Dan Louie/Harry P playing banks now on

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1pRoscoe said:
was a good show.... too bad you didn't get to hear any of the barking... :p

fyi - they were playing $500/game

12:34am Monday morning. Someone tell Steve "Buster" Graham to clean the shaft on his cue. You can see how dirty it is off the webcam. (He's in the what-looks-to-be Saints hat)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Who won?

JAM

I make this match a toss up. Harry is no slouch at Banks. He beat me for a G note a few years ago at Derby City. We played a Race to Five, 9-Ball Banks and it went 4-4 and 4-4 in balls. I got the first shot and hit a ball cross side that bounced off both points. TRUE! Then Harry banked it cross side for the win. The dirty rat.

He made a few donations to my college fund playing One Pocket though. So don't feel sorry for me.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
I make this match a toss up. Harry is no slouch at Banks. He beat me for a G note a few years ago at Derby City. We played a Race to Five, 9-Ball Banks and it went 4-4 and 4-4 in balls. I got the first shot and hit a ball cross side that bounced off both points. TRUE! Then Harry banked it cross side for the win. The dirty rat.

He made a few donations to my college fund playing One Pocket though. So don't feel sorry for me.

I heard it through the grapevine that Harry defeated Dan Louie a few weeks ago for a chunk of change. I was thinking this may be a second match-up between the two of them, but I am not sure.

At the DCC a few years ago, Keith and I were in attendance. However, Keith was sick as a dog with the flu, one of those flus where you have body aches, hot and cold sweats, and a temperature. We should have just turned around and gone home because we were both very sick the whole week.

Harry came to the DCC that year. One night in the wee hours of the morning, they teamed up in a partners game against James Waldon and a guy I had never seen before, a nickel a pop in one-hole. Harry's bank game was phenomenal in this match-up. I was impressed.

While I was sitting on the rail, Jose Parica came and sat beside me and said, "Jennie, Keith and Harry don't have a chance against these two. You should tell them to pull up." Jose was right. After they lost two sets, the festivities came to a halt, and the next day, poor Harry caught the flu bug from hanging out with Keith.

I like Harry Platis' style. I think he banks 'em pretty doggone good. He loves to play pool, shows no fear, and backs up his bark! :D

JAM

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I left before they had finsihed, but from the woofing, I did hear that Harry took Dan for a bit playing one pocket with Dan giving up 9-6, 10-7 (I believe). Dan mentioned that Harry took him 4-1 in games.

Last night when I left Dan was two games up on Harry. Dan was giving up 8-7 alt breaks.