Silver Member

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
Newstroke-

I'm going out on a limb here, and accept your recomendation as stated.

But, due to your humor history, I'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Ahhhh-thanks

Take care

LOL, this one is serious. These boys are super comfy even if I do have wear plaid shorts with them. :)

walrus_3d

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skechers Shape Ups

I bought some skechers a year ago to see if they'd help my lower back pain. Initially they threw me off because they would destabilize my stance, but now that I'm used to playing in them I do a much better job getting into rock solid position for each shot. Because of the way the sole is constructed, they're also incredibly comfortable, so I would recommend them as a pool training shoe.

Anyway I started as an APA 4/4 and am now a 6/6 a year later.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
LOL, this one is serious. These boys are super comfy even if I do have wear plaid shorts with them. :)

Thanx
Gonna give them a try, they look comfortable.

..but anybody who wears plaid shorts should be arrested

9BallPaul

Banned
I bought some skechers a year ago to see if they'd help my lower back pain. Initially they threw me off because they would destabilize my stance, but now that I'm used to playing in them I do a much better job getting into rock solid position for each shot. Because of the way the sole is constructed, they're also incredibly comfortable, so I would recommend them as a pool training shoe.

Anyway I started as an APA 4/4 and am now a 6/6 a year later.

I'm with you on the Shape-ups. Same reaction is you had. But today I own three pair and am virtually never without them. In summer I play barefoot at home once in a while, but the Skechers are out of sight.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
I'm with you on the Shape-ups. Same reaction is you had. But today I own three pair and am virtually never without them. In summer I play barefoot at home once in a while, but the Skechers are out of sight.

Try MBT .. not cheap though

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
JMHO, but I find running shoes of any kind to be on the unstable side as they're designed with flexibility and agility in mind. Dress type shoes are more firm and provide the solid base required in pool. I played with Nike sneakers until last year when someone recommended dress shoes as a better alternative. I can honestly say that I feel more balanced and have less body movement as a result.

and after having work boots (steel toed at that) on all day, I want the absolute lightest thing possible on my footsies after work....I can play golf barefoot, with running shoes, and even played in aquasock type shoes after a big rains, and I believe most would say a stable base is required in the golf swing as well....

All that said, I'll give my big ole SUPER stable Red Wing boots a try some night. If I play a couple of balls better, I'll switch.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My recommendation if you can find them from a uniform company is mailman socks with double thickness on the soles. Thor Lo makes something similar for joggers.

Put a pair of those padded socks in a decent pair of shoes and it makes a big difference.