DCC 9 Ball - Who's left?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the 1P final they said there are 10 players left in the 9B event. Who? Anyone have a link to the bracket?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony is about to play Garcia on the stream table for round 10, while almost all the other players already completed round 11, and are waiting for round 12 draws. I'll get you the link in a few. Edit: tony and Garcia both have one loss.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony is about to play Garcia on the stream table for round 10, while almost all the other players already completed round 11, and are waiting for round 12 draws. I'll get you the link in a few. Edit: tony and Garcia both have one loss.
Robbie Capito
Alex P.
SVB
Shaw
Filler
Gorst
Chohan
Garcia
Mills
Styer
Woodward

I count 11 players, but I got this from the DCC website and it might not be up to date.
Thanks, gents!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's who is left. Tony and Garcia are behind in rounds, they are about to play their round 10 match now. And Gorst and Shaw are waiting for their 11th round. Edit, re-uploaded the chart with new red boxes. All the players that completed round 11, plush the 2 in the scheduled round 11, plus the ones with boxes around their names, are left. 11 total. Which was just confirmed on the mic in the background. LONG morning ahead. I wonder if Tony was considering withdrawing, and going out with a bang.

SCR-20230129-11u-2.png

SCR-20230129-q5.png

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, Donny Mills is still in it but he has no opponent for round 11?

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, Donny Mills is still in it but he has no opponent for round 11?
Shaw & Fedor need opponents for round 11 out of Styer, Mills & Filler & winner of round 10 match with chohan & garcia. The two left play each other. I hope I explained this ok.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like this is another way to keep track who is left. However this does not break down who is in which round, just who is left.

It also looks like if Fedor finishes one round ahead of Tony, he will knock out Tony in the MOT running. It also looks like many of the remaining 9 ball players can win MOT if they win the 9 ball.

SCR-20230129-1xd.png

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shaw & Fedor need opponents for round 11 out of Styer, Mills & Filler & winner of round 10 match with chohan & garcia. The two left play each other. I hope I explained this ok.
I think so. There are three more matches to start in round 11. It seems like they could draw including (Chohan/Garcia) as the sixth person. Those three matches will eliminate three people. That gives a total of 10 players in Round 11, and 7 in round 12 (because Capito and Woodward rebought).

The projection then is:
4 or 5 in round 13 (5 if SVB loses and rebuys)
2 or 3 in round 14
done or 2 in round 15

This means there will be at least four rounds after Garcia and Chohan finish. It's currently 1:30 at the Horseshoe.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garcia beats Tony 9-6. Tony is now out of the running for MOT. He might still end up with 2nd or 3rd place MOT prize money.