DCC Bits and Pieces

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry, love your posters, pics, photoshops.

Small thing, but Morra is a lefty now and most of his pics are righty.
here you go i fixed it for you he's a lefty now lol :groucho:

A New Design (26).jpg

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
He's been hanging around the action room some.

I have a feeling we will see him do something before it's over lol
He's in action with Hennessey right now as I type this playing 9 ball. He was up 17-10 when we came back to the room. Think they were going to 21 with Henny getting games on the wire. Not sure how many. The pace of play was ummm...slow so we decided to head back to the room and call it a night.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
He's in action with Hennessey right now as I type this playing 9 ball. He was up 17-10 when we came back to the room. Think they were going to 21 with Henny getting games on the wire. Not sure how many. The pace of play was ummm...slow so we decided to head back to the room and call it a night.

I heard it was a race to 20, barbox 9 ball with Hennessee getting three on the wire. I only saw the final game, but there was a safety battle with Hennessee leaving the 1 surrounded by the rest of the balls.

Filler had a decent 1 or two rail kick that he could have blasted, and probably slopped in a ball given that there were at least 5 balls in the immediate vicinity of the 1, but he goes for a jump where he has to get up and down in about 18 inches, wih the 1 ball only about 6 inches in front of the blocking ball.. He makes it, and the entire room erupts in cheering.

To add insult to injury, he ends up measuring out a DOUBLE BANK on either a 2 or 4 ball (I was tired and forget which) that is frozen to another ball, makes it, and runs the rest of the rest of the rack in under a minute.

The funny thing about this is... Given that I live there, I can attest to the fact that there just aren't many bar tables in Germany. And certainly, what ones there are, nobody competes in any kind of tournaments on them. Seems like Filler was just treating it like a complete toy, lol.

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard it was a race to 20, barbox 9 ball with Hennessee getting three on the wire. I only saw the final game, but there was a safety battle with Hennessee leaving the 1 surrounded by the rest of the balls.

Filler had a decent 1 or two rail kick that he could have blasted, and probably slopped in a ball given that there were at least 5 balls in the immediate vicinity of the 1, but he goes for a jump where he has to get up and down in about 18 inches, wih the 1 ball only about 6 inches in front of the blocking ball.. He makes it, and the entire room erupts in cheering.

To add insult to injury, he ends up measuring out a DOUBLE BANK on either a 2 or 4 ball (I was tired and forget which) that is frozen to another ball, makes it, and runs the rest of the rest of the rack in under a minute.

The funny thing about this is... Given that I live there, I can attest to the fact that there just aren't many bar tables in Germany. And certainly, what ones there are, nobody competes in any kind of tournaments on them. Seems like Filler was just treating it like a complete toy, lol.

Where is this barbox you speak of?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Did Henny lose?? I hope so. Hope he goes FLAT busted. Complete a^*wipe. Just sayin.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Did Henny lose?? I hope so. Hope he goes FLAT busted. Complete a^*wipe. Just sayin.

Well, ummmmm.. Yeah?

Considering it was the "final" game and Filler was the one that came up with the great out, lol.. :wink::grin-square::wink:

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
What's it like at 9am there, russ?

Lunch time for you, I'd guess.;)

It's a little tired, is what it is, lol... I woke up after like 5 hours of sleep, and made a list of 10am/12pm matches I wanted to check out.. Looks like I am up for the day...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It's a little tired, is what it is, lol... I woke up after like 5 hours of sleep, and made a list of 10am/12pm matches I wanted to check out.. Looks like I am up for the day...

If you don't have a match to play...I recommend sitting up by the straight pool...
...you can look down on the main floor.....and the stream table....
...and watch somebody run 527

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don't have a match to play...I recommend sitting up by the straight pool...
...you can look down on the main floor.....and the stream table....
...and watch somebody run 527

Wonder what the scene would be like if somebody was at say 500 in a run?:)

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Wonder what the scene would be like if somebody was at say 500 in a run?:)
I would hope word would get around so I wouldn't miss it. Because of the randomness of when guys can stop in and make attempts it's hard to know when someone is on a run unless you just happen to be there.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member

That's awesome and makes me regret going to bed. I will say I'm pretty sure they were playing on a 9ft and not a barbox unless there is a 2nd bar table in the room. While I was watching them there were two guys playing a cheap race to 7 9 ball on the bar table right infront of me and annoying some other guys waiting to play on it.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Today was my first day at DCC. Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned, and maybe it has, but the “green room” is taken over by tournament games.

No woofin’ or jawing to get a game. Just boring bracket games.

Saw Deathball quietly playing chess in the promenade outside the pool venue. WTF!

Pretty sure he had a gamble going and heard him say how he was “gettin’ robbed” but still, not the same.

Miss seeing Durbin’s crew trying to work the tables for all they can take along with other action. All tourney and no action, other than big ACTION. Side games must be happening very late. Past my bedtime.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums