Derby City Dress Code

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
As I'll be packing for my DCC trip quite soon, what's the DCC dress code, not as written, but as enforced? I'm most comfortable playing in jeans and a T-shirt; if I show up for my matches in Levi's and a clean solid-color T-shirt is there any chance I'll be turned away?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I'll be packing for my DCC trip quite soon, what's the DCC dress code, not as written, but as enforced? I'm most comfortable playing in jeans and a T-shirt; if I show up for my matches in Levi's and a clean solid-color T-shirt is there any chance I'll be turned away?
https://derbycityclassic.com/the-rules/ DC is second one down. Take both jic. I doubt they'd go all "soup nazi" on you but collared shirts are the norm. In the match-up room i've seen a lil of everything.

Last edited:

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive never seen it enforced which I think sucks cause it does nothing for pools image when you se people in sweat pants and ratty t shirts playing in an event of the DCC's magnitude.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100%

Ive never seen it enforced which I think sucks cause it does nothing for pools image when you se people in sweat pants and ratty t shirts playing in an event of the DCC's magnitude.

100% correct. Players wonder why they get no respect but want to dress like street urchins.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

Agreed.

Maniac (plays league in Polo shirts)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100% correct. Players wonder why they get no respect but want to dress like street urchins.

It's kind of depressing.

Every year that I go I look around and wonder about the guys wearing ratty shorts and t-shirts in the dead of winter.

Lou Figueroa
yes, I know
the event
is indoors

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
Dress for success. I'd hate to look back at a picture of myself holding a trophy and looking like I just got done cleaning my garage.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I want to be comfortable playing, especially when it's all day long for days on end.

Sure hate those Professional basketball and soccer players wearing shorts and t shirts/jerseys and getting paid millions - what a bunch of scumbags, no wonder nobody watches:rolleyes:
Jason

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to be comfortable playing, especially when it's all day long for days on end.

Sure hate those Professional basketball and soccer players wearing shorts and t shirts/jerseys and getting paid millions - what a bunch of scumbags, no wonder nobody watches:rolleyes:
Jason

If you’re sweating as much as a b-ball player, while walking around a pool table, you should see a doctor.

Lou Figueroa

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was curious so i msg'd the DCC FB page about this. They said it is enforced but only in tournament area. Action areas are open to whatever.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was curious so i msg'd the DCC FB page about this. They said it is enforced but only in tournament area. Action areas are open to whatever.

Don’t recall seeing it enforced on the two floors of the tournament.

Of course the Action Room and the action streaming table would be another story. After hours too. But the tournament tables... just don’t remember seeing a DC enforced.

Lou Figueroa

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
Just another sign of the times of pool being in the dumps.

Dressing up won't save pool. But the awful attire of professional pool players when given the choice is symbolic of the state in which the game is.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Is it really that much of a burden to go one tiny step above a T shirt?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The final table at the WSOP had hoodies and t shirts. Attire is not holding pool back. If it was exciting to watch and could get large audiences, the big sponsors would be here.

localredhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like to play in slip on sandals... with socks when it's cold out.

I only play local leagues though. The way I see it is I should shoot comfortably, and I never wore shoes when I was learning pool in my parent's basement 20 years ago.

a different pair of shoes does change things slightly for me when I get down on the shot, and I have to play in them for a couple days before I get used to them... but when I go back to the slips its like "old familiar."

I've always wondered about the dress codes for the big tournaments, and whether I'd have a problem dressing up and playing should I ever get to that level.