Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of people are glad you were wrong.

You picked a good number too.
there are two things i was wrong about
jayson did not melt
jayson did not melt down

i admitted my mistake in the thread
this afternoon.

but if he scratched on his break ball
in rack 51, isn’t the number 713?

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jayson did not melt
jayson did not melt down

this afternoon.

No. That has been talked about several times. Apparently, if you were playing a 14.1 match in a tournament, and on your first turn you ran 100 balls, then scratched on your 101st ball, then your "score" would be recorded as 99, and your "run" would be recorded as 100. Here, they are attempting high "runs" not high "scores".

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
One thing is for sure you will never know if jayson did it for free or made a million dollars. I know thats burns your ass straight through your wet diapers doesnt it.
Let me check......still dry! But o do have a room owner wanting mt to build out a GC3 to play better than yours so JS can set a record of a 1,000+ run, so not only can I match the pockets on your table, I can also make the cushions play better for 14.1 and I have a better cloth for playing 14.1 on, Stevens 22oz Superweave, so I told him I'd think about his offer, but I don't know if I can stomach building a circus table just to do that, how do you handle it knowing you're running this event on a gaffe table??

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jayson did not melt
jayson did not melt down

this afternoon.

He ran 51 racks and scratched on the break. 51x14=714

Attachments

• 90117B0F-2209-4315-84D7-357D488D185A.jpeg
    90117B0F-2209-4315-84D7-357D488D185A.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 45

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Unfortunately, they miscounted somehow: Jayson was only at 625 there. When you start a rack, there are 15 balls on the table. When someone told him he had beaten 626, and he celebrated by showing his bicep to the camera, there were 6 object balls left on the table, i.e. there were 9 balls in the pockets. There is no amount of racks plus 9 that adds up to 627 balls:

43 racks x 14 = 602
44 racks x 14 = 616
45 racks x 14 = 630

If he had missed the next shot, which he shot by stretching out diagonally on the table with a 30" bridge and poked at the ball, I think he would have been pretty disappointed.
Of course they miscounted, who wouldn't be excited af to become a legend

Thankfully he continued making the ball 😂

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I predict Shaws high run to be around 318, but no higher than that. He moves to many balls un-needlesy because he don't see his way through the pattern layouts well.
Duh!!! Here is your post. Now who is the dumb ass. Haha!! (oh, also you could say unnecessarily or needlessly but there is no word un-needlessly)

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, who at azbilliards is going to join that club and smuggle in a protractor? You might make more money selling pictures of the pocket with a protractor on it than JS will make selling his 626 video.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Okay, who at azbilliards is going to join that club and smuggle a protractor in?
The photo perspective is deceiving ;-)

Lou Figueroa
we have been over this
frequently
Then you shouldn't have a problem taking a picture with 2 balls in the back of the pocket, right?

Post the picture, that's all I've wanted all along, just to prove a point. Do that and I have nothing left to post about.