Earl's Steve Mizerak Championship TV match

EZMoney

Could this be your money?
Silver Member
The Strickland Putnum TV match is scheduled to air this Saturday 12/11/10 at one o'clock on FXS (fox sport south channel 51 on time warner here in the southeast. Check your local FXS for your listing.) You can get a look at the 63" 24oz cue that he's now using. I have not seen ANYONE play better than Earl's playing now for what it worth. It will be worth watching.

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl's Mizerak Championship match on Fox TV

Thanks EZ,
I also found out it will be on HD (high definition) on FSN HD in the S.E. at Sat. 12-11-10 at 1pm and on Wed. 12-15-10 at 3pm (it says on channel 646). This match IS Earl's BEST in a loooong time! See it !

The Strickland Putnum TV match is scheduled to air this Saturday 12/11/10 at one o'clock on FXS (fox sport south channel 51 on time warner here in the southeast. Check your local FXS for your listing.) You can get a look at the 63" 24oz cue that he's now using. I have not seen ANYONE play better than Earl's playing now for what it worth. It will be worth watching.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
What a day we have on tap today. Mosconi Cup now with a side dish of Earl. With all this great pool airing today, I'm hoping for some osmosis effect when I screw together later.

BTW, good luck in the one hole tourney today EZ!

Hey, my window is open for the Earl/Putnam match. I'll give 2 to 1 odds and take Earl. :grin-square: :wink:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not listed on my cableguide, I wonder if there will be...

an internet stream?

Falcon Eddie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a day we have on tap today. Mosconi Cup now with a side dish of Earl. With all this great pool airing today, I'm hoping for some osmosis effect when I screw together later.

Hey, my window is open for the Earl/Putnam match. I'll give 2 to 1 odds and take Earl. :grin-square: :wink:

me too ...me too..

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks EZ,
I also found out it will be on HD (high definition) on FSN HD in the S.E. at Sat. 12-11-10 at 1pm and on Wed. 12-15-10 at 3pm (it says on channel 646). This match IS Earl's BEST in a loooong time! See it !

Thanks to EZ Money, you and others. I found it on FSN HD as well. It's on the Cox Communications cable on my channel 721, at 11:00 am CST here in New Orleans.

I am going to be torn between watching the two live stream programs and this one hour worth of taped filming.

Unfortunately I have never opted for the recording device.

I also just noted that it is on Sunday at 3:30 am. :p

JoeyA

Silver Member

You have a bet, I will take the two to one odds that Earl does not win his match today. I'm betting Earl does not win his match today. Is a hundred a good bet?

JoeyA

Silver Member
Ten ball championship

I'm watching the match right now. The HD quality is superb as well as the audio. You can hear Earl's quietest thoughts. It gives you some insight to what's going on with the players internally.

The commentators seem to understand pool very well. It was kind of a suprise to me because most of the professional commentators for television don't seem to understand the game the way these guys do.

Now that I think about it, this must be voice overs and since their voices aren't familiar to me and I mssed the very beginning so I don't know who the commentators are, they must be getting their information from a real poolplayer. :)

I like the presentation, although I miss seeing all of the shots. High quality production.

I also enjoyed seeing Earl's incredulous look when he realizes that it is not a race to 9. :) He was good-spirited about his faux pas and I believe that helped him to remain composed.

eARL SEEMED to make a lot of balls on the break but had a tendency to scratch and Shawn looked like he had a little more trouble making blls on the break.

Buffalo Billiards is getting a couple of the Diamond Tables that they are playing on with the one piece slate. Thanks for the final confirmation Real King Cobra. These pockets don't look that small and both players hung up a ball or two despite the new cloth.

Thanks to the Seminole Tribe of Florida for putting on this great event.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Oh gee! Now I realize why the commentator sounded like a pool player. It's MARK WILSON. :D

Even though it was a tv shortened version of the match it was a:

Good job MARK!

Glad to see Mark get credit where credit is due.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... You can get a look at the 63" 24oz cue that he's now using. ...

Really? I give the guy credit for trying most anything imaginable. I guess this one worked, at least in this tournament (unless you're kidding).

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Really? I give the guy credit for trying most anything imaginable. I guess this one worked, at least in this tournament (unless you're kidding).

One of the best players in Calgary uses a very heavy cue in the 24 ounce range and it is about 60 or 61 inches long.

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl's Miz. Championship TV match with Shawn P.

I just watched the Fox Sports South 1 hr. of the finals with Earl & Shawn. Neither played very well at all ! The cue earl was using WAS VERY LONG (don't know the weight?) I watched the two streaming matches leading up to the final and Earl played "lights out" ! His only problem then AND also in the finals was his break...he either couldn't make a ball or he would scratch the cue ball!

I'm still VERY GLAD he won (kind of like winning the 5th major in Golf) $20M ain't bad !

Gregmc

Registered
Thanks EZ,

Thanks for the info Wayne I missed it Sat. because of work Weds is good for me. Were @ GC Tues. shooters Thurs if my cue comes in call me or I'll see you Thurs.