Cyclop Balls

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The balls play decent with the Aramith cue ball. The cue ball that comes with the set is not that great, in my opinion.

I do wonder though why anyone felt the need to change. The Aramith balls play great and are tried and tested, so why not just stick with a known product that works well? If as i heard it was just for money then that doesn't show much respect to all the players that come to play.

I believe Aramith pulled their sponsorship of the BCA and US Open Events. Cyclop stepped up. I don't see any issue with change so long as the change is better. So far, these balls have gotten great reviews from the players; less skidding and they stay cleaner longer.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Aramith pulled their sponsorship of the BCA and US Open Events. Cyclop stepped up. I don't see any issue with change so long as the change is better. So far, these balls have gotten great reviews from the players; less skidding and they stay cleaner longer.

i'm all for new things, progress, better things etc. Change is good. However one thing I cant fade is the color(s). Somethings I dont like change in or new. and with the 1000000000's of hours i have watched pool balls-playing, sweating, online etc I like my traditional colors. I hope they offer traditional colors and the new colors for people who like them.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'm all for new things, progress, better things etc. Change is good. However one thing I cant fade is the color(s). Somethings I dont like change in or new. and with the 1000000000's of hours i have watched pool balls-playing, sweating, online etc I like my traditional colors. I hope they offer traditional colors and the new colors for people who like them.

I hear where you are coming from. The colors really don't bother me. Then again, I play with an Aramith TV Set at home so I may not be a "pure" traditionalist. I like the baby blue 7 & 15 but I'm still on the fence on the 6 & 14. I do like the font though.

bstroud

Deceased
I played 14 hours with the Cyclop ball and liked them very much.

They are much harder and don't stick together like the Aramith balls.

The cue ball with the set plays well also.

The colors are actually easier to play with.

I grew up with the original Centennials and think these balls play very much the same.

The cut angle to the pocket is very accurate and the balls do not turn over as much.

I am buying a set as soon as possible.

Bill S.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The balls play decent with the Aramith cue ball. The cue ball that comes with the set is not that great, in my opinion.

I do wonder though why anyone felt the need to change. The Aramith balls play great and are tried and tested, so why not just stick with a known product that works well? If as i heard it was just for money then that doesn't show much respect to all the players that come to play.

Sometimes, business based decisions need to be made when a company is unresponsive to customer inquires and requests, IMO. Sometimes, a company, when it believes there are no other options, gets too big for its britches, IMO. Sometimes, companies like that get surprised, IMO.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

From what I have heard, just personally, there was no pulling of anything.

Lou Figueroa

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member

And I believe that would be good business for the company. ///////I hate the new colors. Johnnyt

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
How are they in regards to "pocket marks" when used on a Diamond ... does anyone know?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I played 14 hours with the Cyclop ball and liked them very much.

They are much harder and don't stick together like the Aramith balls.

The cue ball with the set plays well also.

The colors are actually easier to play with.

I grew up with the original Centennials and think these balls play very much the same.

The cut angle to the pocket is very accurate and the balls do not turn over as much.

I am buying a set as soon as possible.

Bill S.

How do you live with yourself? Seriously.

Are you ever going to square up with the DYD contest winner? :rolleyes: :angry:

best,
brian kc

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
The balls still can get scuffed from diamond's pockets, I noticed the scuffs throughout
the 1p and 10b streams. Note the 9b in the pic.
I don't think that's a black mark against them though (HEYOOOOOOOOOOO).
It's just a quirk of playing on Diamonds.

WXxacpG.jpg

Did anyone weigh them? The stream commentary said they're heavier. And the seemed to feel
the balls were the reason people kept coming up short on position, though initially
they were saying the table was unusually slow.

Supposedly these Cyclop guys bought the formula for old Brunswick balls,
and so they should play almost exactly the same as those?

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
The balls still can get scuffed from diamond's pockets, I noticed the scuffs throughout

WXxacpG.jpg

Did anyone weigh them? The stream commentary said they're heavier. And the seemed to feel
the balls were the reason people kept coming up short on position, though initially

Thanks, good catch -- this answers my query.

<Green sent>

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not a scuff mark, they are just scared to death of Earl. I think the 9 crapped it's pants.

WXxacpG.jpg