Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys I havent heard back from anyone and to be honest as you all know ive been really busy the past week. Others have said they heard also so hopefully someone finds out. Im sure it wasnt a 12 year ol though. So anyways how are you all enjoying the event so far?
Great job, Bobby! Enjoying the stream! Tell Deon his buddy, Matt said hello. Miss Northern VA.

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby told me that one night at dinner he mentioned a few principles of good 14.1 pattern play to Earl.

It was stuff that Earl clearly was not demonstrating during his run attempts. Bobby said Earl listened and then said: I know all that stuff.

Lou Figueroa
That is cool to hear. Based on my limited viewing experiences, he does not seem like one to be open to feedback. Anyway, I for one appreciate this challenge, think it's a great thing for pool, and appreciate the effort being put in here.

Thanks to you and the organizer.

kanzzo

hobby player
incredible performance o_O

it's a little more to it then just not missing. But it helps to treat every ball as a hanger. His pace is like 12 seconds a ball. He pots more than 2000 balls a day. And he keeps his concentration for 10-11 hours a day.

It all comes down to how many break balls he can string together without scratching on a break or getting some incredible bad roll after the break. And he goes out of his way to get great break shots with steep angle and almost zero chance of scratching most of the time.

Looking forward to seeing him shooting 500+ within a week

Last edited:

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are many things I wish I could do while watching him play, but damn he leaves it steep on the break shot. I just cannot do that, or I'm going to miss the shot! (Something to practice obviously...)

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bobby told me that one night at dinner he mentioned a few principles of good 14.1 pattern play to Earl.

It was stuff that Earl clearly was not demonstrating during his run attempts. Bobby said Earl listened and then said: I know all that stuff.

Lou Figueroa
I can relate to Earl on that. When I was in my twenties I watched videos from most of the masters teaching how to play pool correctly, stroke straight, thinking ahead in the rack patterns and so on. I used to shoot in and out of a coke bottle fast without touching the edge. But as time went on I just started playing more by feel and less by what I had learned. My game suffers from not keeping up those rock solid fundamentals, but in some ways I do play better just by feel on the shot and aim, etc. So if someone tries to tell me how to aim, stand, stroke and such I could say just like Earl, I know all that stuff. But habits you develop in pool are how you will play whether they are good or bad even though you know other ways.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can relate to Earl on that. When I was in my twenties I watched videos from most of the masters teaching how to play pool correctly, stroke straight, thinking ahead in the rack patterns and so on. I used to shoot in and out of a coke bottle fast without touching the edge. But as time went on I just started playing more by feel and less by what I had learned. My game suffers from not keeping up those rock solid fundamentals, but in some ways I do play better just by feel on the shot and aim, etc. So if someone tries to tell me how to aim, stand, stroke and such I could say just like Earl, I know all that stuff. But habits you develop in pool are how you will play whether they are good or bad even though you know other ways.
When you can make any shot on the table and put the cue anywhere you want, pattern play is less important. Note I didn't say it wasn't important, I said "less" important.

I bet if Early started playing opposite handed, we would see really good patterns all of a sudden. I say that out of my experience playing racquetball.

I can hit the ball really hard, backhand and forehand. Can pretty much kill the ball from anywhere on the court. In the past few years though (as my game has gone down hill with age), I find myself losing more and more. I see why I'm losing (I'm trying to kill everything and not playing much strategy). Still though, I've been playing that way for so many years, I cannot stop it. So quite a few times now, I switched to playing opposite handed. Now that my power game isn't there and I'm forced to play more strategically, I'm actually competing better (despite looking like a mongoloid swinging lefty).

Last edited:

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe if the pockets were a little tighter he wouldn't scratch so much.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk