Earl @ Turning Stone

realkingcobra

Silver Member
LOL, you should speak with our mutual friends and see what I think of scumbags.
Personally, I think you're the cream of the crop of scumbags! If you let your opponent out rack you to win, you're no where near as good as you think you are. In boxing, if your opponent keeps hitting you with low blows, you can wait until the ref takes a point away for unsportsmanlike conduct, and keep getting hit in the nuts, OR you can hit your opponent back in his NUTS harder than he hit you, maybe then he'll think twice before he low blows you again!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Or the tournament should either use a template or rack your own to prevent the rack mechanics from dominating.
OR if your opponent racking for you gives you a rack that no matter how you break it, nothing goes in, INSTEAD of helping him out by giving him a completely open table to run out with, just roll the cue ball up on the 1 ball, take the illegal break penalty of giving him ball in hand, then sit back and see what he can do from there!!! And rack for him just like he racks for you! You learn how to win when you're playing other people for money, on horrible pool table conditions, bad environments, and bad crowds, and you learn to cover your ass so you CAN leave with the money you win! If you have the mindset that pool is fair, and everyone has some sort of rules they have to play by, you're guaranteed to lose!!

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, what ever, just another troll, there's no merit in your comment, just another stupid attack on me. This is exactly how threads get derailed, from people like you with your sarcasm!
You have a very thin skin. Just because you got busted for making things up should not really bother you. After all, from what I can tell, everybody on here knows you`re an asshole already.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You have a very thin skin. Just because you got busted for making things up should not really bother you. After all, from what I can tell, everybody on here knows you`re an asshole already.
Takes an asshole to recognize another asshole, so I guess you're right, because your post was unnecessary as well, you just wanted to able to have something to say as well. I said I was mistaken about how many times Earl won the Tunica Tournament, yet that wasn't good enough for you, thats ok, just points out the fact that you're another member of the TROLL club.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Takes an asshole to recognize another asshole, so I guess you're right, because your post was unnecessary as well, you just wanted to able to have something to say as well. I said I was mistaken about how many times Earl won the Tunica Tournament, yet that wasn't good enough for you, thats ok, just points out the fact that you're another member of the TROLL club.
Speaking of unnecessary............

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Earl remains a fine player, and can catch a gear from time to time, as he did at Turning Stone, where he was impressive. He can still give top players a serious run for their money.

That said, he finished tied for 49th at the US Open and tied for 17th at the International 9-ball, so he's not putting too much of a scare in the elite in the top events.

His Fargo is 776, making him the world's 66th best player by that measure. His play, to me, is consistent with his Fargo.

It would be a fantastic story if Earl were to make a super-deep run in a major at some point, and I wish him well in that pursuit, but I'm betting against, largely because he doesn't play in enough events to stay tournament tough.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed...I believe Earl still have one more "match" in him at a major event. Too bad he didn't have a chance to compete at the Mosconi last year.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
It seems Earl is making a mini comeback shooting really solid. I was a bit suprised he was making a couple of 250s in the 14.1 challenge as well. The guy is still a threat to anyone and I think it's great. Keep shooting well, Earl!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
For the people claiming Earl didn't belong on the Mosconi Cup team. Highest finishing American at Turning Stone - Earl Strickland.
A somewhat trivial accomplishment in the absence of practically every American player meriting Mosconi Cup consideration. None of these players were there:

Oscar Dominguez
Josh Roberts
Shane Van Boening
Skyler Woodward
Chris Reinhold
Jeremy Jones
Justin Bergman
Corey Deuel
Billy Thorpe

Among the American Mosconi caliber players, only Tyler Styer and Jeremy Sossei were at Turning Stone. In fact, Styer, Sossei and Strickland were the only Americans present who are counted among the top twenty Americans based on Fargo.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A somewhat trivial accomplishment in the absence of practically every American player meriting Mosconi Cup consideration. None of these players were there:

Oscar Dominguez
Josh Roberts
Shane Van Boening
Skyler Woodward
Chris Reinhold
Jeremy Jones
Justin Bergman
Corey Deuel
Billy Thorpe

Among the American Mosconi caliber players, only Tyler Styer and Jeremy Sossei were at Turning Stone. In fact, Styer, Sossei and Strickland were the only Americans present who are counted among the top twenty Americans based on Fargo.
Woodward and Roberts avoided Turning Stone for the Alabama tournament where they figured they could cash.

Some of the top European players were at Turning Stone. Earl showed up and played well. You would prefer the players who didn't show up?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Woodward and Roberts avoided Turning Stone for the Alabama tournament where they figured they could cash.

Some of the top European players were at Turning Stone. Earl showed up and played well. You would prefer the players who didn't show up?
My point is that his having been the highest finishing American was no big deal, as the top Americans weren't there, yes in part because of the fact that another event coincided with Turning Stone.

It's also not accurate that the top Europeans were there, unless you want to include Mika, Jayson, and Thorsten who all live in the Northeast within a few hours drive of Turning Stone and who have played Joss tour events for years. The only Europe-based player who is in the top 100 in the world based on Fargo who was there was Fedor Gorst.

Earl played well, but he didn't beat any of the top Americans or top Europeans. Rest assured, if you prioritize regular attendance in US-based events as a necessary credential for a Mosconi Cup spot, Earl's not even worthy of being considered.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i wonder if earl could make the mosconi cup team on merit if he travelled to every tour stop on the new nineball tour. but earl has no sponsor, not that i'm aware of (but i might be wrong), so it seems unlikely that he could afford the travel costs. maybe his fanbase is big enough for a GoFundMe?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It seems Earl is making a mini comeback shooting really solid. I was a bit suprised he was making a couple of 250s in the 14.1 challenge as well. The guy is still a threat to anyone and I think it's great. Keep shooting well, Earl!
One 238 high run

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My point is that his having been the highest finishing American was no big deal, as the top Americans weren't there, yes in part because of the fact that another event coincided with Turning Stone.

It's also not accurate that the top Europeans were there, unless you want to include Mika, Jayson, and Thorsten who all live in the Northeast within a few hours drive of Turning Stone and who have played Joss tour events for years. The only Europe-based player who is in the top 100 in the world based on Fargo who was there was Fedor Gorst.

Earl played well, but he didn't beat any of the top Americans or top Europeans. Rest assured, if you prioritize regular attendance in US-based events as a necessary credential for a Mosconi Cup spot, Earl's not even worthy of being considered.
Top Filipino's wasn't there either