe it to the az community to share who the cuemaker is so that we may hopefully avoid the same aggravating situation you are dealing with.

best,
brian kc

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfair

These anonymous threads are tedious and do more harm than good.

The effect is not that a cuemaker gets called-out or exposed for failing on a promise or simple bad business, the effect is that it lumps cuemakers, both good and bad, together.

The fact is, that there are many many reputable cuemakers who delivery as promised, for the amount agreed-upon, who make-good on any problems, who keep open communication with customers.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These anonymous threads are tedious and do more harm than good.

The effect is not that a cuemaker gets called-out or exposed for failing on a promise or simple bad business, the effect is that it lumps cuemakers, both good and bad, together.

The fact is, that there are many many reputable cuemakers who delivery as promised, for the amount agreed-upon, who make-good on any problems, who keep open communication with customers.

I agree. 107 posts and nothing but a stain on AZ. This thread could have benefited the Op and others. I quit reading it but saw you posted so I took a look. The way this was/is being handled by the OP it belongs in DEAR ABBY! I am embarassed I posted:embarrassed2::boring2:

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose I could have done things differently but I have never been in a position like this so I hate to be a complete A-hole over something that I felt was quite simple. Oh well. The cuemaker I had worked with was Steve Klapp.
Im not coming on AZ to say hes a bad guy, Quite the oposite while on the phone he was nothing but nice. The upsetting thing to me is the way things were handled and getting promises that were never upheld. Im happy to have finally received a shipping number now so I can look forward to getting my cue back.
On a seperate note, I want to say thanks to a gentleman that took the time to help me get things moving along. I dont need to post his name here but Im sure he knows who Im talking about. Thanks for the help. G

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I suppose I could have done things differently but I have never been in a position like this so I hate to be a complete A-hole over something that I felt was quite simple. Oh well. The cuemaker I had worked with was Steve Klapp.
Im not coming on AZ to say hes a bad guy, Quite the oposite while on the phone he was nothing but nice. The upsetting thing to me is the way things were handled and getting promises that were never upheld. Im happy to have finally received a shipping number now so I can look forward to getting my cue back.
On a seperate note, I want to say thanks to a gentleman that took the time to help me get things moving along. I dont need to post his name here but Im sure he knows who Im talking about. Thanks for the help. G

If starting this thread helped get your cue then it was a positive action. Nothing will change on the cue makers end but people will know what to expect when dealing with S.K. Hope your cue came out to your liking.

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't see why all you guys keep giving chances to these cuemakers with damaged reps and questionable ethics. If you look these guys up, there is story after story of problems.

Do yourself a favor, order and buy from the ones that are worth a damn and give a shit about you being their customer. They aren't too hard to find. There are plenty of them in this industry. And quit rewarding the douchebags!

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course no one says anything.

People here are predictable and greedy as hell. They'll jump down the throats of the Varneys and the Wheats of the world. But Dennis?!? THE Dennis Searing?!?! When it comes to someone like that, they all think: "No way man!!! I'm not saying sh!t!!! I'm on that list and I want to get MY cue someday!"

Timothy's thread is almost a year old and he STILL doesn't have his cue back OR his $9k? That's ridiculous.

I agree..
I got on "THE LIST" 9 years ago, and was told I would get a call in 5 years..
Just call me MR. BLUE Lmfao...

Reactions: mia

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see why all you guys keep giving chances to these cuemakers with damaged reps and questionable ethics. If you look these guys up, there is story after story of problems.

Do yourself a favor, order and buy from the ones that are worth a damn and give a shit about you being their customer. They aren't too hard to find. There are plenty of them in this industry. And quit rewarding the douchebags!

A lot of people don't want to hurt the price of their cues that have been made by a cuemaker who won't stand behind their word. They are afraid it will hurt the resale value of their cues and they are right as far as I'm concerned because like this incident and the Searing deal I will not own one if its given to me. If a man cant stand behind what he says within reason (excluding some unknown occurance) I am not going to support him by playing with his cue.

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree..
I got on "THE LIST" 9 years ago, and was told I would get a call in 5 years..
Just call me MR. BLUE Lmfao...

I think I got on the list 10 years ago. Got the email from Dennis himself. Even then I was almost certain I'd never see that cue. lol

Good thing too. Ten years later, I could give a rat's ass about his cues.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I got on the list 10 years ago. Got the email from Dennis himself. Even then I was almost certain I'd never see that cue. lol

Good thing too. Ten years later, I could give a rat's ass about his cues.

I feel the same way.. Not interested..
I can't believe how patient Timothy is.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

MY PHONE BROKE?

Over Under 12 months?

Makes you wonder if he has a split personality and it is all just going on in his head. His excuses for not posting the guy's name sound a lot like the excuses the guy uses for not sending the cue. Coincidence? Maybe not.