Derby City Looks Great

Snapshot9 said:
can they still call this 'Derby City' when it is in Indiana now?

It is kinda like the New York Giants or New York Jets that play their games in the Meadowlands in New Jersey.
 
To all of you that get to attend, I formally hate each and every one of you. I hope a bunch of APA 3's show up. Yeah, and they play a $1.00/$1.00 ring game. And admission goes to $10,000 at the door without warning. I'll be at work watching a bunch of empty seats and 3's. Thanks for streaming it at least.
 
elvicash said:
There is some distance from hotel to the tourney area but they did have an airport style courtesy cart going back and forth. The place had a nice looking gym and they do have a pool, 8 AM to 10 PM on the pool.

.

Elvicash, is the distance from the hotel to the tournament area outside or is there a covered path? How far is it? I have a friend that currently has some health issues and plans on going but was curious as to how difficult it would be for him to get to and fro.

Thanks,
Curly
 
curly said:
Elvicash, is the distance from the hotel to the tournament area outside or is there a covered path? How far is it? I have a friend that currently has some health issues and plans on going but was curious as to how difficult it would be for him to get to and fro.

Thanks,
Curly


Hi curly.......Yes, there is a covered/enclosed path all the way, and part of it even has a moving pedway....not sure of the exact distance, but I do know that the tournament rooms and restaurants are approx. 50% closer to the hotel than the casino is.

- Ghost
 
Far east side of Louisville

Snapshot9 said:
can they still call this 'Derby City' when it is in Indiana now?


Its location is right along the outerbelt of Sluggerville.
 
1 Pocket Ghost said:
Hi curly.......Yes, there is a covered/enclosed path all the way, and part of it even has a moving pedway....not sure of the exact distance, but I do know that the tournament rooms and restaurants are approx. 50% closer to the hotel than the casino is.

- Ghost

Thanks Ghost. Are you packed already? It's getting close to gate time!

Curly
 
1 Pocket Ghost said:
Hi curly.......Yes, there is a covered/enclosed path all the way, and part of it even has a moving pedway....not sure of the exact distance, but I do know that the tournament rooms and restaurants are approx. 50% closer to the hotel than the casino is.

- Ghost

I'm confused....

I read earlier that there would be a shuttle running between the tournament room and the hotel?

Are you saying you never have to walk outside (in the cold) to go between the two?


I hope so...I don't want to be carrying a coat around all day, If I don't have to. It would also leave the option of shorts open :smile:

THANKS!
 
ever seen someone dip a rose in liquid nitrogen? That'd be your legs the first time a door is opened near you....lol, AZ guys!! You'll get a nice Midwest Winter welcoming when you get there. Shorts!!
 
Internet in the AZ room will be available.

The AZ room will have the internet. Our room is the Laughlin. I arranged with the casino corporate sales to turn on our connection. We should have the internet available now in the AZ room and the straight pool challenge room.

The walking is indoors, in a long walkway on the ground level. There is a cart during the day making round trips. The distance is not too far. I like that the tourney closer than the casino so maybe more pool cash will stay in pool action.
 
Bar table

Only 1 bar table, hard to believe, I mean, how can you have a Challenge table on a full sized table since most are charged by the clock, whereas, bar tables are coin operated?

Most gambling goes on on Bar tables not full sized tables, except for 1 pocket.
 
trustyrusty said:
ever seen someone dip a rose in liquid nitrogen? That'd be your legs the first time a door is opened near you....lol, AZ guys!! You'll get a nice Midwest Winter welcoming when you get there. Shorts!!

You are probably right....I'll still bring some, just in case.

It's been real nice here...played golf in shorts yesterday morning at 8:00, and was comfortable.

yeah....I'm spoiled.
 
Rick S. said:
You are probably right....I'll still bring some, just in case.

It's been real nice here...played golf in shorts yesterday morning at 8:00, and was comfortable.

yeah....I'm spoiled.


what is this G O L F you speak of?? I haven't played in a month and a half, and have forgotten what it's like. (as far as you know) :cool:
 
Never could figure out what would make someone live in the cold....brrrr.

Out here, you can make a tee time 2 yrs in advance and not ever have to worry about the weather. (99% of the time, anyway)
 
Back
Top