Everest Tip

Kyo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has ever used a Everest tip and how good is it compared to a moori?

Intrested in getting a new 314-2 shaft but never heard of this everest tip before. May stick with a Moori as i had good experiences with it.

Am i right in thinking the new gen 2 shafts have no problems fitting with my main cue as long as the link is the same as my old one. In this instance uni-loc? I got a Predator 4k1 cue.

Cheers

Kyo

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Try the Everest...you may like it a bit more than the Moori. The new 314-2 shafts hit very well with the Everest. There should be no "fitting" problems.

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kyo said:
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has ever used a Everest tip and how good is it compared to a moori?

Intrested in getting a new 314-2 shaft but never heard of this everest tip before. May stick with a Moori as i had good experiences with it.

Am i right in thinking the new gen 2 shafts have no problems fitting with my main cue as long as the link is the same as my old one. In this instance uni-loc? I got a Predator 4k1 cue.

Cheers

Kyo
I just replaced the moori that came on my new cue with an everest - I'll let you know tomorrow how it worked for me -

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kyo said:
Hi

Cheers

Kyo
Also if I were you I would consider the TigerX shaft over the predator - it comes with the sniper tip and in my opinion hits better than the pred

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I have an Everest on one of my r & d shafts and it seems a bit harder than a Moori M...overall you can't go wrong with it...

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gesan said:
Also if I were you I would consider the TigerX shaft over the predator - it comes with the sniper tip and in my opinion hits better than the pred
I don't see any logical reason why you would put a Tiger shaft on a Predator cue. Seems kind of bass akwards to me. JMO

I am picking up a 314-2 shaft on Friday and am looking forward to trying out the everest as well.

BVal

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
BVal said:
I don't see any logical reason why you would put a Tiger shaft on a Predator cue. Seems kind of bass akwards to me. JMO

BVal

You'd be amazed how frequently it happens ;) .

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CrownCityCorey said:
You'd be amazed how frequently it happens ;) .
I would be amazed. It probably does happen. I have just never ever seen it or even heard of it until just a few minutes ago. By the way, in no way am I slamming Tiger products at all, in fact I use quite a few of them and like them a lot. It just doesn't make any sense to me for someone to pay that much for a predator only to use the butt and put a different shaft on it.

BVal

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wseyller said:
I just got a pred z with everest tip and it works very well compared to some other decent tips.
I have used the Moori S and the Sniper on my Z-2. Right now I am trying out the Moori M. So far so good. I need to shoot some more with the Moori M before I can render an opinion.

BVal

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BVal said:

I am picking up a 314-2 shaft on Friday and am looking forward to trying out the everest as well.

BVal
you are probably right - who would try another shaft on a cue other than the one it came with - but maybe just maybe for the same reason anyone else would try a different shaft then the 1 that came with the cue. (why do you try different tips?)

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gesan said:
you are probably right - who would try another shaft on a cue other than the one it came with - but maybe just maybe for the same reason anyone else would try a different shaft then the 1 that came with the cue. (why do you try different tips?)
LOL - I guess you don't see my point. Most people buy a Predator cue for the technology that is in the shaft and the low deflection they bring. If you are going to put a tiger shaft on it then you might as well buy something that is much cheaper and then put a tiger shaft on it. I am just saying I don't get it. Obviously you think I am comparing any run of the mill cue/shaft with a tiger when in fact I am saying why would you buy a predator cue in the first place if you are going to put a tiger shaft on it. Just doesn't make sense. I think I am just wasting my time trying to explain when I have already explained it in another post. Maybe try reading them all before you come back again. As for any response - it will go unanswered as I have better things to do than talk to a wall.
Thanks,

BVal

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BVal said:
LOL - I guess you don't see my point. Most people buy a Predator cue for the technology that is in the shaft and the low deflection they bring. If you are going to put a tiger shaft on it then you might as well buy something that is much cheaper and then put a tiger shaft on it. I am just saying I don't get it. Obviously you think I am comparing any run of the mill cue/shaft with a tiger when in fact I am saying why would you buy a predator cue in the first place if you are going to put a tiger shaft on it. Just doesn't make sense. I think I am just wasting my time trying to explain when I have already explained it in another post. Maybe try reading them all before you come back again. As for any response - it will go unanswered as I have better things to do than talk to a wall.
Thanks,

BVal
You question the logic my post (all I was doing was trying share my advice/opinion) and thats ok - I question yours and now I'm the wall - if you follow your own logic - why would you ever try a different tip? by your own admission - you don't get it! instead of trying to start something maybe you oughta read the other posts! why resort to name calling. We could agree to disagree even if you don't get it.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gesan said:
You question the logic my post (all I was doing was trying share my advice/opinion) and thats ok - I question yours and now I'm the wall - if you follow your own logic - why would you ever try a different tip? by your own admission - you don't get it! instead of trying to start something maybe you oughta read the other posts! why resort to name calling. We could agree to disagree even if you don't get it.
It wasn't an attack at you or tiger personally - it was a question of why spend so much money on a predator cue when you could buy a cheaper cue and put and then put a tiger shaft on it. I didn't call you a name - I said i have better things to do than talk to a wall. As in no matter what I say it is going to bounce off. If you take offense to being compared to a wall - then I am sorry - you have every right to voice your opinion just as I have every right to question why someone would do that. Good luck.

by the way - trying different tips has nothing to do with buying a Predator cue and putting a Tiger shaft on it.

Thanks,

BVal

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kyo said:
Hi

Cheers

Kyo

Try the Everest tip, I think you'll like it. I liked it also, but I switched to a Sniper tip (which I love) soon after purchasing my Z-2 shaft.

---On a seperate note---
BVal, since you and I are in very similar boats, let me know how the 314-2 works out for you once you hit with it. I haven't purchased mine yet, but I am considering the switch.

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
In my humble opinion...screw the everest, screw the moori, screw layered tips. Nothing hits like a triangle. I started with the triangle, then tried out the moori, then the everest, then the sniper, and now back to the triangle.

egqps

Registered
when i first got my z2 it came with an everest. too hard for my taste. tried a moori S for the control but lasted all of 2 months and mushed every week. trying a triangle for the first time and lovin it!

by the way, first post, sooo

hello

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gesan said:
I just replaced the moori that came on my new cue with an everest - I'll let you know tomorrow how it worked for me -
I just ordered a 314-2 shaft and had the Everest tip replaced with a Moori soft tip. I get it tomorrow -- can't wait to try it out! :)

mikeiniowa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had my z2 shaft since last august and love it. it came with the everest tip and its great. the local pool hall did not have the everest when it came time for a new tip and I got a moori. that lasted a day. I ran out and got another everest. it is the best tip I have ever had and I have tried them all.

I play way too much pool and this is the 2nd tip since I got the shaft. 10 months 2 tips, trimmed up once and never reshaped. this tip lasts a long time and holds up better than anything I have ever used.

I will use this tip forever

mike