Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did anyone hear them mention what the pocket facing angles were during the just-completed Arizona event? Of course not, because no-one ever does that during any event.
The only measurement of the pockets given was the width of the pocket opening, and was called a stock pocket, thats a lie.

And of course no one give the pocket dimensions when tables are being supplied for a tournament because they're the stock pocket openings for those manufactured tables, and it wouldn't be worth the time or effort to alter all the pockets to make them accept balls a lot easier!
[/QUOTE]

Of course, I defer to your superior knowledge of the subject. My view is that we not to stop sweating this matter. Time to sit back and enjoy the show.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Stu

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Did anyone hear them mention what the pocket facing angles were during the just-completed Arizona event? Of course not, because no-one ever does that during any event.
The only measurement of the pockets given was the width of the pocket opening, and was called a stock pocket, thats a lie.

And of course no one give the pocket dimensions when tables are being supplied for a tournament because they're the stock pocket openings for those manufactured tables, and it wouldn't be worth the time or effort to alter all the pockets to make them accept balls a lot easier!
[/QUOTE]

Of course, I defer to your superior knowledge of the subject. My view is that we not to stop sweating this matter. Time to sit back and enjoy the show.
[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong, I think what Bobby is doing is a huge breath of fresh air for 14.1 and its very enjoyable to watch fantasies get converted to reality when it comes to the players claimed personal best high runs, Ruslan was right on, SVB was right on, even Jason came into this event with a realistic personal best high run of which he matched. Then repeatedly forcing his way through rack after rack, run ending runs, learning what he was doing wrong, then making adjustments as he kept at it, ran up his personal best to 407, great job on Jason's part, he's shown he has what it takes to be great at any game of pool he plays, when he sets his mind to it, and learns as he goes.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that the same Ernesto Dominguez whose son Oscar owns Hard Times Sacramento?
Yes, the same one. Jayson makes running 14.1 racks and setting up the break ball so ridiculously effortless, it really makes want to quit playing pool after 50 years.

What an incredible talent to have the discipline to keep doing this. I have no doubt he could threaten the world record if he was able to keep up this pace for a few weeks!

tomatoshooter

This has been my point all along. Talking about standards in 9 ball is ridiculous enough let alone solo exhibition 14.1 high runs.

For decades, 526 was recognized as the record on an 8 foot table with buckets. From all accounts, Mosconi used his own balls, certainly his own cue ball. Now we accept 626 as the record sight unseen on a table with buckets.

The only reason this pointless conversation is happening (because if 626 gets broken in this event it WILL be the new record) is because Legends have been kind enough to provide us with a free stream of every single second of plat and transparent enough to give us all the details of the playing conditions, certainly a shit load more details than any other recognized record.
As soon as they post a picture of the pocket with a ruler and a protractor I'll demand to see a hygrometer and thermometer. It's not legit if relative humidity is less than 43%.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
As soon as they post a picture of the pocket with a ruler and a protractor I'll demand to see a hygrometer and thermometer. It's not legit if relative humidity is less than 43%.
If you can't show those specifications, then you're showing your intellectual abilities which prove you don't know shit.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the same one. Jayson makes running 14.1 racks and setting up the break ball so ridiculously effortless, it really makes want to quit playing pool after 50 years.

What an incredible talent to have the discipline to keep doing this. I have no doubt he could threaten the world record if he was able to keep up this pace for a few weeks!
Wow, how he just missed that straight in 3 ball on his 7th rack is nothing more than the result of his super fast pace of play.

However, there’s no way he would have the stamina to keep up all these long runs and continuing to start over after a miss if he wasn’t playing at that fast pace. He knows he can get right back to a 100+ run in like 20 minutes - simply amazing to watch!

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Running here now:

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/111447814343470/videos/1288193175021752

He's about to finish rack 12.