Dollar water pays off big at "Hanks" billiards

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
No, I have not.
I am familiar with the service industry though, was a auto tech for 40 years. People get angry if you charge them to air up their tires, find and replace a bad fuse, spend a half hour checki8ng their brakes, etc. It seems they dont understand the fact that when I am not doing something free for them I am busy doing other things that the shop gets to charge $115.00 per hour for. If its a regular customer we wont charge for small stuff but if you start doing all the stuff for free you will be doing free stuff all day.
Pool players start getting upset when literally everything isn't free. Then complain when the tables aren't recovered whenever they think is appropriate. They couldn't manage a hot dog cart, but always always know how to run a pool room better than anyone.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pool players start getting upset when literally everything isn't free. Then complain when the tables aren't recovered whenever they think is appropriate. They couldn't manage a hot dog cart, but always always know how to run a pool room better than anyone.
Ummm... There are some pretty bad room owners. One local place has black cloth. That helps to hide the dirt and the beer stains which are three-deep in places. Most house cues not really usable. $14/hour day and night per table. I hear they will be closing soon.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ummm... There are some pretty bad room owners. One local place has black cloth. That helps to hide the dirt and the beer stains which are three-deep in places. Most house cues not really usable. $14/hour day and night per table. I hear they will be closing soon.

The local hall where I live had crappy tables from the 60's with tan felt and the rails were falling off, oh, and the food sucked. It was like that since when I moved here in 2004 and I'm sure it was like that for a very long time. About 3-4 years ago the minority owner took over and they have moved to all Diamonds with either tournament blue or grey cloth, huge improvement but, the food still sucks.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Sure. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t some crappy regulars too.