Darren Appleton's World 8 Ball Series 2017

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Does anyone else think the live stream is a bit pricey at $38 / $13 per day? Or am I just being cheap? It would be nice if they had an option to buy just the final match.

I don't know about being cheap. I think it is the nature of most pool players.

🎱

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it hard to pay $38 to watch this event when I just watched the Turning Stone event for nothing. Then, you have the DCC coming up which is a bunch more money. I need to pick and choose which events I pay to stream. I don't have unlimited money in my budget for pool streaming, so I will probably pass on this one in favor of the DCC.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
The question for me is, has the internet for the stream been fixed at Steinway? Johnnyt

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Although I feel ppv doesn't do much to help grow the game, $13 a day isn't too bad, considering we've seen tournaments at $20 a day and $100 for the entire event.

I'm not a fan of 8 ball generally, but it is the right move to market and grow the game.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The production values are looking nice - player walk ons and intros, fancy looking lights and fog machines.

Darren and Co. are putting their necks on the line with these first several events. If they can show some growth and attract potential sponsors, the money will grow. This will also inspire more people and players to get involved. They have a vision of doing something like the IPT, but starting from a groundswell and building up.

I'm looking forward to seeing some tiebreaker shootouts.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
This is a competitively priced ppv for a big even with the worlds best players. Also it's brand new with somewhat unique rules and format. I want to give it a shot. The only question marks are the internet at Steinway and maybe the commentary.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got first match against some French player. If I could pull it off, I would then be against some mediocre Canadian.. dunno who.. Someone who is called Pagulaian or something like that:grin-square:.. :grin-square:;)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone else think the live stream is a bit pricey at $38 / $13 per day? Or am I just being cheap? It would be nice if they had an option to buy just the final match.

It's a 4-day event, so that makes it about $9.50 per day if you buy the Full Access Pass for about $38.

And the Season Pass, for all 4 events this year, is $110 for either 16 or 17 days of streaming (the website shows 5 days for the Grand Finale in one place and 4 days in another). So that brings the daily cost down to about $6.50 or $7. [I suppose there might be some risk as to whether all 4 events will come to fruition as planned.]

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So at each of the series 1-3, 1st is $20K, and then the final is $25K??

That's a lot of 8ball tourneys on 9ft tables with good prizes. $525 entry. Last 32 prize is $500.

This is great. I hope the field remains full.

This puts a damper into all the CSI diamond 7ft table tourneys.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have the draw? According to the website, the draw and calcutta was last night, and the first match starts today at 10am EST.

Thanks.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't see Justin Bergman, Justin Hall, and Skyler Woodward.

Good representation from the Phillipines, I imagine since its close to DCC.
Dennis, LeeVan, Biado, Busty, Johann Chua(I think first time I've seen his name in a U.S tourney). A couple of other PI names I'm not familiar with Israel Rota, Damil Gallego.

I dont think I see any of the Chinese/Taiwan players.

I like the scoreboard from CueScore. Very accessible from the cell phone.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Dechaine 9-8 up on Petri Makkonen( The big Finland guy with blonde hair in the World Cup events).