Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I think the way you interact on here about this is 100% of the reason that such a picture has not been posted. You made it too juicy to just sit back and say nothing, right or wrong.

I don’t think of it as a huge deal, some iffy shots went in but they go in on valleys too and probably a few other tables with generous pockets.

I don’t remember the Legends crew ever stating it was a stock GC but it’s possible I missed something. They said it’s the table and they’re fine with it, earl didn’t go off about it as far as I know and he seems like someone who would based off past comments about respecting the game.
Keep believing I'm the reason why no picture has been posted! The reason is the truth is in the picture, and they DID claim this table had STOCK factory pockets, and that's a damn lie!

kanzzo

hobby player
Even if you have to cheat to break them, who really cares, its just pool anyway, its not like ROCKET SCIENCE!!!
ok, one more time. It's not ROCKET SCIENCE is idiom for "it's not difficult". So you get points for trying, this is how one learns to use idioms correctly. But nobody in this thread thinks that pool is easy so you are using this idiom in a wrong way.

But keep trying and you'll eventually get there. This is how learning works.

Once you reach the idiom comprehension level of an 11 year old, you'll know how to use it correctly. (Idioms are not meant to be used literally. Yes pool is not rocket science. So is brain surgery or heart surgery on newborns. Still not easy tasks.)

Last edited:

kanzzo

hobby player
JS would run a 1,000 balls on this circus table😅🤣😂
I highly doubt John Schmidt could top his 626. But I would like to see him try. (John Schmidt would run 1000 once every 320 years going for it 8 hours a day and I don't think he has it in him to even give it 2 more months trying full time. But probability calculation seems to be also over your head. So I doubt you'll get my arguments.)
JS is not clear enough for an acronym, since I think that 1000 is something that Jayson Shaw cold break one day

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I don’t remember the Legends crew ever stating it was a stock GC but it’s possible I missed something. They said it’s the table and they’re fine with it, earl didn’t go off about it as far as I know and he seems like someone who would based off past comments about respecting the game.
They were open about the table having the rails redone, which is a thing that needs to happen sometimes - we all know that. But that gets tricky - is that stock? If they say yes, half the crowd will rip into them accusing them of lying. If they say it's not stock, the other half of the crowd starts accusing them of setting up a gaffe table that's been Frankensteined to accept any ball aimed within 2 feet of the pocket.

I'm guessing Bobby just said "F it" and moved on with the issue, deciding not to post photos and stir up the crazies even further.

The problem is that RKC won't approve of any table set up unless it was done by RKC, and even then, I'm still not sure he'd approve of it. It just doesn't matter at a certain point and you have move on and try and let Jayson's run speak for itself.

I understand not wanting to post a bunch of photos that probably don't even represent the pockets accurately, just to let the nutjobs run wild with it. I would post the photos, but I'm not running this and I do understand not wanting to post the photos. In a perfect world, they can. We do not live (and certainly do not post) in a perfect world.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
They were open about the table having the rails redone, which is a thing that needs to happen sometimes - we all know that. But that gets tricky - is that stock? If they say yes, half the crowd will rip into them accusing them of lying. If they say it's not stock, the other half of the crowd starts accusing them of setting up a gaffe table that's been Frankensteined to accept any ball aimed within 2 feet of the pocket.

I'm guessing Bobby just said "F it" and moved on with the issue, deciding not to post photos and stir up the crazies even further.

The problem is that RKC won't approve of any table set up unless it was done by RKC, and even then, I'm still not sure he'd approve of it. It just doesn't matter at a certain point and you have move on and try and let Jayson's run speak for itself.

I understand not wanting to post a bunch of photos that probably don't even represent the pockets accurately, just to let the nutjobs run wild with it. I would post the photos, but I'm not running this and I do understand not wanting to post the photos. In a perfect world, they can. We do not live (and certainly do not post) in a perfect world.
Cue it up podcast shows the table. Jayson puts 2 balls in the pocket and calls them buckets and shows the binder style rings used for the rack.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a screen capture:

lNuegvW.png

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here's a screen capture:

lNuegvW.png
That can't be the same table being used in this event, if you put those balls half way in the jaw of the pocket, split the balls down the middle, from point to point, the balls are 4 1/2' but the gap in between has to be well over a 1/2" which means those pockets would be bigger than claimed in this event. That can't be the table used in this event😅🤣

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler would run a 1000 on this table. He plays 14.1 WAY smarter than Shaw. I watched him run 209 on Alex P. on a ProCut Diamond and he made it look EASY.