Elk, Deer ferrules, buttcaps and joints

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Me personally, I dont think I could use one of these ferrules...because of the diff color...if my white ferrule gets dirty, that screws me up and it totally jacks my game up cause I am worried about blue chalk on my ferrule...so with this being diff colors, i doubt I could use them..but for buttcaps and collars, I think they are pretty...

And I agree with Brent, I love to use what mother nature gives us...its just simply pretty.

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
I absolutely love buckhorn in cues. I really like the grain. As for ferrules, I hate dirty ferrules from chalk, but I have no problem using buckhorn ferrules. I really like the way buckhorn hits too!

I have some cues with buckhorn and have collected some horns to work with once I can get set up to work with cues.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
check out this big mamma jamma i just got in the mail :wink:
hoping to get a handle out of it
006-12.jpg

004-16.jpg

Last edited:

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
I havnt had alot of time to do this, I have only made 6 collars and 3 buttcaps..I am in the process of moving my equip to a new shop and like i said before, I only have maybe 1 day a week to do this. Last week my time was spent with my sons cub scout pack so I didnt get to do anything last week. I have everyone down that wants something, and when i can make some more, I will post them on here...sorry guys, dont expect this to be even remotely fast....my family is first and this is second...if you want something done fast, I am not your guy....sorry

But I will post what I have when I get it so you all can see if you want it

thanks
Shawn

deadendcruser

Registered
I think Buck Horn goes good with the right wood...here is my cue with buck horn ferrules and buttcap....what do you think? i know...i should have cleaned them up before i post....lol

Attachments

• DSCF1001.jpg
    DSCF1001.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCF1003.jpg
    DSCF1003.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCF1005.jpg
    DSCF1005.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCF1006.jpg
    DSCF1006.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
I think Buck Horn goes good with the right wood...here is my cue with buck horn ferrules and buttcap....what do you think? i know...i should have cleaned them up before i post....lol

I agree, I am turning a McDermott house cue into a 2 piece and I am using elk collars and buttcap.

Its slow right now, I am so busy with family stuff I just dont have the time. I will have time after Christmas and will be able to dedicate 3-4 nights a week to start making this stuff. I made a friend a buckhorn ferrule and he really liked it, me personally, I dont like it because of the diff color of the material on my ferrule....im just funny like that though :grin:

deadendcrusher, your cue looks nice though!

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red Deer antler

check out this big mamma jamma i just got in the mail :wink:
hoping to get a handle out of it
006-12.jpg

004-16.jpg

I have a 2 year old Red deer antler with 7 points. What is required to season/prepare to use it as a joint and ferrule material.
It is customer supplied 1 piece of antler.

Neil

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
I have a 2 year old Red deer antler with 7 points. What is required to season/prepare to use it as a joint and ferrule material.
It is customer supplied 1 piece of antler.

Neil

I had some red deer antler and it was very very pithy (porous). I ended up throwing the whole thing away.

Joe

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sambar stag, moose, elk, and whitetail deer

o.k. i confess i have been telling everyone the above materials are what i have been using in my cues. now for the truth

Attachments

• PC280004.JPG
    PC280004.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 158