Dechaine vs shane commentary

rackemup20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone listening to dechaine vs shane commentary. Can't stand clowery blowing mike dechaine Jesus it's horrible

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone listening to dechaine vs shane commentary. Can't stand clowery blowing mike dechaine Jesus it's horrible

I think the corners on that table are 4 1/4" pockets - pretty tight.
If anyone is there, we have to get the measurements for Dr. Daves TDF thread.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to get my facts straight - Mike and Shane are leaving from here to Doha Qatar, then to World Cup of Pool Sept 22-27 in London as Team USA, then back home for US Open 9-ball October 24-30.

Anything else on the schedule between World Cup and US Open?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
1st time I've ever seen somebody leave the stream booth to play referee on a shot.
No harm, no foul, I guess. Still, it seemed unusual.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Jason Shaw with a nor'easter accent

New Englanders are as bad as the British...they throw in Rs that don't belong often...
....then they leave them out where they DO belong.

I grew up thinking that 'khaki' was pronounced ' carkey'...like, uh, wtf?
....and 'pack the cah' is no way to 'park your car'.....'ello?
:smile:

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
New Englanders are as bad as the British...they throw in Rs that don't belong often...

....then they leave them out where they DO belong.

I grew up thinking that 'khaki' was pronounced ' carkey'...like, uh, wtf?

....and 'pack the cah' is no way to 'park your car'.....'ello?

:smile:

Don't forget when you "pack da cah"you need quatas for da metah

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good commentary is gone from a very long time, since back in the days when Grady Mathews, Billy Incardona, Nick Varner, and Buddy Hall, and commentary in my opinion has went down hill, and it's hard to recover it unless you find old knowledgable players who are passionate about the game want to take over.

You want people that knows the game inside out, basically you want teachers, people that I can learn from, you also want some controversy, who didn't enjoy the controversy that Grady Mathew and Billy Incardona brought to the live matches, I know I did, I love their little fights over some scenarios of the game, also you want people that respect the game, we don't need people that when a game is open goes with "Oh he's out" <---- this kills the game for me, you always have a layout thats easy, but always have a key shot or key position in every rack, don't go with "Oh everything in the open, shane is out" <-- please if you are a commentator, don't say this. Billy and Grady will never say this.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
Good commentary is gone from a very long time, since back in the days when Grady Mathews, Billy Incardona, Nick Varner, and Buddy Hall, and commentary in my opinion has went down hill, and it's hard to recover it unless you find old knowledgable players who are passionate about the game want to take over.

You want people that knows the game inside out, basically you want teachers, people that I can learn from, you also want some controversy, who didn't enjoy the controversy that Grady Mathew and Billy Incardona brought to the live matches, I know I did, I love their little fights over some scenarios of the game, also you want people that respect the game, we don't need people that when a game is open goes with "Oh he's out" <---- this kills the game for me, you always have a layout thats easy, but always have a key shot or key position in every rack, don't go with "Oh everything in the open, shane is out" <-- please if you are a commentator, don't say this. Billy and Grady will never say this.

This^^. I do think Ken and Al, Cotton and some of the others can be great commentators and obviously know the game - the impression I get is that they are bored, and I couldn't agree more with the 'Oh, he's out' and 'connect the dots' commentary, it's a cop out. Like you said, there's always a key shot, position, or something to talk about. Why is it connect the dots, natural angles, etc.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to get my facts straight - Mike and Shane are leaving from here to Doha Qatar, then to World Cup of Pool Sept 22-27 in London as Team USA, then back home for US Open 9-ball October 24-30.

Anything else on the schedule between World Cup and US Open?

This is from his Facebook page: "Boston, Qatar, London, fort Myers, FL, San Antonio, Texas. Back home in Sioux Falls October 5th."