Derby City Bank Pool Updates

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can never bet against Busti! He knows how to win!

Bustamante was down 0-2 in games and 0-4 in balls in a race to 3. Nevel needed 1 ball for the title and Busty had nothing. Nevel took 3 shots at the win but scratched on the third try. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was pulling for Larry, I'm in the Chicago area and I have seen him in local action, I have a lot of respect for him and his game. I also like Buste, he's an AAA player and a class act.

Good bank finish, would of liked to see more

Last edited:

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
:happydance:Congratulations Francisco Bustamante for winning the DCC 9-Ball Bank event!!!:happydance:​

francisco-bustamante-predator.jpg

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
That comeback was absolutely epic. One mistake by LN and it just snowballed from there. Learned a big lesson this match from Busty. Never give up!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rack four is a strange one. Bustamante leads the rack 2-0, but the other seven balls are all on the spot!

To double up the strange factor, at the same time, Nevel had pocketed five balls on the break against Shannon, and when his inning was over, all balls were spot up. So when we looked up at the big screen to check out the Kiamco/Busty match on the main table, the layout looked almost the same. Very strange to look back and forth to see the same lineup type of layout in the two semi-final matches at the same time.

Freddie <~~~ never played lineup

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
That comeback was absolutely epic. One mistake by LN and it just snowballed from there. Learned a big lesson this match from Busty. Never give up!

Snowballed is right. Nevel had I think four weird mistakes after scratching on th case ball. Oddly, Busty kept making balls on safeties giving Larry free straighbacks after spotting. It wasnt stellar play by Busty, but one of the most ground out bank finals ever.

Freddie <~~~ needs more banks

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I've been watching it for years, have commented on it here previously with video evidence, and still find it hard to believe.

I was fortunate to hit some balls with Busty in NJ a few years ago and aside from his magnificent locomotive stroke, I was watching as the highest knuckle on his bridge hand was getting painted blue by the chalk. I asked him about it and he just laughed about it and said "it's what I do."

On almost every shot he takes the tip disappears *way up* in his hand then as his stroke comes forward the tip bangs that knuckle and somehow makes its way to whitey in control and at world class speed. How in the hell is this possible? :confused::thumbup::confused:

It is especially evident when he is bridging on top of a rail and you can see the tip come back so far that it it actually no longer in contact with any part of his hand, the tip is only touching the rail as it starts to come back forward, into his hand then bangs the knuckle then arrives at the cue ball, well enough to win DCC Banks Division. :grin-square::eek:

Amazin. Just amazing!!! :thumbup:

You gotta love this guy! Congrats, Busty!

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
An encore presentation of the last approx 50 min of the banks final is on now.

you can watch busty's tip doing its disappearing act... :wink:

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bustamante is, by far, my favorite to watch. Nothing boring about his game.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bustamante was down 0-2 in games and 0-4 in balls in a race to 3. Nevel needed 1 ball for the title and Busty had nothing. Nevel took 3 shots at the win but scratched on the third try. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Ouch. I hate those sets where everything you do is worse than your previous effort.

Great result for Larry though.