Exciting End to European Championship

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ouch. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve missed that same shot. On top of that he makes a ball on the break but it’s not a legal break. I hate 9 ball.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sad way to go down, but Pehlivanovic (Fargo 793) is a very fine player with a bright future and he'll grow from this moment. Wishing him the best of luck going forward.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A glimpse of Filler's character...

His opponent has the worst miss of his life and Filler proceeds to mock his celebration after pocketing the easy 9.

it is poor sportsmanship. but he has always been like that, atleast on the eurotour. probably ingrained in the same ultra-competitive mindset that makes him such a good player.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2C2A4188-6245-4711-B877-D3A3A97182F6.jpeg

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
A glimpse of Filler's character...

His opponent has the worst miss of his life and Filler proceeds to mock his celebration after pocketing the easy 9.
I'm not saying Fillers reaction was right but sometimes you get what you give.
For every action there is a reaction. Emotions run high during competion but it's best to be contained and celebrate when you pocket the last ball for the win.
It's like running into the end zone, high stepping, showboating, taunting and dropping the ball on the 1 yard line with no time left, you deserve the abuse , and players and the media will abuse him.
Hopefully he learned his lesson. Beating Josh Filler is like hitting the lottery for him.
Maybe the next time he is on the match ball he will be humble , and won't get his nose rubbed in it.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For every action there is a reaction. Emotions run high during competion but it's best to be contained and celebrate when you pocket the last ball for the win.
It's like running into the end zone, high stepping, showboating, taunting and dropping the ball on the 1 yard line with no time left, you deserve the abuse , and players and the media will abuse him.
Hopefully he learned his lesson. Beating Josh Filler is like hitting the lottery for him.
Maybe the next time he is on the match ball he will be humble , and won't get his nose rubbed in it.
Really? The dude's got like an 800 Fargo! I'll take those lottery odds.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Wow we're getting real bored aren't we...

I had to watch that a few times to try and find what the turmoil was about. Kid prematurely celebrated and it appears as though Filler took a rather minor jab at him. If memory serves they spoke to each other and shook hands a couple of times as well.

Why isn't anyone commenting on celebrating early...?

Much ado about nothing imo

Oh, and Alex's miss was way worse

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
I don't think that qualifies as hitting the lottery to beat a guy like Filer in a race to 9.
let me rephrase, It will be a big win for him and his confidence.
Sometimes one little tick jumps your game up, race to 9, 5. or whatever, its a motivator, confidence builder.
It could catapult him mentally and emotionally , possibly to elite class, maybe next time.
At that level mental composure is everything, he let the moment get the best of him, be humble, contain your emotions , jump up and down when the cash is in your hand.
There is nothing wrong with celebrating, but when you do it before you win you should expect what you may get in return.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
let me rephrase, It will be a big win for him and his confidence.
Sometimes one little tick jumps your game up, race to 9, 5. or whatever, its a motivator, confidence builder.
It could catapult him mentally and emotionally , possibly to elite class, maybe next time.
At that level mental composure is everything, he let the moment get the best of him, be humble, contain your emotions , jump up and down when the cash is in your hand.
There is nothing wrong with celebrating, but when you do it before you win you should expect what you may get in return.
Agreed on that point 100%.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There's some truth to this but there's a difference between celebrating too early or even being cocky in general, versus mocking your opponent. I sort of expect the first one in the realm of sports. It's part of what makes these things exciting to begin with. The 2nd one -- is actually what I can't stand about sports at this point. The big difference is found in whose achievement one is celebrating -- are you celebrating yours (or your teams), or are you celebrating your opponent's failure?

Wow we're getting real bored aren't we...

I had to watch that a few times to try and find what the turmoil was about. Kid prematurely celebrated and it appears as though Filler took a rather minor jab at him. If memory serves they spoke to each other and shook hands a couple of times as well.

Why isn't anyone commenting on celebrating early...?

Much ado about nothing imo

Oh, and Alex's miss was way worse

This is why I said it was a "glimpse" of Filler's character. I don't care how great of a competitor you are, when you see another player fail like that and your reaction is to mock him, that's says something about you. Does it paint the total picture of a man? Of course not.

Much ado about nothing??? Maybe, but it's a pool forum where we converse about such things.