DANZ Mosconi Cup Question

crawf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you have watched the Cup on DANZ.

Are you only able to watch it live or are the matches available afterwards?

Thanks

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For me DAZN has been unpredictable about replays. I'm currently watching a snooker tournament (UK Championships) on DAZN. Each session is viewable only up to when the next session starts. If I get up at 8AM I can replay the session that started at 5AM until the 11AM session starts. After that, the first session seems to be completely gone.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
For me DAZN has been unpredictable about replays. I'm currently watching a snooker tournament (UK Championships) on DAZN. Each session is viewable only up to when the next session starts. If I get up at 8AM I can replay the session that started at 5AM until the 11AM session starts. After that, the first session seems to be completely gone.
Bob,
Give darts a try on there. So much action and fun.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I can say with a medium degree of confidence that you should be able to watch replays afterward. This has been the case for the other Matchroom pool events this year (Champions League, World Cup, World Championship, and US Open).

Snooker seems to be a different thing entirely and perhaps something to do with goofy tv contracts. I know that the WST commented on their YouTube page the reason why they post abbreviated highlights of century breaks is that their contracts limit them to how much and how often they post footage of the tournaments. They can only post 3 minutes worth of footage. Which is a garbage deal in my mind.

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've notice that it's only for snooker that they don't keep the replays available. Sometime the finals are there for a few days.

For Darts you can watch it all for days after.

As for Mosconi, I feel like they were available last year for a while (days) after the sessions.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so dazn is covering it this year? I was going to sign up but see zero mention of the mosconi cup anywhere on their site including searches or even in the schedule...

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
so dazn is covering it this year? I was going to sign up but see zero mention of the mosconi cup anywhere on their site including searches or even in the schedule...
DAZN often does not list events until a few days before they happen. It's quite maddening.

From "how to watch" on the matchroompool.com website:
  • DAZN – USA, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain

Last edited:

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
DAZN often does not list events until a few days before they happen. It's quite maddening.

From "how to watch" on the matchroompool.com website:
  • DAZN – USA, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain
My guess is that it’s so they can avoid giving refunds if anything changes. I remember a few years ago, I signed up for DAZN in advance to watch the UK Championship and it didn’t look like they were going to show it all.

I asked for a refund and their excuse was “we didn’t advertise it and we can’t control what people post on external sites (WST broadcaster site)”.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anti-advertising for the purpose of keeping what little they get from word of mouth seems like a pretty bad business model

i guess ill wait until i know for sure then give them my 20 bux

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
anti-advertising for the purpose of keeping what little they get from word of mouth seems like a pretty bad business model

i guess ill wait until i know for sure then give them my 20 bux
The nice people at DAZN have finally realized that they are covering the Mosconi Cup and have now posted the event on their schedule. Well done, DAZN!

Coverage begins on Tuesday at 10AM Pacific or 1PM Eastern.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had high hopes for Dazn but it has been a disappointment overall. The boxing content has been fair but overall this channel isn’t bringing the value they sold me on when I first subscribed.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are planning on watching it on delay, you may want to see if it is posted on YouTube before paying for the DAZN fee. It is kind of ridiculous that the MC isn't available through cable packages- I liked when you could stream it live via ESPN3