DCC One Pocket - final rounds

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did I hear right no one pocket finals today? Ugh. I bought the day yesterday, to watch the finals. They got moved to today, so bought again. Now moved to tomorrow? That's pool for you, no rhyme or reason. End rant.

Correct. Finals will be tomorrow. Banks ring game will be streamed tonight.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe they said that they are done for the day with one pocket so that's good for Efren. He should pull out of the 9 ball if he has to play any more 9 ball match today.
Reyes is scheduled to play a 9-Ball match at 7 pm.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Accustats shows too much 10 ball in this event. It was supposed to be a side show to the main 3, and now it's the most view time. IMO, they should only show the last 3 matches of the 10 ball. Set up the table for just one day in the arena, and the early rounds have it outside, and show the bank matches. It takes them 30 minutes to swap the tables. I've seen them do it several times with my own eyes.

I also think they should limit the entries to 350 tops each event. Having more just makes everything nuts.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And while I'm complaining from my armchair, I'm actually glad I didn't go this year. I can't believe everyone is starving for food. WTF is going on with pool? Can't do anything right.

VVP

Registered
At least the brackets didn't get stuck on round 5 like many prior years.
Frankly, I think the scheduling was much better this year. I didn't had to wait around forever to know what was coming up next like previous years. If only the could get the PPV stream to work flawlessly, we might have a good thing going :D. And yes, they need to limit the amount of players. A commentator said they were running a day behind schedule so you can imagine the anxiety for those guys traveling to the world 9 ball championship.

DragosLucian

Does anyone know the rules of the re-draw?

Are you allowed to play the same player twice in a row?

What are the rules of the "buy" draw?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

the re-draw is just that, a re-draw. you could play the same person twice in a row. the buyback is also just that , a 'buy back' in otherwords after your first loss you can buy back in one time per event. when they get close to the end someone is going to draw a bye like Chohan did today.

DragosLucian

the re-draw is just that, a re-draw. you could play the same person multiple times in a row. the buyback is also just that , a 'buy back' in otherwords after your first loss you can buy back in one time per event. when they get close to the end someone is going to draw a bye like Chohan did today.
I think there are some rules regarding the "bye". I think you cannot get a bye if you already had one and there are players with none.

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Theoretically, when there are 2 or 3 players left you could play the same player 3 matches in a row.