Do you stay the whole league night if you're done playing ??

How soon do you leave after your league match ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
Do you stay for the rest of the night to cheer the team on, or are you out of there after your last game ?

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like to stay and hit balls and watch the other matches. Most of my team gets me or another guy for time outs so it's helpful to our team. I get practice time that way too and nothing beats free pool.

Banks

Banned
I stay the night 99% of the time and most of the time I only play 8 or 9, rarely do I get to play both.

Some reasons are fine, other reasons are just lame.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I almost always played last or second to last anyway. So yes. I always stayed til the end. And... I was always there early, as well, just in case I needed to play early on or something else needed to be done. I was never a captain because I was always recruited onto teams, which is how I liked it.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Other....

Sometimes I stay the whole night , sometimes I take off right after my match.

It's not a 'team' thing , we all understand that everyone has a life outside of pool so do what ever works best for you.

That you show up and give it your best effort while your there is really all that matters IMO.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
In one league, I stayed through everyone's match and then some, usually for an hour or so after the final match.

In another league, I was outta there the instant my match was done. Sometimes I'd leave stuff in my rush to get out of there.

Guess which league I liked more? :p

I get the sense people who are dying to leave early just don't enjoy league that much and feel obligated to be there. I like when the team sticks around and watches each other play. It gives a boost for the person playing to have his team sweating it... and it's kind of a drag when the last guy shooting is by himself.

mcericville

Rack, Break, Run, Repeat
I usually feel like a jerk for leaving before my team is done playing but it's tough, I'm an undergraduate in college and our match usually isn't over before 10:30pm, but I always have work the next day from 10-12, class from 12-3, and work again from 4-10, so I have no time to get any homework or reading done unless I leave early.

However, I make it a point to never 'ask' to play early, I play whenever the captain thinks it makes sense. Sometimes I'm outta there at 8:30, other nights I get home at 11:30.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I always stay to the end.
League is a team sport played by individuals.
Everyone likes to have the team watching, especially if you're playing well right?

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I like to stay until we're all done, but with a 1 year old at home, that's not always an option.

Best,

Justin

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
I usually stay until all the matches are over. Sometimes, if I'm already exhausted or just really need to get up in the morning I will leave after my match is done but I never play, pack up , and leave. I usually wait one more match before taking off.

strum4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pool hall I play out of closes around midnight, so I'm usually one of the last to leave. Our team usually goes in on a practice table, so it comes out to a few bucks apiece. I think it's important to be around while our matches are taking place, in order to give timeouts, when needed, to the lower ranked players. In many instances, when most of the balls are already down, they would be inclined to take a risky shot that could lose the game and/or match, whereas a simple safety could win them the game/match if the safety were to award them ball-in-hand.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A team is a team. I stay. Also, all the players on my team are low to mid ranked, and generally appreciate me staying for coaching advice and support.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I stay the whole time for support and many times to help during a timeout. Evn though smoking is banned many bars still permit it and then I will leave when my match is over or I won't show up the night we are scheduled to play there.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Usually stay unless I have to get up particularly early. It's not bad in my BCAPL league because the format is each player plays a game and not a race match - 5 players on each team each play one game per round for 4 rounds (5 games per round, total of 20 games). So the earliest you're done is if you have the first match-up in the final round, in which case there are only 4 games left before the night's over.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
We usually stay to the end, but that's just because one of us (hubs or me) are keeping score

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not playing league now but when I did it would just depend on the situation at the time. If the weather was getting dicey I'd leave quickly and maybe even ask to have my matches moved up. Where I live is down an old logging road and there is the possibility that I wouldn't make it home if I waited too long.

Most times I would stay until the bitter end to await the outcome.

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
Team sport...can you imagine the catcher in baseball leaving halfway thru the ninth because he doesn't need to catch anymore???

It's ridiculous. Stay. Support. Play. Watch. Build comraderie, give advice, take advice, reconstruct some shots where failures occurred. Learn from them as a team. It really upsets me when someone just walks out, like they are king contributor.

Shermanscs

Steve sherman
Silver Member
I could not agree more! It really bothers me when my teammates leave before the last game has been played. I hate hearing the excuse "I gotta get up early". We all gotta get up early! The poor bastard who plays last gotta get up early too, but he stays and plays in the last slot because that's what the team needed that night & the team should be there as a team until the end. Nothing sucks more than keeping your own score because you are the only one on your team left, playing an opponent who's whole team is cheering him on.

I could not agree more! It really bothers me when my teammates leave before the last game has been played. I hate hearing the excuse "I gotta get up early". We all gotta get up early! The poor bastard who plays last gotta get up early too, but he stays and plays in the last slot because that's what the team needed that night & the team should be there as a team until the end. Nothing sucks more than keeping your own score because you are the only one on your team left, playing an opponent who's whole team is cheering him on.

What's the point of having a team if you don't play together?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I stay till the end. Have always done so. Of course, now I'm the captain of one team, so I kinda have to :p

(tho I've seen other team captains leave early....makes me shake my head)

There's always things to learn, things to teach, being scorekeeper or letting them go to the bathroom, helping with time outs....oh yeah, and supporting your team!

That having been said, I have a couple players that like to leave early, up really early in the morning for work, and I dont gripe, so long as I have a couple others hanging in.