DAZN failure

JC

Coos Cues
It is on, I'm watching it right now......just check the tabs and go for the "yellow pool"
Well I click it and it isn't on and I don't use a vpn and don't intend to get one just to watch pool

I tried being the righteous man but it was a fail. Now where are the links to the hacks?

Badpenguin

AWS was not used for the International Open. A private streaming server was. All issues were addressed in house.
All issues were not addressed for me, particularly for the price I paid. It was obviously susceptible to load spikes. Attempting to stream to 100's simultaneously is one thing, 1000's or 10's of thousands is quite another. You can't possibly built it better than Amazon, Akamai, IBM, or Microsoft, because you don't have the funding and probably never will. The infrastructure to stream to multiple regions seamlessly costs in the billions.

AWS has the capability to fail over to different regions, but you have to pay for that service. DAZN obviously didn't pay. Regardless, since I am not in the Eastern US, it has been working fine for me all day.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All issues were not addressed for me, particularly for the price I paid. It was obviously susceptible to load spikes. Attempting to stream to 100's simultaneously is one thing, 1000's or 10's of thousands is quite another. You can't possibly built it better than Amazon, Akamai, IBM, or Microsoft, because you don't have the funding and probably never will. The infrastructure to stream to multiple regions seamlessly costs in the billions.

AWS has the capability to fail over to different regions, but you have to pay for that service. DAZN obviously didn't pay. Regardless, since I am not in the Eastern US, it has been working fine for me all day.

I'm in the Western US and still can't get on...

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're correct Ed. NBL, AccuStats, and all of our rooms installed with FeltCam use OSPN's private cloud distribution network, built by a group of serious pool aficionados. It will soon be coupled with digitalpool dot com. We depend on ourselves and have zero 3rd party fingers and hands in the cookie jar. This was the point all along when development started in 2011. Thanks Ed for supporting OSPN.
In this day and age anyone who thinks they can build a more reliable system than AWS, Google, Azure are naive. The fact that you think you don't have to rely on any 3rd parties for internet streaming is just wrong. There are lots of moving parts, most of which you have almost no control over. One simple example is your domain register or DNS going offline.

I am really curious in your private cloud distribution network...... That screams 3rd party to me. The only way to get that done is to run your own network lines (not lease from anyone) to each venue which would be stupidly cost prohibitive being how far apart the venues will be.

In all honesty it sounds like your post is more of an advertisement than anything.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I can't even reregister with DAZN. I keep getting an error code.
I've tried with my laptop and Chromebook using PayPal and Credit Card.
Same - I paused my subscription for the past few months. I can't unpause it, and both the app and website are glitchy and slow. Clicking on Unpause just generates error messages. Bummer.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All over on tonights news about Amazon having a major outage today. Maybe this is some of it.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't even reregister with DAZN. I keep getting an error code.
I've tried with my laptop and Chromebook using PayPal and Credit Card.

Did you happen to move?

I really don't think this was my problem because I have definitely re-subscribed since moving to the other side of the state but my address was wrong.

However, that was the first time I tried it on the app using a VPN.

What codes are you getting? Mine was 10-000......something something?

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you happen to move?

I really don't think this was my problem because I have definitely re-subscribed since moving to the other side of the state but my address was wrong.

However, that was the first time I tried it on the app using a VPN.

What codes are you getting? Mine was 10-000......something something?
No, same place in B'ham, Alabama. SMH

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Once again, DAZN is not working. Is anyone else having trouble? Any work or updatesi

In both my ROKU app and my cell phone, I had to go to “Schedule” and the hit the live link. Otherwise, everything else gave me errors.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW....

I signed up with DAZN, on my computer, today. It worked fine on my Samsung Smart TV for the Mosconi Cup, and, it still works fine now, for watching reruns of other events, on my television. But, when I sign into DAZN on my computer, I get an error code when I try to access my account. Oh, and I haven't been charged for the service, yet, either.

So, it seems as though something screwy is going on with the "accounts section" of DAZN, itself.

Hopefully it will all get cleared up soon.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In both my ROKU app and my cell phone, I had to go to “Schedule” and the hit the live link. Otherwise, everything else gave me errors.

I think the difference is, you might have already been logged in and subscription up to date. I was logged in but could not continue until I re-upped my subscription, which I couldn't do.

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
no way can you come up with something that has a higher uptime / availability thab any of the current major cloud providers. Just your internet connection alone is an extremely weak link. You might have high priority, but amazon has thousand of fiber stands split over multiple tier 1 providers with redundant segregated links between their data centers. Now lets talk about power grid, security team to deal with denial of service attacks. The list goes on Luckl

And how are you going to connect to the internet to stream it to the world?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Alkami and Wowza work very well for our needs, at 3 cents a gig.