Dumbest question ever asked on AZB....

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Okay folks, I'm bored. This self quarantine/social-distancing is making me crazy.

My question: How does one, or what is the proper way to pick four balls up out of the ball return with one hand?

I do not have small hands. Heck, at almost 67 years-old I can still palm a basketball. But for some reason I cannot for the life of me pick four pool balls up at a time with one hand without fumbling one or more of them onto the floor. :sorry:

What makes it more frustrating to me is how easy the players make it look on all the YouTube videos I watch. Heck, I even saw Karen Corr doing it on a taped match.

How about someone give me a detailed description, or better yet a picture of how to perform this seemingly (to me) act of magic.

Maniac

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay folks, I'm bored. This self quarantine/social-distancing is making me crazy.

My question: How does one, or what is the proper way to pick four balls up out of the ball return with one hand?

I do not have small hands. Heck, at almost 67 years-old I can still palm a basketball. But for some reason I cannot for the life of me pick four pool balls up at a time with one hand without fumbling one or more of them onto the floor. :sorry:

What makes it more frustrating to me is how easy the players make it look on all the YouTube videos I watch. Heck, I even saw Karen Corr doing it on a taped match.

How about someone give me a detailed description, or better yet a picture of how to perform this seemingly (to me) act of magic.

Maniac
WOW. Talk about being bored. Why is this important?

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member

Maniac

Personally I can't wait for your question in 3-6 weeks when we are still under lock down. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay apart.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... My question: How does one, or what is the proper way to pick four balls up out of the ball return with one hand? ...
I've actually been trying to do that recently. It means I only need two sets of grabs to rack 14 for straight pool. I keep dropping balls, so I only use it when my opponent has a good break shot set up.:wink:

-- Three-ball Bob

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
WOW. Talk about being bored. Why is this important?

Not important at all....I just cannot freakin' do it. :thumbup:

And yes....I'm bored out of my gourd!

I guess I could have asked what's the best tip/chalk/cue, etc. to use.

Maniac (okay....sorry for asking :()

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

Maniac
Dumbest question ever asked here? That's a pretty low bar - but I think you might have limboed under it.

pj <- congrats, I guess
chgo

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If it was not for questions, be they dumb, or brilliant the Forum would die. Recently a member was trying to figure out how to kill smoke smell in his Cue Case. Another Member suggested Dry Sheets.

Well it also work in killing the smell in a handmade baby gift that spent the last year in a basement in CT, item was place in plastic bag with dryer sheets. Two weeks later smell was gone.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes when I reach in for balls, the back wall forces them in between the fingers capturing 5

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
okay folks, i'm bored. This self quarantine/social-distancing is making me crazy.

I do not have small hands. Heck, at almost 67 years-old i can still palm a basketball. But for some reason i cannot for the life of me pick four pool balls up at a time with one hand without fumbling one or more of them onto the floor. :sorry:

What makes it more frustrating to me is how easy the players make it look on all the youtube videos i watch. Heck, i even saw karen corr doing it on a taped match.

Maniac

ban him .

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Dumbest Answer

Here is the dumbest answer to the dumbest question. For me it's easy.

Attachments

• IMG_1433.jpg
    IMG_1433.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1434.jpg
    IMG_1434.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 240