DAZN issues

vinay

Registered
I was trying to sign up but their payment processing system is down. One of the AWS regions is having issues and a lot of sites are having problems.

Not really a valid excuse though, a big site like DAZN ought to have better engineering so they don't have an outage because of a single AWS region.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was trying to sign up but their payment processing system is down. One of the AWS regions is having issues and a lot of sites are having problems.

Not really a valid excuse though, a big site like DAZN ought to have better engineering so they don't have an outage because of a single AWS region.

Actually, this would be AWS's issue. DAZN chose the largest web service provider in the country for a reason.

vinay

Registered
Actually, this would be AWS's issue. DAZN chose the largest web service provider in the country for a reason.
It's AWS's issue but it's also DAZN's issue. AWS is having problems with a single region. A well designed system would have enough redundancy not to go down because of that.

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
I downloaded the DAZN app and it worked. Watching it on my phone.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I signed up three days ago and it has been perfect. Sorry to hear about all the issues others are having...

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's AWS's issue but it's also DAZN's issue. AWS is having problems with a single region. A well designed system would have enough redundancy not to go down because of that.

And DAZN is not an internet provider, that's what they pay someone else to do? And when they hire the best in the business and it goes down, it's somehow their fault?

So, when my electricity at home goes out it's my fault?

Not sure where that logic comes from.

Black Diamond

Anybody having trouble with DAZN? I'm trying to re-activate an former account and it is giving me an error.
Try using your cellular provider. I am able to watch from Verizon cellular here in North Carolina. Not working on local Spectrum cable provider.

JC

Coos Cues
Wanted to watch but shit like this that doesn't work doesn't get many extra chances. I tried twice and I'm done.

I'm on a windows PC with Chrome and a high speed internet connection.

If you want my money make it easy and reliable.

Will just watch the you tube replays for free tonight.

DAZN.JPG

vinay

Registered
And DAZN is not an internet provider, that's what they pay someone else to do? And when they hire the best in the business and it goes down, it's somehow their fault?

So, when my electricity at home goes out it's my fault?

Not sure where that logic comes from.
It comes from working in the profession and having a knowledge of how web services are actually built. And yes, if you are an engineer designing a critical service and the electricity goes out and you don't have a backup system in place, it absolutely is your fault.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everything cleared up on my end almost from the beginning of the matches.
Using the DAZN app on a Samsung Smart TV.
Had a problem at the outset but it cleared itself up.
USA up 2-0.
Go USA!!!!

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wanted to watch but shit like this that doesn't work doesn't get many extra chances. I tried twice and I'm done.

I'm on a windows PC with Chrome and a high speed internet connection.

If you want my money make it easy and reliable.

Will just watch the you tube replays for free tonight.

View attachment 619020
Getting the same. Different error code when trying to use a credit card. Would be ideal if they put up an update on their site. Otherwise, we are left guessing. If in fact this is related to the AWS outage, as their payment is processed via a service down...I get it...but frustratingly bad timing. I was thinking I'd skip this, but felt it was worth 20 bucks to watch in the background live, and to support pool. I guess not...

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They need to stop the people from shrieking Everytime either team asks for an extension....it just obliterates it being a professional presentation.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They need to stop the people from shrieking Everytime either team asks for an extension....it just obliterates it being a professional presentation.
It's being held in the UK, the home of the soccer hooligan.
The beer is flowing too.
I am thinking it is actually quieter than usual.