Design a Cue for Bill Stroud Contest

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Dear AZB: I would like to start a contest to design a cue for Bill Stroud so that he will have a wonderful new tool for his return to competition.

Keep in mind that I have never built a cue and don't yet have any equipment for such a task, but I am highly motivated to do this for our forum friend, Mr. Stroud.

Please submit your ideas to this thread through April 1, 2013 and then I will begin the task of choosing the winner.

Originality will be rewarded! Think outside the box (e.g., 6 piece cues, cues made of rubber, circular cues, cues with a slinky joint, etc.). Open your mind so that we can honor Mr. Stroud appropriately!

I will begin the construction immediately after a winner is chosen and when completed, will get it to Mr. Stroud.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Well I had 2 designs I can't choose between since I clearly think Mr Stroud seriously needs to have both of these so ......

Attachments

• Stroud Cue.png
    Stroud Cue.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 832

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear AZB: I would like to start a contest to design a cue for Bill Stroud so that he will have a wonderful new tool for his return to competition.

Keep in mind that I have never built a cue and don't yet have any equipment for such a task, but I am highly motivated to do this for our forum friend, Mr. Stroud.

Please submit your ideas to this thread through April 1, 2013 and then I will begin the task of choosing the winner.

Originality will be rewarded! Think outside the box (e.g., 6 piece cues, cues made of rubber, circular cues, cues with a slinky joint, etc.). Open your mind so that we can honor Mr. Stroud appropriately!

I will begin the construction immediately after a winner is chosen and when completed, will get it to Mr. Stroud.

Since your a rookie , let me help you out. This is a MUST READ and would be perfect for the man in question:)
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sVztIwp-NMZHJYk_w&sig2=KWjVF5rETtpR_r7cyLIAWw

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we not pollute the forum with multiple posts about the Stroud/DYD Cue? This is getting silly...not to mention childish!

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
I don't know what this DYD cue is that you speak of. I just wanted to do something nice for Mr. Stroud.

Keep the designs coming so that I can select the winning design in April and commence the construction!

Can we not pollute the forum with multiple posts about the Stroud/DYD Cue? This is getting silly...not to mention childish!

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what this DYD cue is that you speak of. I just wanted to do something nice for Mr. Stroud.

Keep the designs coming so that I can select the winning design in April and commence the construction!

DYD = Design Your Dream

Your sarcasm and sarcastic post are ignorant. You started this post to simply mock Stroud and the cue contest. Like I said, it's childish...But if it makes you feel better about yourself...who am I to judge! :rolleyes:

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
You're making all the rounds trying to silence the threads against Bill Stroud. Ironically, you keep saying they won't make any difference, so it is childish to continue them.

I find it amusingly ironic because you seem to think that your posts in all these threads will make one slight difference to us.

It also hasn't gone unnoticed that you've made over three times as many posts in these threads as I have, repeating the same message over and over!

Oh, the irony!

Merry Christmas!

DYD = Design Your Dream

Your sarcasm and sarcastic post are ignorant. You started this post to simply mock Stroud and the cue contest. Like I said, it's childish...But if it makes you feel better about yourself...who am I to judge! :rolleyes:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my entry in the contest:

It is perfect because I am sure Mr. Stroud would like nothing better than to sweep this nasty little story about the DYD cue under the rug!:D

Attachments

• broom.png
    broom.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 519

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Forgot to take a pic before I flushed. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. I'm sure my entry will fit his hand perfectly and give him a nice warm feeling

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Some great ideas here! Keep them coming. Not to bias anyone, but I was thinking of just doing a cue without a butt. You know, just a shaft. It would be kind of appropriate if Mr. Stroud got the shaft.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is my entry in the contest:

attachment.php

It is perfect because I am sure Mr. Stroud would like nothing better than to sweep this nasty little story about the DYD cue under the rug!:D

Now that would make a great handle for the cue. :smile:
Sad part is Bill could still beat most of us playing with it.

Last edited:

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you can combine all the designs ino one giant piece of lumber that you and a few others can use to continually beat this dead horse into the ground.

Get over it people. Really.