Eating Crow

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
You making up stuff off the top of your head isn't anywhere close to me asking about clarification on something I read, you are kidding right? :D

Correct. They're not anywhere close to the same thing, so you shouldn't be treating them the same. Nothing more to say, right?

You were perpetuating a rumor and non-factual information that people have been spreading for a year or so now. A rumor that needs to be squashed. I on the other hand was taking a wild-ass guess on a shaft diameter. I was perpetuating no rumors, and it was clear I was making a (wrong) opinion on looking with my eyeballs alone. In the same thread, jrcrake, who corrected me, also takes a wild guess based on his observations about someone he knows. No measurements. It's a guess. I'm sure he won't get all backpedally when someone proves him right or wrong. Not like you.

Two different scenarios. So, not the same situation ,by definition. But, you're not flustered.

Silly looking? This is your thread, since it's so important to you. I'm fine playing, considering you didn't call me out with your vague thread (thanks Russ).

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you find out you’re wrong....that’s the time you learn something.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Then:

Make the decision to acknowledge it and actually put into practice what you learned.

I'm not sure who the OP is referring to but, I try to always stand up and be accountable.....regardless the consequences.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Then:

Make the decision to acknowledge it and actually put into practice what you learned.

I'm not sure who the OP is referring to but, I try to always stand up and be accountable.....regardless the consequences.

He's at least referring to me, although there's a suggestion there might be someone else he's got a hang up with.

Apparently, when he was wrong about Kaci and his (non) snooker background, the OP took umbrage with the way I told him he was wrong. The Kaci/snooker (non) connection has been reported wrong so many times, that rumor needs to be squashed. And with a username like "Snooker Theory," I would think he knows the facts.

He then got all twisted when I said the Sigel looks to still be shooting with a 13mm (something, that you corrected me about). I take no umbrage with you correcting me. Plus, I wasn't perpetuating a rumor. Did I miss the ongoing rumor about Sigel's shaft diameter??? Apparently, guessing by looks of a shaft diameter is the same violation to him. By the way, you also guessed at your friend's shaft diameter in the same thread. Expect a flogging, you rumormonger.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I usually do is just dig in my heels and continue to insist I'm right even if I know I'm wrong. The only time I admit I'm wrong is if I'm tired of arguing and then I'll admit I'm wrong even if I'm right.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's at least referring to me, although there's a suggestion there might be someone else he's got a hang up with.

Apparently, when he was wrong about Kaci and his (non) snooker background, the OP took umbrage with the way I told him he was wrong. The Kaci/snooker (non) connection has been reported wrong so many times, that rumor needs to be squashed. And with a username like "Snooker Theory," I would think he knows the facts.

He then got all twisted when I said the Sigel looks to still be shooting with a 13mm (something, that you corrected me about). I take no umbrage with you correcting me. Plus, I wasn't perpetuating a rumor. Did I miss the ongoing rumor about Sigel's shaft diameter??? Apparently, guessing by looks of a shaft diameter is the same violation to him. By the way, you also guessed at your friend's shaft diameter in the same thread. Expect a flogging, you rumormonger.

In my SHORT time as a member here on AZB, I've learned a little about pool and a little about people but the one thing I've learned the most about is:

MYSELF!

Below are just a few things I learned about myself:

1. I'm not as strong of a player as i thought.
2. I'm not as smart as I thought..... thanks PT....LOL.
3. I didn't know how to deal with wisecracks while online.... thanks Black-Balled..BB..LOL
4. Etc....
5. Etc...
100. Lol... the biggest thing I learned was, there are some scared little rabbits on here that like to "type" like a man but IRL ......well, let's just say they "SLOW THEIR ROLL"...

All- in- all:

Not only do I not regret joining AZB, learning to wade the waters and learning to let's things go or NOT..... and especially KNOWING THE DIFFERENCE has been the biggest asset I've gained here.... thanks AZB....

ONLINE was a NEW animal for me.

I can go into ANY poolroom.... I dont care how swank it is or if it's the most dangerous room in the world...... and fit in like an old piece of furniture... but this online stuff ain't for the weak at heart:thumbup:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I usually do is just dig in my heels and continue to insist I'm right even if I know I'm wrong. The only time I admit I'm wrong is if I'm tired of arguing and then I'll admit I'm wrong even if I'm right.

You sound a lot like my wife!

She is brutal. I'm scared of her:eek:uttahere:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Discretion. Some get it, some never will.

<<< Jimmy. Cannot figure out the difference between discreet and discrete.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
In my SHORT time as a member here on AZB, I've learned a little about pool and a little about people but the one thing I've learned the most about is:

MYSELF!

Below are just a few things I learned about myself:

1. I'm not as strong of a player as i thought.
2. I'm not as smart as I thought..... thanks PT....LOL.
3. I didn't know how to deal with wisecracks while online.... thanks Black-Balled..BB..LOL
4. Etc....
5. Etc...
100. Lol... the biggest thing I learned was, there are some scared little rabbits on here that like to "type" like a man but IRL ......well, let's just say they "SLOW THEIR ROLL"...

All- in- all:

Not only do I not regret joining AZB, learning to wade the waters and learning to let's things go or NOT..... and especially KNOWING THE DIFFERENCE has been the biggest asset I've gained here.... thanks AZB....

ONLINE was a NEW animal for me.

I can go into ANY poolroom.... I dont care how swank it is or if it's the most dangerous room in the world...... and fit in like an old piece of furniture... but this online stuff ain't for the weak at heart:thumbup:
Your post should be a sticky note for new posters. If half of the internet posters were as insightful as you, sir!

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're not anywhere close to the same thing, so you shouldn't be treating them the same. Nothing more to say, right?

Nah, I still have something to say...

If you think that me stating the following with a disclaimer is quintessentially any different than what you stated, well that logic is on par with your spelling.
Certainly, nothing I say is definitive by any means, and to give some perspective of my knowledge, I had never even heard of people playing "cue balls fouls only", so though I have loved pool and snooker for a long time, my knowledge is not as diverse as some of you guys. As Jay said in terms of difficulty, I would say,3 cushions then snooker, then pool. That's my .0002 cents.

I do believe Kaci grew up playing snooker and won several snooker tournaments before turning pro, although I could be wrong on that, just recall reading that somewhere.

Even with my disclaimer, you stated that
Now someone will read your post and spread the mistruth like wildfire.

Oh, interesting, so nobody would ever spread your misinformation, what if WW and JC weren't in the thread?

You think someone will click on this thread, and out of hundreds of posts, read only mine, then log off? Even after I said I am not even sure, Come on don't be so dramatic!!

At which point your roundabout called me a liar, WTF, lol. hahahah

Hold on. Isn't this in essence what you did? You skimmed, got wrong information, and with your Username as Snooker Theory, you are actually purposefully spreading an untruth. I'm sure you're inteligent enough to understand when you say things like, "I read somewhere that he's a child molestor, but I could be wrong...," you're going to plant that mistruth in enough other people's mind, especially those who skim.

How about this? How about saying, "thanks for information." Then remember that anyone can write anything to Wikipedia.

I'm sure the guy who wrote this tidbit skimmed and decided to pass on the information because he "read it somewhere," too.

It doesn't do our sport any good to perpetuate rumors. Do you disagree?

Maybe others will disagree but in all honesty, it seems to me you are just proving yourself a massive hypocrite, I try not to go with name calling but if you are going to imply I am a liar going around "purposely spreading mistruth" cause of my above-quoted post, I will call you on hypocritically doing the same thing, maybe your perception is the two situations are vastly different, I don't agree.

Just curious, anyone following along, is making a "wild-ass guess" on shaft diameter not perpetuating a rumor, and was me referencing an article quintessentially so different?

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Nah, I still have something to say...

If you think that me stating the following with a disclaimer is quintessentially any different than what you stated, well that logic is on par with your spelling.

Even with my disclaimer, you stated that

Oh, interesting, so nobody would ever spread your misinformation, what if WW and JC weren't in the thread?

At which point your roundabout called me a liar, WTF, lol. hahahah

Maybe others will disagree but in all honesty, it seems to me you are just proving yourself a massive hypocrite, I try not to go with name calling but if you are going to imply I am a liar going around "purposely spreading mistruth" cause of my above-quoted post, I will call you on hypocritically doing the same thing, maybe your perception is the two situations are vastly different, I don't agree.

Just curious, anyone following along, is making a "wild-ass guess" on shaft diameter not perpetuating a rumor, and was me referencing an article quintessentially so different?

WTH Snooker? It sure seems like a molehill is being turned into a mountain. Fred has provided a wealth of insight and knowledge to this forum and you are sporting torches and pitchforks....what gives? I hope this remark does not irritate you too much or my spelling is not to far off, you will be on me like a cheap suit.
I can only speculate what burr you might have under your saddle.

Cuebuddy>>>>afraid to guess:confused:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WTH Snooker? It sure seems like a molehill is being turned into a mountain. Fred has provided a wealth of insight and knowledge to this forum and you are sporting torches and pitchforks....what gives? I hope this remark does not irritate you too much or my spelling is not to far off, you will be on me like a cheap suit.
I can only speculate what burr you might have under your saddle.

Cuebuddy>>>>afraid to guess:confused:

Well if you take a look at this thread here, if this wasn't turning a mountain out of a molehill then I don't know what was. If you want to call me on that, and not Fred. What can I honestly say? Heck if you think Fred implying I was a liar and purposely spreading mistruth, cool :cool:

Maybe I should eat crow yet again.

But I think, if you (or anyone) takes a look at that thread, take any favoritism out of the equation, that you will rethink your comment, I am wrong a lot though, so who knows.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well if you take a look at this thread here, if this wasn't turning a mountain out of a molehill then I don't know what was. If you want to call me on that, and not Fred. What can I honestly say? Heck if you think Fred implying I was a liar and purposely spreading mistruth, cool :cool:

Maybe I should eat crow yet again.

But I think, if you (or anyone) takes a look at that thread, take any favoritism out of the equation, that you will rethink your comment, I am wrong a lot though, so who knows.

No favoritism here.

Youre acting like a 12 year old girl who got stood up for a dance.

Instead of eating crow, maybe you should work on not taking shit so seriously, and moving the fook on. :thumbup:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you both were wrong as i might be

I think you might be wrong about thinking you are wrong.

No favoritism here.

Youre acting like a 12 year old girl who got stood up for a dance.

Instead of eating crow, maybe you should work on not taking shit so seriously, and moving the fook on. :thumbup:

You're right, I never been much for being called a liar, hurts mah feelings. But I'll try and suck it up and move on. Good advice, cheers