Earl "The pearl" And Mike Sigel In NC

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Guys,

I am trying to promote Earl "The Pearl" Strickland and Mike "Captain Hook" Sigel to come to Western North Carolina this Fall/Winter to do some Clinics/Exibitions/Private lessons. The venue will be at a local pool room that could Eventually lead to my private pool room (For VIP) All of this will be discussed further if there is enough interest to make this happen, Please pm me for more details... So I can get this ball rolling! I am looking for 15 SERIOUS, Committed People! Let Me Know Your Thoughts! Thanks, Davie

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Rough cost. length of clinic, actual town in NC? I would say 15 should be doable and I might even drive over the mountains depending on the answers...

meximan2469

WPBL
Silver Member
Hey Guys,

I am trying to promote Earl "The Pearl" Strickland and Mike "Captain Hook" Sigel to come to Western North Carolina this Fall/Winter to do some Clinics/Exibitions/Private lessons. The venue will be at a local pool room that could Eventually lead to my private pool room (For VIP) All of this will be discussed further if there is enough interest to make this happen, Please pm me for more details... So I can get this ball rolling! I am looking for 15 SERIOUS, Committed People! Let Me Know Your Thoughts! Thanks, Davie

I'm 98% sure that Earl and Mike Sigel have a strong distaste for each other....so getting them both might be an issue. If I were you I would talk to Mark Cantrill if you are trying to put something like this together. Also if you are trying to get in touch with Earl I believe you have to go through Mike Gulayassy as I heard Earl basically signed his life away to him to manage his interests.

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rough cost. length of clinic, actual town in NC? I would say 15 should be doable and I might even drive over the mountains depending on the answers...
Would be held in Asheville, NC or Greenville, SC... Both very near by. Specifics will be worked out later... In terms of how many people are serious and sign up. It would realistically be around $150.00 to $200.00 pp. combinations of 4 to 6 hours of group clinic/one on one lessons/ exibitions/trick shots. Don't hold me to all this... Everything is still in the works so far... Thanks!:smile:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Hey Guys,

Sounds great I would recommend it to anyone, I have had Earl in my Pool along with some others and my customers got allot out of it.

But, I thought Earl was kinda committed to another promoter?

Either way, good luck with your Clinic I hope it comes about.

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 98% sure that Earl and Mike Sigel have a strong distaste for each other....so getting them both might be an issue. If I were you I would talk to Mark Cantrill if you are trying to put something like this together. Also if you are trying to get in touch with Earl I believe you have to go through Mike Gulayassy as I heard Earl basically signed his life away to him to manage his interests.
Thanks for your help! But, I know Earl, He has been here in the past and both would be willing to do this! Or, Maybe I will decide to do seperatly (Depending on interest). Thanks again!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your help! But, I know Earl, He has been here in the past and both would be willing to do this! Or, Maybe I will decide to do seperatly (Depending on interest). Thanks again!

I played some with a gentlemen at PlayWorld a couple years ago and he had a telescoping bridge system that was amazing. He told me that he was going to have Earl endorse it and they were going to market it together. Never came about for one reason or another. I was just there at the LAAF festival and played at the new place in town, lousy tables with lots of roll.. Good Luck with your endeavor..

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds great I would recommend it to anyone, I have had Earl in my Pool along with some others and my customers got allot out of it.

But, I thought Earl was kinda committed to another promoter? Mike Gulyassy would allow this. Again, I am a friend of Earl and I am just trying to do something good for pool... Like I have done in the past! earl was here a few years ago and did an exibition and came to my restaurant, he is willing to do this again! I am friends with Mike G as well! I am not a proclaimed "Promoter"... Just a pool nut... Supporting the players and all of us at AZ Billiards!

Either way, good luck with your Clinic I hope it comes about.

But, I thought Earl was kinda committed to another promoter? Mike Gulyassy would allow this. Again, I am a friend of Earl and I am just trying to do something good for pool... Like I have done in the past! earl was here a few years ago and did an exibition and came to my restaurant, he is willing to do this again! I am friends with Mike G as well! I am not a proclaimed "Promoter"... Just a pool nut... Supporting the players and all of us at AZ Billiards!

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played some with a gentlemen at PlayWorld a couple years ago and he had a telescoping bridge system that was amazing. He told me that he was going to have Earl endorse it and they were going to market it together. Never came about for one reason or another. I was just there at the LAAF festival and played at the new place in town, lousy tables with lots of roll.. Good Luck with your endeavor..
Thank You Sir!

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would be held in Asheville, NC or Greenville, SC... Both very near by. Specifics will be worked out later... In terms of how many people are serious and sign up. It would realistically be around $150.00 to $200.00 pp. combinations of 4 to 6 hours of group clinic/one on one lessons/ exibitions/trick shots. Don't hold me to all this... Everything is still in the works so far... Thanks!:smile:

I could live without the trick shots. Doesn't anyone really want to see pros pocket 6 balls at once? I would rather have more individual time to learn about the subtle nuances of the game.
Wish I lived in that area. I'd sign up in a minute.
Good luck.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I've never been very impressed by trick shots but I have to say Nick Varner impressed me not only with the quality of the trick shots in his routine but the CONSISTENCY in which he executed them. I know this is about Mike and Earl but I had to say that Varner puts on a serious trick shot show.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck in your endeavor. if it happened in California, I would sign up in a heartbeat. Earl and Mike are two of the greatest players who ever held a cue stick. To have both of them giving you tips would be fantastic.

poolsnake69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
more info ,,,,,,

Please keep us informed if this actually goes on ! I know of several that would go to it ,,depending on how its set up and the cost .
I have to agree with several post ,,,I could care less for the trick shots .

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member

You talking about Fat Cats? That place has lousy equipment..go to Cues and Spirits...seems to have a few gaamblers there since Playworld shut down...:thumbup:

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You talking about Fat Cats? That place has lousy equipment..go to Cues and Spirits...seems to have a few gaamblers there since Playworld shut down...:thumbup:
Equipment much better at Cue And Spirits like stated... Equipment at Fat Cat's is lousy. Still... Don't expect Diamonds or GC's at Cue's either:thumbup:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hi Kenny, No there is a new place that sucks, across the street from the court house downtown. Fat Cats sucks too, I was there a year ago and the tables played like mud.. I did not know Playworld closed. Guess I'll have to try Cue & Spirits the next time I get down. On a positive note LAAF was a lot of fun, my daughter was volunteering at one of the beer tents!!!